ADVERTISEMENT

Fine Baum is an idiot

OSU has the biggest voice in the B1G. If they would have said we won't play, there would be no football this fall.
IF Nebraska players, parents and the the state attorney general hadn't pushed this thing, it wouldn't be happening regardless of what OSU wanted. The threat from the Nebraska state A.G. posed a real and present legal danger to the business of the B1G.

IF Nebraska players, parents and the the state attorney general hadn't pushed this thing, it wouldn't be happening regardless of what OSU wanted. The threat from the Nebraska state A.G. posed a real and present legal danger to the business of the B1G.
I agree the NU was a factor. But, I still believe if OSU and UM had stood firm saying they weren't going to play that we'd still be "delayed".

OSU has the biggest voice in the B1G. If they would have said we won't play, there would be no football this fall.

They wouldn't have said shit if Nebraska hadn't called out the B1G. They have the biggest voice, but if they don't use it, it doesn't matter.

The way you are saying tOSU saying no is counter to the poll above. And I would agree, because the B1G is full of pussies.

I was all for the B1G and the money, but I no longer think that Nebraska belongs in this group of Universities and colleges. It's a poor cultural fit. I see that now from a leadership standpoint. Instead of trying to find away to have football, it was shutdown before a decision needed to be made. Most of the members of the B1G had no interest in playing a season because it isn't important to them.

Reactions: bshirt73
They wouldn't have said shit if Nebraska hadn't called out the B1G. They have the biggest voice, but if they don't use it, it doesn't matter.

The way you are saying tOSU saying no is counter to the poll above. And I would agree, because the B1G is full of pussies.

I was all for the B1G and the money, but I no longer think that Nebraska belongs in this group of Universities and colleges. It's a poor cultural fit. I see that now from a leadership standpoint. Instead of trying to find away to have football, it was shutdown before a decision needed to be made. Most of the members of the B1G had no interest in playing a season because it isn't important to them.
BIG has MI, 12 has TX - where would we go?
I wish we could avoid both, but need $s and partners, I don't see an answer

The Nebraska AG threat was a $10,000 fine. I'm sure that scared the BIG.

Frankly I think it was the SEC/ACC/Big12 that deserve the credit. Had they cancelled their seasons, all the noise from Nebraska and Iowa and Ohio State wouldn't have mattered.

Reactions: cidsports
Frankly I think it was the SEC/ACC/Big12 that deserve the credit. Had they cancelled their seasons, all the noise from Nebraska and Iowa and Ohio State wouldn't have mattered.

Do you still think B1G shouldn’t have a season, or have you changed your opinion?

I’d say it’s you guys and I think the rest of the BIG knows it. It’s at least a more organic movement on the part of Nebraska’s fans and alumni base. OSU always seems to do things for selfish reasons but then again I’m a PSU fan. It just feels like OSU will always do anything to protect its perceived football dominance (opinion).

Don’t get me wrong they have a strong academic tradition but it hasn’t superseded the interests of football. PSU has in the last 10 years tended to slant towards academics which would be fine if the decision makers weren’t what they really are—Bolshevist elitists in disguise which sadly seems to be the dominant Northeastern intellectual slant. F...ing theorists.

Nebraska in my eyes is heartland and heartland folks tend to approach things from the heart and based on founding principles. Like the simple thought of having the right to make your own decisions, take your own risks.....in short order, freedom. I can’t wait to move down south.

Lol. Using Desmond Howard logic, then teams like Michigan, who were (at best) as useful as a rubber crutch in getting the season going............ think their team sucks?

Guess there are only 3 teams in the whole BIG that think they'll be worth a damn this season.

Sure you can apply the old, “They only win because they don’t care about academics”, even if the facts don’t reflect that.

That has always been the excuse among college fans who think, “We would win too if we cheated like they did.”. That’s what opposing fan bases said about Nebraska in the 90’s.
PSU isn’t slanting their emphasis to academics, that’s just the growing excuse among the fan base.

With the exception of Ivy League and Military Academy Programs, everyone else emphasizes football. Even Northwestern, or they would have more 5’10” O-linemen who were Valedictorians and 5’8” 4.7 40 receivers with 4.0 GPAs in purple. Guys with less football ability but higher grades and class rank then current team members.

Reactions: dailybuck777
The most important factor here was the fact that HS and colleges all over the US are playing football and for the most part it is going fine.

That said, I’d be surprised if we play even half our schedule. The daily testing will ensure that the infection rate thresholds are overcome almost immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT