5) Bama
6) Tennessee
7) Penn St
8) Washington
9) Tulane
10) Utah
11) Florida St
12) USC

11 of the Top 12 played in the New Years6 Bowl games..

Zero big ten west teams in the final top 25

We only play one team next season that finished the season in the top 25 .. quite possibly the softest schedule Nebraska has ever had in the modern era

Massive failure next season if there isn’t a bowl game

Illinois had their opportunity being ranked in the top 25 but couldn’t hold off Mississippi St who finished #20..

How does a school like Tulane build a top ten team and we can't even muster a winning season in the past six years? In a single word: coaching. The rise of teams like TCU (despite their beat down) and Tulane argues against the common trope that NU cannot compete at an elite level anymore. Poppycock. I have a good feeling about this Rhule hire. As Max Duggan shows at TCU all it takes is solid coaching and a difference maker at QB surrounded by enough talent to allow him to do his thing.

How does a school like Tulane build a top ten team and we can't even muster a winning season in the past six years? In a single word: coaching. The rise of teams like TCU (despite their beat down) and Tulane argues against the common trope that NU cannot compete at an elite level anymore. Poppycock. I have a good feeling about this Rhule hire. As Max Duggan shows at TCU all it takes is solid coaching and a difference maker at QB surrounded by enough talent to allow him to do his thing.
No way is Tulane sniffing top 25 with a B1G schedule.

We only play one team next season that finished the season in the top 25 .. quite possibly the softest schedule Nebraska has ever had in the modern era

Exactly and the only good team we play next year, might lose their coach this off-season.

Pennsy, What’s even more remarkable is they were 2-10 last season.

From 2014-2017 Green Wave had 4 consecutive losing seasons, 2018 and 19 went 7-6 and Covid 2020 season 6-6..

I know the weird Iowa fans and that one Purdue fan will be here shortly to tell us how good the West really is but man, what a crap division that NU should be winning with ease. I guess it doesn't matter since it will be gone in a year but the years when NU doesn't play OSU, should be years when we basically can assume to be favored in every game.

Totally agree. However, if you look at it objectively every crappy team we play will see Nebraska on the schedule and say “there’s a winnable game.” It’s time for things to change around here.

No Iowa?
Iowa is 25 in one way too early poll for next season. They will be making yet another CFP run next season.
Your sarcasm is noted, but in the West, schedule has been a major determinant in crowning a West champ over the last several years. Iowa avoided Michigan and OSU in 2021 and won the division. Purdue had the same road this year. Guess who misses both OSU and Michigan next year, and has home games against all the 8-4 West teams from last year? Yep, the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
Totally agree. However, if you look at it objectively every crappy team we play will see Nebraska on the schedule and say “there’s a winnable game.” It’s time for things to change around here.
the nonconf schedule consists of

N illinois - 3-9
La Tech - 3-9
Colorado - 1-11

those should be 3 guaranteed wins - that only leaves going 3-6 in the BIG to get to 6 wins

Rhule should have his entire 2024 salary donated to NIL if we don't get to 6 wins

the nonconf schedule consists of

N illinois - 3-9
La Tech - 3-9
Colorado - 1-11

those should be 3 guaranteed wins - that only leaves going 3-6 in the BIG to get to 6 wins

Rhule should have his entire 2024 salary donated to NIL if we don't get to 6 wins
I don’t know about you, but I’m planning on winning more than 6 games..
This isn’t SF 2022 were talking here, sounds like you’re trying to convince us in another losing season..

I don’t know about you, but I’m planning on winning more than 6 games..
This isn’t SF 2022 were talking here, sounds like you’re trying to convince us in another losing season..

Nope - bare minimum is 6 wins - should probably get to 8

And, you, as a prominent card-carrying member of the Frostzi Party, who spent 3+ years making excuse after excuse after excuse for Frost should probably refrain from accusing others of lowering the bar

Last edited:
So three SEC and three B1G in the top 7 teams. Interesting. The difference is the depth of teams 4-8 in the conference.

GA was wow the last two years.

So three SEC and three B1G in the top 7 teams. Interesting. The difference is the depth of teams 4-8 in the conference.

GA was wow the last two years.
3 other teams in the SEC were also in the top 25.
#16 LSU
#20 Miss State
#23 South Carolina where Satterfield was the O/C..

Reactions: baseball31ne
Top 12
1) Georgia
2) TCU
3) Michigan
4) Ohio St
5) Bama
6) Tennessee
7) Penn St
8) Washington
9) Tulane
10) Utah
11) Florida St
12) USC

11 of the Top 12 played in the New Years6 Bowl games..
😂 TCU does NOT belong in the top 5. They were allowed in the CFP despite losing conference title game and Georgia showed why TCU, or any other Big 12 school, didn’t belong there. The Georgia/OSU game was the title game. Last night was a complete joke. It was a repeat of Notre Dame that didn’t belong on the field with Alabama.

I had my doubts about TCU when they lost to Kstate. I know it's not popular but I think too many people put a premium on record only. I would have had Tennessee in the 4 team playoff ahead of TCU, no offense to TCU but they were fools gold and it showed yesterday. It was very embarrassing for the BIG12 and the college football selection committee and changes need to be made so we don't see another debacle like this again. jmo

I had my doubts about TCU when they lost to Kstate. I know it's not popular but I think too many people put a premium on record only. I would have had Tennessee in the 4 team playoff ahead of TCU, no offense to TCU but they were fools gold and it showed yesterday. It was very embarrassing for the BIG12 and the college football selection committee and changes need to be made so we don't see another debacle like this again. jmo
Perhaps more premium on overall SOS and number of wins over ranked opponents.

Reactions: Husker69 and konaki
Perhaps more premium on overall SOS and number of wins over ranked opponents.
When I heard that a room full of old men said they knew they had the four picked out correctly I nearly spit out my coffee. Thank God there will be more teams added to the playoff in a few years because some very deserving schools got left out of the equation. I would not have had a problem if the playoff included 8 to 12 teams and TCU was one of those teams but putting them at number 3 was ridiculous and we all knew it. Many will say "but TCU beat Michigan" but I say if those teams played 5 times how may times would TCU win? maybe 1 time like they did. Time to get the playoff set up corrected and the sooner the better.

I would move Ohio State to 2, TCU to 3 or 4.
I actually thought Ohio State was better than UGA.

Still trying to figure out how they picked up the flags for targeting on Marvin Harrison Jr.
they don’t pick up that flag Ohio State might win by 2 scores.

Blame Michigan for everything. It’s all there fault. Their win vs tOSU screwed up the seeding. Should have been UGA vs tOSU in the title game. Also them shitting the bed against TCU gave us the worst title game in any sport in half a century

I actually thought Ohio State was better than UGA.

Still trying to figure out how they picked up the flags for targeting on Marvin Harrison Jr.
they don’t pick up that flag Ohio State might win by 2 scores.

Blame Michigan for everything. It’s all there fault. Their win vs tOSU screwed up the seeding. Should have been UGA vs tOSU in the title game. Also them shitting the bed against TCU gave us the worst title game in any sport in half a century
this is a great example of the mental gymnastics required to convince oneself of the B1G's ability to compete on a national level

absolutely laugh out loud hilarious!

Reactions: dpnavy
Yes, I agree, Ohio St #2! 1 field goal from the Championship game! Worked Georgia over! Georiga #1 TCU, cover somebody! All wide open all nite! Michigan you had your chance! TCU didn't win Big 12! You had your chance!

We only play one of the big three from the east again. USC and UCLA come calling in 2024.

When I heard that a room full of old men said they knew they had the four picked out correctly I nearly spit out my coffee. Thank God there will be more teams added to the playoff in a few years because some very deserving schools got left out of the equation. I would not have had a problem if the playoff included 8 to 12 teams and TCU was one of those teams but putting them at number 3 was ridiculous and we all knew it. Many will say "but TCU beat Michigan" but I say if those teams played 5 times how may times would TCU win? maybe 1 time like they did. Time to get the playoff set up corrected and the sooner the better.
Tennessee and Alabama were two deserving teams that got left out.

Reactions: konaki
We only play one of the big three from the east again. USC and UCLA come calling in 2024.
SC and UCLA are going to have to play tougher opponents than they ever did in the Pac. I doubt we play both teams each year but I love the fact I will be able to watch Nebraska play on the West Coast once they start play in the BIG. As an Orange County resident it's not too far to go to Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (not a great neighborhood) and the Rose Bowl is a way better venue to attend.

Your sarcasm is noted, but in the West, schedule has been a major determinant in crowning a West champ over the last several years. Iowa avoided Michigan and OSU in 2021 and won the division. Purdue had the same road this year. Guess who misses both OSU and Michigan next year, and has home games against all the 8-4 West teams from last year? Yep, the Hawkeyes.
Just checked their schedule... unfortunately they do look to have an easy time this coming year. We could conceivably be Iowa's 2nd or 3rd toughest test this coming year.

It's probably safe to assume playing the Nits in Happy Valley will be their biggest hurdle. PSU looks to be pretty loaded - there might be three Top 5-7 quality teams in the East again this year.

Not sure what Wiscy looks like but could be a tough game. But overall yeah it's looking pretty favorable for the Hawks. I guess we'll just have to take care of them ourselves in game 12 and go to the B1G Title game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4
Two bad said difference maker qbs keep going elsewhere (Burrow, Duggan, Flores…Raiola?).

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Usually if you make the championship game they don’t drop you, not that I agree with that..

How can you have Ohio St #2 when they were beaten soundly by Michigan regardless choking the Georgia game..

Tennessee deserves to be rated higher than Bama, but the top 6 look legit..

Reactions: moralvictories
Usually if you make the championship game they don’t drop you, not that I agree with that..

How can you have Ohio St #2 when they were beaten soundly by Michigan regardless choking the Georgia game..

Tennessee deserves to be rated higher than Bama, but the top 6 look legit..
They had no problem dropping us to #8 after losing to Miami. **** the AP.

More of a point to how weak our schedule was and how bad our team was this past year. Teams can improve in a hurry as we've seen.

I don't expect a brutally tough schedule in 23 but the final rankings this year has nothing to do with it's strength. Just really tells us how much we sucked in 22 but we already know that.

ADVERTISEMENT