ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone

I’m not sure Iowa has any scholarships left however if he was OK sitting one or two years he could be the star and then onto the NFL! He has to have second thoughts as do any other recruits seeing everybody call for the coach to be fired. Unfortunately it’s becoming a pattern no matter which coach you fire the next one seems to always lose with some of the highest rating recruiting classes in the Big Ten. It’s going to be hard to keep tricking these kids into thinking Nebraska‘s going to turn the corner.

would be a fool to gamble any aspirations of an NFL career by signing with a team with no clue what they are doing on offense and no QB

Reactions: Wasker77
I’m not sure Iowa has any scholarships left however if he was OK sitting one or two years he could be the star and then onto the NFL! He hast to have second thoughts as to any other recruits seeing everybody call for the coach to be fired

Iowa didn’t even make his top 3. He’s not even thinking that as an option, but you know his phone is about to blow up after that tweet from other schools again.

I’m not sure Iowa has any scholarships left however if he was OK sitting one or two years he could be the star and then onto the NFL! He hast to have second thoughts as to any other recruits seeing everybody call for the coach to be fired

you’re full of crap if you don’t think Iowa would make room for Fidone. You’re not OSU...

Immediate starting job day one. Number one option in the passing game that we don't have now. Wandale's too small to be that.
In terms of playing time and getting the ball thrown to him, NU is a good option. But that would be about it, right?

In terms of playing time and getting the ball thrown to him, NU is a good option. But that would be about it, right?
Frost has shown he can do the job elsewhere. He'll fix this but obviously it's taking more time than anyone wants. I said it after last season. AM's senior year when that first full good recruiting class is JUNIORs is the year where we need to judge frost. Illinois's starting QB was either a high 4 star I think or 5 star QB when he originally signed with Michigan. He looked like it today. Ours looked like a redshirt freshman who only played QB full time one year in high school.

Our soph starting center finally gets pulled either because of his bum foot OR because he couldn't snap the ball. Top 2 RBs were out with injuries. Marvin Scott does not have a handle on the playbook. Wandale is too small to play back there all the time. That opening drive and falling behind really screwed with our QB's mind IMO. We should have gone to AM way earlier IMO. I might have pulled the trigger early in the 2nd quarter.

Frost has shown he can do the job elsewhere. He'll fix this but obviously it's taking more time than anyone wants. I said it after last season. AM's senior year when that first full good recruiting class is JUNIORs is the year where we need to judge frost. Illinois's starting QB was either a high 4 star I think or 5 star QB when he originally signed with Michigan. He looked like it today. Ours looked like a redshirt freshman who only played QB full time one year in high school.

Our soph starting center finally gets pulled either because of his bum foot OR because he couldn't snap the ball. Top 2 RBs were out with injuries. Marvin Scott does not have a handle on the playbook. Wandale is too small to play back there all the time. That opening drive and falling behind really screwed with our QB's mind IMO. We should have gone to AM way earlier IMO. I might have pulled the trigger early in the 2nd quarter.
But that’s the thing, anytime we go off script we are f’d. The players don’t know how to react to adversity and neither does Frost and Chins.

neb is not a good option for catching passes. go look at the stats. one of the worst programs in the country for receivers. the NeB QBs average almost 20 rushes per game and terrible completion percentage. neither is a good indicator of an offense that would be good for a receiver. can u find a neb receiver in the top 50 in the B10 in receptions?

Reactions: pmtdc and RothMatt
But that’s the thing, anytime we go off script we are f’d. The players don’t know how to react to adversity and neither does Frost and Chins.
That's largely because we have no passing game unless it comes from an RPO. It gets pretty easy to defend if you don't have to worry about the deep passing game.

Last edited:
maybe they will move Fidone to OLB or beef him up to play the offensive line

that's what they did with Jurgens - recruited him as a 4* TE/athlete and then pulled the old switcheroo and stuck his ass at center once he arrived on campus

Probably the #1 homer post of the year. Laughable.

Probably the #1 homer post of the year. Laughable.
It's not a homer post if every word of it is true. And it is. I'm not happy about this. I am doubting Frost's ability to turn this around without getting rid of Chinander. I didn't expect to be great this year but I didn't see this one coming. Northwestern and OSU should not have surprised anybody. I think next year is the year we make a judgement on whether or not Frost is going to be the long term solution.

I'm depressed and unhappy like every other Husker fan but I remain logical and reasoned.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75

Frost is a fish out of water. He isn’t fixing shit. That guy is going down in flames

neb is not a good option for catching passes. go look at the stats. one of the worst programs in the country for receivers. the NeB QBs average almost 20 rushes per game and terrible completion percentage. neither is a good indicator of an offense that would be good for a receiver. can u find a neb receiver in the top 50 in the B10 in receptions?
Yeah, probably a tight end which is the point I was hinting at. A 6'3" WR could be wide open down the field deep (at least twice) and our QB (with no pass rush) instead is scanning the sideline or looking short to the tight end who is surrounded by three defenders. Now the tight end damn near got killed on those plays but at least they got targeted.

It's not a homer post if every word of it is true. And it is. I'm not happy about this. I am doubting Frost's ability to turn this around without getting rid of Chinander. I didn't expect to be great this year but I didn't see this one coming. Northwestern and OSU should not have surprised anybody. I think next year is the year we make a judgement on whether or not Frost is going to be the long term solution.

I'm depressed and unhappy like every other Husker fan but I remain logical and reasoned.
Chinander? The defense folded like a lawn chair today but they've been the only redeeming aspect of the team prior to today. This offense sucks about as bad as anything I've ever seen. You didn't watch the same game I did. We're steadily getting worse as the years go by, and that's saying something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT