ADVERTISEMENT

final recruits for class

I say we get Deommodore Lenoir. The kid likes Nebraska and what's going on!

Let's see how many I get right

Final prediction, I am basing this solely on opinion and players relationships with the coaches

I'm going with the home run finish 24 players

Joseph Lewis
Greg Johnson
Kurt Rafdal
Damion Daniels
Elijah Blades
Deommodore Lenoir
CJ Verdell

Ones we do not get that you still are hearing about

Jamire Calvin (He is going to stay close to home)
Bryan Thompson (Utah)
Jerimiah Hawkins (Cal)
Noah Elliss (Utah)
Tony Wallace (Oregon)

Blast me all you want, but other than Verdell in place of Calvin our relationship is strongest with those 7 players

Let's see how many I get right

Final prediction, I am basing this solely on opinion and players relationships with the coaches

I'm going with the home run finish 24 players

Joseph Lewis
Greg Johnson
Kurt Rafdal
Damion Daniels
Elijah Blades
Deommodore Lenoir
CJ Verdell

Ones we do not get that you still are hearing about

Jamire Calvin (He is going to stay close to home)
Bryan Thompson (Utah)
Jerimiah Hawkins (Cal)
Noah Elliss (Utah)
Tony Wallace (Oregon)

Blast me all you want, but other than Verdell in place of Calvin our relationship is strongest with those 7 players
Applause for a good and viable, well reasoned post. Hurrah

I added Lenoir, Calvin, Onyemaobi, Daniels and Rafdal to the class. If I did the math right, that would put us at 1888 points for rivals. There are 11 teams ahead of us that have > 19 recruits and less than 1888, for those of you who have an interest in rankings. Blades and/or Johnson would certainly go a ways to goose our final spot.

Last edited:
Here is why I think all the hype around USC is all junk. Here is a list of recruiting insiders that predict Lewis to USC. Their reasoning takes out everything that Nebraska has going for them.

Comments like "The Calabraska movement is definitely impressive, but Lewis is all USC"? Why exactly?

"USC lost their top two receivers so their is a chance for early playing time"... Didn't the same thing happen at Nebraska except they lost their top 3 Westercamp, Moore and Reilly

My favorite "Nebraska and Oregon don't know who is going to be under center"... I am fairly confident Lewis knows the talents of Gebbia and O'Brien. So if Lee does beat them out I'm sure he is confident that we have a capable passer.

"USC or Lincoln. Yeah, I thought so"... I hope kids base their decision on more than location. I think someone is overly confident and is about to be saddened very soon.

I find it funny no one talks about his relationship with the coaches. I am certain we have USC beat in that catagory, yet no one mentions that. IMO that is one of the biggest factors.

Lastly, Lewis has a ton of relationships here that no one is talking about

https://campusinsiders.com/news/joseph-lewis-commitment-predictions-01-25-2017/

I added Lenoir, Calvin, Onyemaobi, Rafdal, Daniels and Rafdal to the class. If I did the math right, that would put us at 1888 points for rivals. There are 11 teams ahead of us that have > 19 recruits and less than 1888, for those of you who have an interest in rankings. Blades and/or Johnson would certainly go a ways to goose our final spot.

We get Rafdal twice?? Man, we do have some good recruiters!

Here is why I think all the hype around USC is all junk. Here is a list of recruiting insiders that predict Lewis to USC. Their reasoning takes out everything that Nebraska has going for them.

Comments like "The Calabraska movement is definitely impressive, but Lewis is all USC"? Why exactly?

"USC lost their top two receivers so their is a chance for early playing time"... Didn't the same thing happen at Nebraska except they lost their top 3 Westercamp, Moore and Reilly

My favorite "Nebraska and Oregon don't know who is going to be under center"... I am fairly confident Lewis knows the talents of Gebbia and O'Brien. So if Lee does beat them out I'm sure he is confident that we have a capable passer.

"USC or Lincoln. Yeah, I thought so"... I hope kids base their decision on more than location. I think someone is overly confident and is about to be saddened very soon.

I find it funny no one talks about his relationship with the coaches. I am certain we have USC beat in that catagory, yet no one mentions that. IMO that is one of the biggest factors.

I don't think its junk.

To your first point, Lewis is all USC because he's openly said its his dream school, ever since the Pete Carroll era. So he's a fan. NU can/is/should be a good fit for him, but he has no emotional tie to this place.

The "who is going to be under center" thing I think is a valid argument. I'm as high on Lee and POB as anyone, but neither one of them have taken a single snap here under fire. The kid at USC not only is a capable passer but has some notches on his belt and has proven himself in his current offense. So its not like a gulf that would be if we had Crouch at QB and they had Peyton Manning, but USC does have a little edge here that isn't based on some scouting reports and optimism.

""USC lost their top two receivers so their is a chance for early playing time"... Didn't the same thing happen at Nebraska except they lost their top 3 Westercamp, Moore and Reilly"

Yah, and if all other things were equal, he could view this impartially or not. There is room for him to be a Freshman All-American here, but he probably doesn't consider all other factors equal. I'd certainly feel better if USC was more "full up" at the position.

"I find it funny no one talks about his relationship with the coaches."

Its not like USC coach is Rodney Dangerfield. I believe he's being recruited by Tee Martin, who is held every bit in regard as a recruiter (if not moreso) than KW. KW is probably the only thing keeping us in the race, a great credit to him.

The basic down low for USC is that they can offer everything that we can with the added benefit of being his hometown dream school. Lewis' desire to play for KW is what's going to overcome his dream school or not. And it may well be enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluffshusker
Rafdals high school position coach said he "absolutely loved" his Iowa visit. Still plans to visit LSU this weekend.

The "who is going to be under center" thing I think is a valid argument. I'm as high on Lee and POB as anyone, but neither one of them have taken a single snap here under fire. The kid at USC not only is a capable passer but has some notches on his belt and has proven himself in his current offense. So its not like a gulf that would be if we had Crouch at QB and they had Peyton Manning, but USC does have a little edge here that isn't based on some scouting reports and optimism.
You seem to forget one big thing... He has played with POB, so he knows if the kid can play or not.

Joseph Lewis...

"That is big, you know, because I want to go somewhere where I feel comfortable, and I've seen him throwing the ball in the 7-on-7 circuit, and he has been throwing the ball around very well. Besides Gebbia, Nebraska has one of our quarterbacks from b2g, Patrick O'Brien, so that's a big, big factor"

I think he likes our quarterbacks just fine

I hate how definitive they are with their predictions, like Lewis is a USC lock and it was never even close. Typical cocky USC douchebags

"USC lost their top two receivers so their is a chance for early playing time"... Didn't the same thing happen at Nebraska except they lost their top 3 Westercamp, Moore and Reilly"

Yah, and if all other things were equal, he could view this impartially or not. There is room for him to be a Freshman All-American here, but he probably doesn't consider all other factors equal. I'd certainly feel better if USC was more "full up" at the position.
How many Receivers did USC sign last year again? Are they going to have any say in who gets playing time?

(6)

https://usc.rivals.com/commitments/football/2016

One could say the same thing about the 5 or 6 kids we bring in this year.

Lewis does not appear to be afraid of competition.
Exactly... Which is why I call JuJu leaving irrelevant to his decision

Exactly... Which is why I call JuJu leaving irrelevant to his decision

I wouldn't say Lewis is blind. A guy who is an NFL pick this year is a little harder mountain to climb on the depth chart than a bunch of unproven recruits who saw limited garbage time at USC, or recruits who haven't yet signed on the dotted line.

Besides KW, I think the single largest factor that could have went our way was USC retaining as many of their NFL caliber receivers as is possible. Lewis *wants* to be on the three year early NFL plan.

That's a lot harder to do as a frosh that doesn't get as many snaps behind some NFL guys. We could have rolled out that red carpet as a key differentiator in sales pitch.

Not going to LSU for a visit-offer never came
A pretty reliable source talked to his high school position coach this morning and the visit was still on for now. Hopefully your info is more recent as that would be better for Iowa and Nebraska.

A pretty reliable source talked to his high school position coach this morning and the visit was still on for now. Hopefully your info is more recent as that would be better for Iowa and Nebraska.

He doesn't want to go without an offer.

He is USC all the way.
I am going to Listen to Lewis's coach and ignore statements like this.

James said to ignore recruiting scuttlebutt that Lewis is a USC lock. He isn’t, James said. Lewis and Keith Williams talk “all the time.”

“It’s a lot closer than people think,” James said. “It’s going to go down to the wire.”

I am going to Listen to Lewis's coach and ignore statements like this.

James said to ignore recruiting scuttlebutt that Lewis is a USC lock. He isn’t, James said. Lewis and Keith Williams talk “all the time.”

“It’s a lot closer than people think,” James said. “It’s going to go down to the wire.”
If you're going to ignore it then don't reply to me. Lol

Nick Robinson™@teamnick__
Follow
More
I am 100% committed to the university of Memphis
1f535.png
1f405.png

C3HYxm2WYAAtOel.jpg

C3HYxm0W8AA59P4.jpg

C3HYxmzXEAA-2oI.jpg

10:01 AM - 26 Jan 2017 from Oklahoma City, OK
C3HYxm2XEAADYUy.jpg

1. Cade Mashburn@cmash_ 1h1 hour ago
    More
    @kennydillingham beat me.
    C3JMA9lUMAAyJcA.jpg

7 replies4 retweets24 likes

Retweet

2. Nick Robinson™@teamnick__
    21m21 minutes ago
    More
    @cmash_ @KennyDillingham That can't be real
    1 reply1 retweet2 likes

Retweet

3. Cade Mashburn@cmash_
    20m20 minutes ago
    More
    @teamnick__ @KennyDillingham he beat you too!!
    1 reply1 retweet2 likes

Retweet

Nick Robinson™@teamnick__

Follow
More
@cmash_ @KennyDillingham Online and it kept lagging
7:19 PM - 26 Jan 2017 from Bethany, OK

PLAYING VIDEO GAMES WITH KIDS DOWN THERE IN MEMPHIS.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

USC has room for 5 more according to their message board

We have 3 players in common

Blades
Lewis
Johnson

The ones I know of that USC is still in on on top of those 3 are (They may have more I don't know about)

Josh Falo
Austin Jackson
Jay Tufele
Aubrey Solomon
Levi Jones

We have room for 5 more as well on top of those 3 (It was stated that we could take up to 24)

Deommodore Lenoir
Michael Onyemaobi
Jamire Calvin
Bryan Thompson
Damion Daniels
Tony Wallace
Kurt Rafdal
Jerimiah Hawkins
(Maybe) Noah Elliss

Let's hope USC signs all those 5 listed Winking

ADVERTISEMENT