ADVERTISEMENT

final head coach post (for me)

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
mickey as HC/oc with whipple (till he retires)....pay mickey the average big 10 coach wage (with incentives like big 12 west, big 12 champ game win/playoff win)
then throw money at houstons dc.....(but offer wisconsons dc also)
bill can coach special teams and help else where...

urban ain't coming, gruden is too good of a idea to hire, bama's oc is bama's problem, rhule has 64 million reasons to wait for penn state, ku's coach is wisconson bound, cambell can't make a offense, lane, stoops, etc are not leaving, pass happy lincoln office won't hire monken,.....I think thats covers it...

then we just need to focus on oline, dline, lb, and strengh coaches...

mickey as HC/oc with whipple (till he retires)....pay mickey the average big 10 coach wage (with incentives like big 12 west, big 12 champ game win/playoff win)

urban ain't coming, gruden is too good of a idea to hire, bama's oc is bama's problem, rhule has 64 million reasons to wait for penn state, ku's coach is wisconson bound, cambell can't make a offense, lane, stoops, etc are not leaving, pass happy lincoln office won't hire monken,.....I think thats covers it...

For the sake of all that is holy ... Capital letters, periods and paragraphs. You know, all that stuff you should have mastered by age 10

BOB is a “problem”? 7th in total yards. 5th in total points scored. I guess by Alabama standards that’s not great. Should have scored 53 points on Saturday instead of 49. Sheesh.

Mickey gives us the best shot at winning next year. We have a pretty young team and Mickeys a player coach who already has the players respect. I have a feeling if we go with a Leipold your looking at 2 or more likely 3 years to start winning. The program cant afford a total rebuild, it needs someone to make chicken salad in the process

I have a feeling if Mickeys not the coach we will see mass transfers. And some of you may think “good” but I actually think we have talent. We just need help on the lines.

Be interesting to see if Mickey would bring in James Cregg for O-line coach. He did a pretty good job @ LSU. Think he did something shady and that caused the quick departure. But enough time has passed I think now for a reset

and if ain’t Mickey- Palmer will be gone. Chances are Trey is going to declare regardless but if we have any shot at keeping Trey it’s with MJ as HC

I love how people keep saying we can't afford a rebuild. We've been affording a complete rebuild constantly for 2 decades.

Just say you don't want a complete rebuild, most coaches we'd be looking externally for don't run the Frost offense so its probably in the pipe.

I love how people keep saying we can't afford a rebuild. We've been affording a complete rebuild constantly for 2 decades.

Just say you don't want a complete rebuild, most coaches we'd be looking externally for don't run the Frost offense so its probably in the pipe.
I’m just going to be brutally honest here and I don’t mean to offend anyone by this but our fan base is getting old. They younger kids coming up don’t care as much and why would they? Just look at how in state recruiting has been. We lose the fan base we lose everything. This has got to happen sooner and not later.

My dad is 68 and he told me the other night how sad he was because he’d probably never see another Husker team that’s top notch and he’s probably right. The generation that grew up watching Bobs titles is getting old. The generation that watched the 90s is Middle aged. History is important and the younger ones don’t have much of one with Nebraska

I’m just going to be brutally honest here and I don’t mean to offend anyone by this but our fan base is getting old. They younger kids coming up don’t care as much and why would they? Just look at how in state recruiting has been. We lose the fan base we lose everything. This has got to happen sooner and not later.

My dad is 68 and he told me the other night how sad he was because he’d probably never see another Husker team that’s top notch and he’s probably right. The generation that grew up watching Bobs titles is getting old. The generation that watched the 90s is Middle aged. History is important and the younger ones don’t have much of one with Nebraska
Exactly, I guarantee this down period is doing a lot more damage than we think. As the old geezers die off, there's going to be fewer and fewer in the younger generations replacing them.

my dad grew up watching Nebraska get hammered in the 50's...so sometimes he has a attitude problem about America's team..he played againt dr tom when he was at wayne state

Those of us who remember well the Championship teams of the early 70's and everything up through the 90's have been saying this for a long time. I graduated in 72, the same age as your father.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Yeah, I am 48-years old and my sons (21 and 19) don't really care at all about Nebraska football. I have watched every game since they were born...and while my sons would often start watching with me, they would get on their phones 5 minutes into it...and eventually get up and leave the room. Oh, they'll ask how Nebraska did, but they don't really care at all. When Nebraska played Miami in the 2002 Rose Bowl (2001 BCS National Championship Game), my son was in the hospital (pneumonia) and I watched the game in his hospital room. That was the last game that Nebraska played that truly meant something, even though they got into the BCS Championship Game without playing in the Big 12 Conference Championship.

Reactions: moralvictories
Ah, man - just when Gruden was about to cave in and accept the job.

Gruden? Where is that coming from? That is just plain crazy to even consider Gruden. The Raiders were a mess under him. Has he ever coached at the college level? I just do not see him as the Husker head coach. I suppose if Trev wants to pay him $10 million he might consider it, but I think it would be a disaster. press conferences would be entertaining.

Gruden? Where is that coming from? That is just plain crazy to even consider Gruden. The Raiders were a mess under him. Has he ever coached at the college level? I just do not see him as the Husker head coach. I suppose if Trev wants to pay him $10 million he might consider it, but I think it would be a disaster. press conferences would be entertaining.
he is clearly either a child parroting his father's drunken ramblings or he is the drunken father himself.

he is clearly either a child parroting his father's drunken ramblings or he is the drunken father himself.
keep the troll min, hence fourth
and what part of grudens superbowl ring confuses you about his coaching ability?
I ask this with rhule and urban put forth as possible coaches

Last thing this program needs is Gruden driving it further into the ground. "His" lone Super Bowl ring can be attributed to another coaches labor in assembling those players. Chuckie just happened to be fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time, much like Frost was at UCF. Otherwise everything that Gruden gets involved with devolves into a hot mess before he either leaves on his own or gets dismissed by the organisation.

Reactions: Wasker77
keep the troll min, hence fourth
and what part of grudens superbowl ring confuses you about his coaching ability?
I ask this with rhule and urban put forth as possible coaches
> doesn't even know who he's responding to

definitely drunk

since you asked, I actually quite liked Gruden. and his lone Super Bowl appearance from 20 years ago was a lot of fun. I'd say the fact he hasn't experienced a winning season since 2008 is quite an indictment on the game passing him by.

not to mention, the notion is almost as ridiculous as you spamming the OU message boards with "hey.... was wondering if u guys were ..... gonna hire mike gundy ... seems to .... make sense, etc, etc."

Talk about making Nebraska fans look like clueless idiots.

• Love
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
ok so gruden just accidently won a superbowl (oops) and gundy is 100% certain espn has a real real good contract coming for oklahoma state. and oklahoma were world beaters against ksu, tcu and ut...they are sec ready

Wow drink much?

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes

How many coaching posts have you made since this final post?

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC

I do not have the energy to read this s***.

this was a old post oct 17th, like almost a month and a half ago..I did'nt know trev would take so long...

I figured he had his ducks lined up last winter.

or mickey/whipple would lose so many games

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT