ADVERTISEMENT

final recruits for class

Elijah Blades tweets "Package Deal, Let's get it"... Deommodore Lenoir re-tweets it. That can't be a bad sign for dear old NU. The only 2 schools that they have in common are Oregon and Nebraska. I don't see Blades going to Oregon

Keep your fingers crossed :Cool:

Elijah Blades tweets "Package Deal, Let's get it"... Deommodore Lenoir re-tweets it. That can't be a bad sign for dear old NU. The only 2 schools that they have in common are Oregon and Nebraska. I don't see Blades going to Oregon

wW11Jbe.gif

That would be so awesome!!!!!

I hope they both end up at Nebraska too, but
How exactly do you not see it?

This would be huge.

I have been following(Not following his twitter account, but articles of his) Lewis for a while now and there is nothing that has showed me he is a USC lock.

I know people are going to blast me for how deep I'm digging here, but I think there may be something to it

Now you can think I'm full of it or not I don't really care. Lewis has been tweeting adidas gear ads for quite some time...

USC = Nike
Oregon = Nike

I didn't think much of them at first, but on the 28th Tyjon Lindsey and Joseph Lewis both tweeted this add...

So my question is why now all the adidas add stuff? I think there may be something to it.

I don't have access to this, nor am I expecting anyone to tell me what this article says but...

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Lindsey-expects-signing-day-excitement--50919518

I have been following(Not following his twitter account, but articles of his) Lewis for a while now and there is nothing that has showed me he is a USC lock.

I know people are going to blast me for how deep I'm digging here, but I think there may be something to it

Now you can think I'm full of it or not I don't really care. Lewis has been tweeting adidas gear ads for quite some time...

USC = Nike
Oregon = Nike

I didn't think much of them at first, but on the 28th Tyjon Lindsey and Joseph Lewis both tweeted this add...

So my question is why now all the adidas add stuff? I think there may be something to it.

I don't have access to this, nor am I expecting anyone to tell me what this article says but...

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Lindsey-expects-signing-day-excitement--50919518
I love your optimism and I really hope you're right, but I feel like Lewis will be heading USC. In my opinion we have a better shot at getting Greg Johnson than we do Joseph Lewis.

I of course could be completely wrong.

USC = Nike
Oregon = Nike

I'm OK with that thought process. A guy doesn't post an Adidas ad when he doesn't have to worry about buying his gear anymore. The good news is that it's just a couple days away.

Reactions: brianm1202

USC = Nike
Oregon = Nike

Adidas is cool again. A-list celebs are wearing and tweeting about Adidas. Could be as simple as that.

Anybody know what our class ranking would be in the event we lose Guy Thomas (seems likely), and add Onyemaobi, Daniels, Blades & Lenoir? My gut (and nothing more) tells me this is the most likely scenario for signing day.

I could be wrong about Blades not going to Oregon :( I don't know how or why he would choose Oregon, but this Oregon article thinks they are the reason he de-committed to Florida

http://fishduck.com/2017/01/recruiting-update-big-prospects-on-the-way-as-signing-day-approaches/

Elijah Blades never officially visited Oregon...So, while it's possible that he may commit there, I would find it highly unlikely.
I know, that is why I said "I don't know how or why he would choose Oregon"... If he does choose Oregon I would be shocked!

I think it will be an up and down day. Some people are counting their eggs before they hatch...
IS6OJNX.gif

I just hope it isn't like the AA game where we expect to get one and maybe get 3 and end up with a big fat zero commits that day.

Seems like we will land at least 2 of these players though. Any more than that and I will be ecstatic!

Reactions: Redblood23
I think it will be an up and down day. Some people are counting their eggs before they hatch...
IS6OJNX.gif

I just hope it isn't like the AA game where we expect to get one and maybe get 3 and end up with a big fat zero commits that day.

Seems like we will land at least 2 of these players though. Any more than that and I will be ecstatic!
I think the bigger question may be if we can keep our current commits. I feel better about landing Daniels, Michael O and Blades than I do about keeping Guy Thomas and Calvin.

Anybody know what our class ranking would be in the event we lose Guy Thomas (seems likely), and add Onyemaobi, Daniels, Blades & Lenoir? My gut (and nothing more) tells me this is the most likely scenario for signing day.

Joseph Lewis - 180 points
Deommodore Lenoir - 178 pts
Elijah Blades - 155 pts
Greg Johnson - 152 pts
Guy Thomas - 105 pts
Damion Daniels - 90 pts
Michael Onyemaobi - 90 pts

Nebraska's current team points - 1738 - with 19 recruits. Losing one and gaining 4 puts us at 22.

That would put us over the 20 commits that count toward class points, so a couple other members of our class wouldn't count towards the team rankings, so Bradley (60) and Walker's (45) points would drop off.

So if I did the math correct, that leaves us at 2041 points, which would put us at 9th if it all happened right now. Other teams will add players, so going off the last couple year's rankings, 2041 points would have us finish around 19th or 20th.

Who knows if Tony Wallace sticking with Arizona has anything to do with how are coaches feel about landing a couple DBs Wednesday, but I hope it means the coaches told him thanks but no thanks (although i doubt that happened at all).

Adidas is cool again. A-list celebs are wearing and tweeting about Adidas. Could be as simple as that.

Adidas got some Nike designers a couple months back and they are reaping the benefits. Adidas is being revived with good business decisions and kids and athletes are paying attention.

As to what the tweet means, I have no idea. Some days what I read tells me Lewis might surprise everyone and be N. Other days I think he stays home near the palm trees. Same with Greg Johnson.

As to what the tweet means, I have no idea. Some days what I read tells me Lewis might surprise everyone and be N. Other days I think he stays home near the palm trees. Same with Greg Johnson.

I have always felt we have had no chance at Johnson and/or Lewis.

It would surprise the heck out of me if we got either, but I would sure be excited if we did!

Lindsey tweeted Onyemaobi a couple days ago "I NEED @M_Onyemaobi to join the #calibraska movement... that'll make NSD 10x better with a few others"

"with a few others"

I have heard from a couple of other sources about 3 guys. With Lindsey's tweet Onyemaobi isn't one of the 3...

So let's say nobody wavers and there is 3 guys. Who do you think the 3 guys are?

Tony Wallace is out so that leaves the following

Greg Johnson (USC)
Elijah Blades (Nebraska)
Deommodore Lenoir (Oregon)
Damion Daniels (Nebraska)
Joseph Lewis (Nebraska)
Bryan Thompson (Utah)
CJ Verdell (Oregon)
Jeremiah Hawkins (Arizona)
(Maybe) Noah Elliss (JUCO)
(Maybe) Randle Grimes (USC)

I would say the the strongest odds have to be Daniels and Blades. Who is that 3rd guy

My guess = Joseph Lewis

Who do you think they are?

Verdell supposedly paid his own way to Oregon this past weekend. Cannot imagine him paying for a trip to Eugene just to come to Lincoln. My guess (and its a guess) is that Michael O is the third, with Daniels and Blades.

Verdell supposedly paid his own way to Oregon this past weekend. Cannot imagine him paying for a trip to Eugene just to come to Lincoln. My guess (and its a guess) is that Michael O is the third, with Daniels and Blades.
With Tyjon's tweet it references Onyemaobi being added to the "few" not part of the "few" meaning it is someone other than him

Those three seem the most likely. Do you think we keep Calvin and Thomas? That might be the difference between a very good class and a so, so class.

Those three seem the most likely. Do you think we keep Calvin and Thomas? That might be the difference between a very good class and a so, so class.

I do think that we keep both Calvin and Guy Thomas. I am an optimist until given a conclusive reason to feel otherwise.

Anyone know who the latest two Wiltfong NU crystal balls are? He just put it up on twitter on a VIP link.

Lindsey tweeted Onyemaobi a couple days ago "I NEED @M_Onyemaobi to join the #calibraska movement... that'll make NSD 10x better with a few others"

"with a few others"

I have heard from a couple of other sources about 3 guys. With Lindsey's tweet Onyemaobi isn't one of the 3...

So let's say nobody wavers and there is 3 guys. Who do you think the 3 guys are?

Tony Wallace is out so that leaves the following

Greg Johnson (USC)
Elijah Blades (Nebraska)
Deommodore Lenoir (Oregon)
Damion Daniels (Nebraska)
Joseph Lewis (Nebraska)
Bryan Thompson (Utah)
CJ Verdell (Oregon)
Jeremiah Hawkins (Arizona)
(Maybe) Noah Elliss (JUCO)
(Maybe) Randle Grimes (USC)

I would say the the strongest odds have to be Daniels and Blades. Who is that 3rd guy

My guess = Joseph Lewis

Who do you think they are?

Higher odds for Jonhnson than Lewis. IMO. Johnson might get squeezed out at USC, Lewis won't.

Reactions: HuskerO
Higher odds for Jonhnson than Lewis. IMO. Johnson might get squeezed out at USC, Lewis won't.

Yes, and one curious thing was, while many outlets were giving updates on Lewis/Johnson in pairs, as least as refers to NU, the last one a couple days ago was Johnson only.

Anyone know who the latest two Wiltfong NU crystal balls are? He just put it up on twitter on a VIP link.
I can't read the article, but I went back through all his CB's and the only one's he has out for Nebraska are Blades and Daniels, but neither are new.

Yes, and one curious thing was, while many outlets were giving updates on Lewis/Johnson in pairs, as least as refers to NU, the last one a couple days ago was Johnson only.

Bruntz CB Johnson to USC so their numbers must be working out.

I can't read the article, but I went back through all his CB's and the only one's he has out for Nebraska are Blades and Daniels, but neither are new.

Yah I imagine it won't be anything surprising. Maybe Onyemaobi and keeping Guy Thomas or something. Maybe Thompson.

Probably not a Lewis.

He is just saying that he still feels good about these two and that Nebr is still working CJV hard and we aren't out of play.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT