Fire Frost

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by shine003, Sep 28, 2019.

1. shine003

shine003 Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Ok fine. What’s your solution? I anxiously await. Fire chins? Get ANOTHER d coordinator.

2. huskerbaseball13

huskerbaseball13 Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Getting rid of the fanbase of course...that’s the only option! And the reason Frost is 7-10 at Nebraska. Dam you fans!

3. TheNewNU

TheNewNU Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Correct. Moos said by year 3 we should have this thing turned around. Well he said maybe 2 years but more realistically 3.

4. Hoosker Du

Hoosker Du Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

So what? Getting shut out against Ohio State's 1s and 2s produces nothing more than "so what?" We're officially a non-Power 5 program.

Huskred01 likes this.
  5. Hoosker Du

Expand Collapse

Don't waste your time. This guy is on furlough from the State Hospital.

6. jeans15

jeans15 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

When your QB plays scared the rest of your team is toast.

BrighteRed24 likes this.
  7. shine003

Expand Collapse

Lol. The guy saying that getting blown out by a top team isn’t reason for a full on meltdown is the crazy person. Not the guy who’s tried to blame every bad game on one d coordinator. Got it.

8. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Stop trying to be Oregon and get back to what made us the best program in the country for three decades. The Big Ten is not the Pac-12. We won't be able to get the talent to outscore teams like OSU, Michigan, Penn St, and Wisconsin. If you think recruiting is hard now, wait until we have our 3rd consecutive losing season.

9. Sinomatic

Sinomatic Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

I'm not fine with only 9 wins, but to each their own I guess.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that you can't just reinstall the power/option scheme in 1.3 years. You've got to recruit to it, you've got to teach it. The staff that was hired was teaching what they taught. If Nebraska wanted Navy's offense they should have hired Niumatalolo.

Nebraska is 1.3 seasons in a bigger rebuild than any coach since Devaney and you're talking about threatening the coaches into coaching changes already.

10. BeautifulDayintheNeighborhood

Expand Collapse

If you take a step back and look at the situation we are on year 18 of a complete overhaul

Huskred01 likes this.
  11. SkerinDallas

SkerinDallas Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

You did create the "Fire Frost" thread. Sarcasm noted. Who's crazy?

12. shine003

Expand Collapse

When people are bitching to level they are, it’s the only conclusion you can make for what they want. Out coached, unacceptable, afraid, etc...what’s the logical conclusion for what they want? So I stated it outright to prove a point how absurd it is.

13. SkerinDallas

Expand Collapse

Did you get the response you were looking for?

14. shine003

Expand Collapse

Nope. Was hoping logic and reason would prevail. Apparently some are beyond that. Blind hate and stupidity prevail tonight.

SkerinDallas likes this.
  15. NikkiSixx

NikkiSixx All-American
    Expand Collapse

I didn't say that, I said to start putting maximum pressure on Scott. He actually performs well under pressure. His QB, however does not.

You can make excuses all you want for the program. I have seen freshman qb's win the NC. I have seen UCF go from 6-6 to 13-0. There is no reason for this team to be performing this badly.. except one. That kid has no business being a QB and leading this team.

Go back and listen to interviews of what Scott said he wanted in a QB shortly after his hire. Martinez is none of those things. His athleticism is great, but he is nothing like what Scott said was needed, and Scott said himself that the team will go how the QB goes.

A great leader back there will make the other guys better. Conversely, a poor leader will make the team worse.

This is what is happening. There isn't some huge talent gap.. at least not this big. It is all about a guy who has no confidence, no competitive drive, trying to lead an alpha group of players into battle. It's really basic stuff. This is why as long as Martinez is the QB, we are going to have a very tough time doing anything.

BrighteRed24 likes this.
  16. BrighteRed24

BrighteRed24 Walk On
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This makes a lot of sense

NikkiSixx likes this.
  17. fly-by-night

fly-by-night Newbie
    Expand Collapse

His talk is cheap. Still filling the fans and media the same lines of bs week after week.

18. Sinomatic

Sinomatic Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

We have an Alpha group of players? Which guy on our O line would you say is an Alpha o lineman? I'm not a football genius, but I do know a good O line will make a team go a long way.

I'm not making excuses. We have an ugly baby.

SC_'sker likes this.
  19. huskerbaseball13

Expand Collapse

I can’t wait to blame the young and inexperienced defense next year. You know...since we lose our 3 starting Dlineman and our best linebacker.

jeans15 likes this.
  20. shine003

Expand Collapse

So we should have won 7-0?

21. jmliehr

jmliehr Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Pretty sure that TO isn’t capable of calling plays or running the team anymore. The fact that people think some squiggles on paper are the difference between winning and losing amaze me. It was consistency of the staff and TO’s feel for play calling that made Nebraska what it was, even at that it was a perfect storm of talent that finally put us over the edge. Frost may get there, it took TO decades to reach the top and Frost is going to take time also.

bshirt73 and Sinomatic like this.
  22. huskerbaseball13

Expand Collapse

No, we shouldn’t have given up 38 points in the first half. I’ll chalk it up to our 5 senior starters on defense being “young.”

SC_'sker likes this.
  23. shine003

Expand Collapse

None of them have ever had two years under the same coordinator at Nebraska.

Sinomatic likes this.
  24. huskerbaseball13

Expand Collapse

So we can only expect Chinander to actually put a decent defense on the field when he has nothing but juniors/seniors on the two deep?

Or should we just ignore his tenure as a defensive coordinator in his first 4 years? Ohio St goes out and gets Greg Mattison...Frost brings along his buddy who has a total 1 year experience as a full time assistant at a power 5 school. Imagine that

Also, you are wrong.

SC_'sker likes this.
  25. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

TO had a few other advantages: an unrivaled Strength & Conditioning program, and a unique offensive system that was almost impossible to prepare for in one week.

Nowadays, every program has a top-notch Strength & Conditioning program, and our offense isn't unique. This offense requires an abundance of great skill players, whereas our old offense didn't, so was much easier to recruit to our location.

26. jmliehr

jmliehr Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

70 points to a 5 loss, unranked Wisconsin team in year 5 say hello along with 63 to OSU that same year. But Bo was great...

Top_Gun_ and SC_'sker like this.
  27. SkerinDallas

Expand Collapse

You know, this seems to be the factor that everyone forgets. What is the point of recruiting really good offensive talent if they can't do anything with it against good to great teams.

The funny thing is, we ran I formation for a few plays in the first half and it was the most successful our offense was all night. Maybe, after 15 years, it's time to reconsider this. TO is still alive to give guidance.

28. HuskersNC

HuskersNC Junior
    Expand Collapse

How Ohio State played in their season opener has nothing to do with how they played today, so yeah. Comparing one week to another means nothing, there is no transitive property of college football, never has been, never will be. Nebraska played poorly tonight, what does Florida Atlantic have to do with that? You don't think Ohio State was more focused for a conference game on the road than a season opener against a team that in the last decade has employed Howard Schnellenberger and Carl Pelini as its head coach?

29. huskerbaseball13

Expand Collapse

“more focused.”

Must be nice to have a focused and well prepared team. I wonder what that feels like.

30. HuskersNC

HuskersNC Junior
    Expand Collapse

So, when Bill Snyder was getting run out of Lincoln by 30 points in 1997 two games after Nebraska struggled to beat UCF by 14, did that mean UCF would have beaten that #7/#8 KSU team by 16? Not a direct, apples-to-apples comparison sure, Nebraska will finish nowhere near the top 25 this year, but there are plenty of examples of a top 5 team sleepwalking against a non conference opponent, so again: so what? I don't care what Ohio State or Florida Atlantic looked like on August 31st, it's September 28th now, and Ohio State looks like they'll be in the playoff, and Nebraska will need to play well enough to win against 3 more opponents to qualify for a bowl game in 2019 and continue restructuring the roster/depth chart to better compete at a national level. Don't like it? Tough titty.

jmliehr likes this.
  31. chuck285

Expand Collapse

The real butt hurt here isn't just the pounding you just got, it's you're still little brother to Wisconsin and Iowa.:rolleyes:

32. Huskred01

Huskred01 Walk On
    Expand Collapse

We need more Bethune Cookman’s & less Iowa’s.

That’s how we close out 4-2.

33. Hoosker Du

Expand Collapse

Oh shut up already. Florida Atlantic scored 21 against Ohio State and we scored 7. You can take the false transitive property stuff and shove it up your ass. We still got beat a lot more soundly than Florida Atlantic did by Ohio State, and that's embarrassing.

34. huskerfan66

huskerfan66 Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

No

35. Jimmy Frank

Jimmy Frank Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

I see the players taking on the attitudes of their coaches, it’s to bad some of the fans don’t.

36. Jimmy Frank

Expand Collapse

I agree also Frost is the guy and you’re a fn idiot crybaby. I bet you can’t wait for a loss so you can crack you knuckles and start crying on the boards. Sad. Nebraska has some of the best fans and at the same time, some of the dumbest...like really fn dumb.

37. Jimmy Frank

Expand Collapse

His answer will be derrr derrr here Saben, duhh derrr hire Dabo. Lmao.

38. K_Y_E

K_Y_E Walk On
    Expand Collapse

This is the dumbest statement I’ve read so far. Hope you’re joking.

118 K_Y_E, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  39. JohnRossEwing

JohnRossEwing Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Ha...we are all little brother to OSU...none of it matters except for being in the final four. The rest is an excuse to take a family trip.

40. Hoosker Du

Expand Collapse

That still doesn't solve the problem that is Eric Chinander being our DC. That guy has given up huge yards and points for 4 straight years. Frost needs to realize that he has attached himself to an anchor, and that anchor is going to drag Frost's career to the bottom with it.

I watched Collin Miller last night react to an outside running play as slowly as I've ever seen a LB react to a running play. It had nothing to do with Collin Miller's athleticism. It had something to do with something causing him to react like molasses. Not sure if the reads are more difficult to make with this defense or he is being taught poor technique, but he was taken almost completely out of the play until the RB was a good 12 yards down the field.

Knight_Light and scarletred like this.