ADVERTISEMENT

Finally coaches who know how to do PC after a game

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
It was so refreshing to see 2 coaches speak to the press after a game without venom and hatred. Venables(sp?) and Klieman both gave intelligent and respectful answers to questions. The past 2 of 3 coaches have been deplorable as university representatives. I hope MJ takes notes from these.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Surprised anyone listens to press conferences, nothing interesting ever gets said (unless it's Mike Leach). It's always variations of the same clichés.
I can honestly say I didn't watch any of Frost's press conference. Even when he was introduced as the new HC.

I've seen a couple of MJs....not sure what the OP thinks he needs to learn. And the OP hasn't been back to explain it.

It was so refreshing to see 2 coaches speak to the press after a game without venom and hatred. Venables(sp?) and Klieman both gave intelligent and respectful answers to questions. The past 2 of 3 coaches have been deplorable as university representatives. I hope MJ takes notes from these.
Mickey is a damn good representative for Husker football, no worries there.

At least Mickey doesn't have a wad of shit in his mouth and he is not wearing a ball cap backwards when talking to the press. The moment I saw Frost looking like that I knew this circus was not gonna fly.

I can honestly say I didn't watch any of Frost's press conference. Even when he was introduced as the new HC.

I've seen a couple of MJs....not sure what the OP thinks he needs to learn. And the OP hasn't been back to explain it.
Yeah, very strange comments indeed.

Mickey has said no one is bigger than the university. He said he his staff will recruit like they’ll be here next year. He intends to leave it better than they found it. He’s selling recruits on the University of Nebraska. He took responsibility for the loss to OU, which we all know wasn’t his fault.
Not sure what the deal is here?

Yeah, very strange comments indeed.

Mickey has said no one is bigger than the university. He said he his staff will recruit like they’ll be here next year. He intends to leave it better than they found it. He’s selling recruits on the University of Nebraska. He took responsibility for the loss to OU, which we all know wasn’t his fault.
Not sure what the deal is here?
Some people just need to complain....I guess

Reactions: 10Trvln
Listening to Frost was hearing the same thing for 4+ years, nothing changed. It was an annoyance for him. Seeing him at the B1G preseason was a true embarrassment. Bo was Bo, no need to go further. Smilin Mike wasn't bad.

So far MJ has been good. Hope he finishes that way. The press conferences is your time to sell the program, the players, the university. Don't want to do them, don't accept the job.

Reactions: Frozone
Riely was a gentleman imo.

Reactions: WHCSC
Let me ask, I’ve been saying for the past year that Frost just gave standard, “coach speak” answers to regular, nondifficult questions. The question is why did the media let him get away with it? I 100% get it that you need access to the program to do your job, but that self centered, stupid, non- journalistic move cost this university more than 35 million dollars and almost Insurmountable damage to our national reputation for years. And it wasn’t just one journalist it was all of them for four years! For four years they all said the same thing, “he’s got the program headed in the right direction!”

Not one of those journalist, and more than a few knew about the story behind the scenes, cared to ask about what was actually going on. Yet to maintain their access the said nothing. No one questioned that out of 40 players lost in the transfer portal, only 15 went to a Power5 school. No one questioned the AD about letting the players determine bowl participation during the Covid season. None questioned him about the time and effort recruiting the nine players from Florida who left within 2 years. So all these journalist who like the way Klieman and Venables handled the press really have no opinion. And it appears these same lousy “journalist” are trying to drive the search for the next coach. Again, in order to keep his job Alberts ought to rescind all their football press credentials.

You almost get more about the coaching search here than you do with any of these media jokes. Lastly, why hasn’t someone actually dug into to finding out how much this four year fiasco cost with the effect on the local economy. I would imagine that Frost contract probably cost the school and state close to 50 million. So I think, we could probably afford a contract close to 14 million a year for the next coach.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Let me ask, I’ve been saying for the past year that Frost just gave standard, “coach speak” answers to regular, nondifficult questions. The question is why did the media let him get away with it? I 100% get it that you need access to the program to do your job, but that self centered, stupid, non- journalistic move cost this university more than 35 million dollars and almost Insurmountable damage to our national reputation for years. And it wasn’t just one journalist it was all of them for four years! For four years they all said the same thing, “he’s got the program headed in the right direction!”

Not one of those journalist, and more than a few knew about the story behind the scenes, cared to ask about what was actually going on. Yet to maintain their access the said nothing. No one questioned that out of 40 players lost in the transfer portal, only 15 went to a Power5 school. No one questioned the AD about letting the players determine bowl participation during the Covid season. None questioned him about the time and effort recruiting the nine players from Florida who left within 2 years. So all these journalist who like the way Klieman and Venables handled the press really have no opinion. And it appears these same lousy “journalist” are trying to drive the search for the next coach. Again, in order to keep his job Alberts ought to rescind all their football press credentials.

You almost get more about the coaching search here than you do with any of these media jokes. Lastly, why hasn’t someone actually dug into to finding out how much this four year fiasco cost with the effect on the local economy. I would imagine that Frost contract probably cost the school and state close to 50 million. So I think, we could probably afford a contract close to 14 million a year for the next coach.
I do not understand the remark in red...(click to enlarge post) My original post was it was nice hearing actual comments that were pertinent to the game and had actual bearing on why some plays worked and some didn't. They may have been in a rush to get back to the locker room, but it did not show. They appeared to care about the questions and give non coach speak answers. They had information at their fingertips or knew the actual numbers they were replying to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT