ADVERTISEMENT

Fiesta Bowl

Skill or luck on that kick? Special teams aren't important?

Hall with 22 first-half carries, two TDs. Oh to have a real live running game again.

Campbell would be a coach we need to consider if SF doesn’t produce in the next year or two..

Reactions: headcard
Campbell would be a coach we need to consider if SF doesn’t produce in the next year or two..
LoL Campbell to Nebraska? Talk about a lateral move! ISU is trending better than you right now. He would definitely leave Ames where 8-4 or 9-3 gets you keys to the city and fired in LNK?? Try again . Oh and chances are he’s gonna be snapped up by another program by the time Nebraska shows Flop the door.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
LoL Campbell to Nebraska? Talk about a lateral move! ISU is trending better than you right now. He would definitely leave Ames where 8-4 or 9-3 gets you keys to the city and fired in LNK?? Try again . Oh and chances are he’s gonna be snapped up by another program by the time Nebraska shows Flop the door.

Just stop.

Go away

Whatever you say, dick.

I don’t think an established coach would come to Nebraska at the moment. If Frost doesn’t turn it around (and all signs point to that he will not) the Huskers should go after a talented young coach, similar to what Iowa State did.
And give him a few years to rebuild true culture, not rah rah BS living off stories of the past.

Reactions: zoiker and the24fan
It's funny as hell when dorks like you come around telling everyone about how Iowa State is trending. This is as good as you'll EVER see, so enjoy it while it lasts. Laughing
Not an ISU fan by any stretch , however any college FB fan who’s paying attention to what Matt Campbell is doing in Ames will tell you they’re trending higher than Nebraska.

Somebody else would likely offer more than NU would. It's interesting that Texas didn't make a run at him instead of a guy with Sark's demons. NU pays Frost 5 million. Somebody could likely offer Campbell 8 or more. Campbell should stay at ISU. He'll be a deity forever for only having 3 losses.

Not an ISU fan by any stretch , however any college FB fan who’s paying attention to what Matt Campbell is doing in Ames will tell you they’re trending higher than Nebraska.
And more than likely he'll leave and ISU will start to trend downward. And don't assume that Campbell will be a huge boost to the next program he goes to, we've seen many coaches over the years have success at one school, only to find the waters a lot rougher to navigate when they get to their new gig, just as Herman at Texas found out.

I don’t think an established coach would come to Nebraska at the moment. If Frost doesn’t turn it around (and all signs point to that he will not) the Huskers should go after a talented young coach, similar to what Iowa State did.
And give him a few years to rebuild true culture, not rah rah BS living off stories of the past.
Problem is Nebraska doesn’t have that kind of patience .I mean they are already wanting to run SF outta town after declaring him the Messiah just a couple years ago. Just keep hiring and firing coaches every few years and hope they catch lightning in a bottle. Texas now is flirting with the exact same thing. Fire Herman after an 8-3 season? LOL. Landscape in CFB has changed and players no longer need past blue bloods to get national exposure and a chance to get to the next level. What they DO want is coaches who can develop them to get to that next level.

And more than likely he'll leave and ISU will start to trend downward. And don't assume that Campbell will be a huge boost to the next program he goes to, we've seen many coaches over the years have success at one school, only to find the waters a lot rougher to navigate when they get to their new gig, just as Herman at Texas found out.
Most national pundits have said they think MC has a very promising future . If he gets to a school that consistently pulls in recruits he could be scary good. He has NFL potential if he wants to go that direction ...

I’ll tell you one thing Campbell would take the Nebraska job 10 time’s over before he would take the ioway job..

Now that would be a lateral move for the employment of the state of Ioway..

I wish it were true but no way Campbell comes here. We probably lost our opportunity when we hired Frost. I’d say he’ll go to a recruiting fertile land then the nfl.

Some mentioned his name at the time of SF hiring,but everyone one of us wanted our native son after leading UCF to a unbeaten season...

You keep telling yourself Matt Campbell wants to come to LNK there chief... not gonna happen
You have no idea of whether it will happen. It just makes you feel good to come on here and say that it's not going to happen. I don't know what kind of psychological disorder causes that kind of behavior, but I have no doubt that it's not normal.

Reactions: scarletred
If wearing black is meant to drive their rivals in iowa city nuts then they achieved their goal. Never saw a bunch of lunatics cry about another school wearing black like those cryhawks, 🤣.

Reactions: 406Nebraska515
Campbell going to Nebraska would not be a lateral move at all. It would be like jumping off a cliff! He can make the money anywhere, so why would he go to such an abortion? The players have little pride, the fans bash the coaching staff weekly, they play horribly, and they have mustache contests instead of getting down to football. When Frost ultimately fails, I also have no doubt that the pocketbook will open and Nebraska will bring in one of the best coaches in the nation (whenever that is). It would be great for the school and the conference to get out of the cellar.

He wasn't interested in interviewing with us 3 years ago. Not sure anything has changed now.

Getting paid what were paying SF don’t tell me he wouldn’t have been interested and LISTENING to what we had to offer..

He wasn't interested in interviewing with us 3 years ago. Not sure anything has changed now.
I was at an ISU OK State game they Riley was fired. A group of 20+ Nebraska fans were there. They were watching Campbell because they had heard he was going to be the next Husker coach. None of them wanted Campbell. Said his d wouldn't cut it and he really hadn't coached on a big enough stage. Everyone of them wanted Frost. Campbell admired Bill Snyder because he built a program and stayed to maintain it.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT