ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone Injured?

Just like they schemed Betts and multiple other highly touted freshman in to the offense last year? Laughable.

This really sucks for his development but it’s doubtful he would have seen the field much this year.
agreed. not a huge loss. he will be ready to go next year when they might actually need him

Agreed. I'm pretty sure the best high-school tight end in the nation would be sitting on the bench. The tight end play hasn't been stellar for a while. Now that Allen is a future NFL player according to Beckton and has apparently became a superstar overnight, I'm sure we will be fine. No problem. Allen is a good player, but NFL? Come on, man. Losing Fidone is huge.
not its not. Frost spreads the ball. Allen would have more time anyway. The WRs are there. Fidone would have 10 or less catches on the season.

why..... also saying knee injury, not specifically acl. ofc i know we are tight lipped with injuries. i assume acl means a full lost year at this point.

Sounds like we might have the potential to be back for the last 4 games of the season If rehabilitation goes fine..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Sounds like we might have the potential to be back for the last 4 games of the season If rehabilitation goes fine..
Even though knee injuries aren't nearly as career ending as they used to be, I'd personally rather them just wait than to rush him back. We have incredible resources at unl, just get him back to 100% first

Even though knee injuries aren't nearly as career ending as they used to be, I'd personally rather them just wait than to rush him back. We have incredible resources at unl, just get him back to 100% first

I’m sure they’ll use their better judgement if they don’t feel he isn’t ready to play near the end of the season..

Chances are we'll need a third tight end to step up and play at least a few downs per game. Who would that be?Tight end depth for now, sans Fidone:
Scholarship Juniors
  • Austin Allen
  • Travis Vokolek
Scholarship Freshmen
  • A. J. Rollins
  • James Carnie
Walk-on Freshmen
  • John Goodwin, RS Fr.
  • Evan Meyersick
  • Nate Boerkircher
Former TE
  • Chris Hickman (listed at 6-6, 215)

Chances are we'll need a third tight end to step up and play at least a few downs per game. Who would that be?Tight end depth for now, sans Fidone:
Scholarship Juniors
  • Austin Allen
  • Travis Vokolek
Scholarship Freshmen
  • A. J. Rollins
  • James Carnie
Walk-on Freshmen
  • John Goodwin, RS Fr.
  • Evan Meyersick
  • Nate Boerkircher
Former TE
  • Chris Hickman (listed at 6-6, 215)
Sharpe was talking this could be a excellent opportunity for Hickman to step in and get some quality playing time..

Reactions: v1nufan and 9and4
Sharpe was talking this could be a excellent opportunity for Hickman to step in and get some quality playing time..
Yes I think I read somewhere to in conjunction with the Fidone news that hickman was moving back to TE

Super optimistically he could play some late this season if his rehab is very smooth. So whether he appears in 4 games and redshirts or can't appear in 4 games and redshirts we shall see. But he's headed for a redshirt IMO.

Pretty huge setback in terms of his ability to lift and condition on a repaired knee. TE is not exactly a position where you can just go be a little skinny fast guy and be super effective when you first get back. Kid is obviously in phenomenal shape but looked a little light for a B1G TE already, it would surprise me if he's able to contribute much this year.

But holy shit we know he won't skip arm day while he's out. Kid clearly NEVER skips arm day.

What I hate the most is the kid skipped his last semester of HS to be here and then popped a ligament in a non-contact drill. That's just psychologically brutal, you gotta feel like you're getting the worst of all worlds for something like that to happen to you. That's a lot of adversity and being out of your comfort zone.

Super optimistically he could play some late this season if his rehab is very smooth. So whether he appears in 4 games and redshirts or can't appear in 4 games and redshirts we shall see. But he's headed for a redshirt IMO.

Pretty huge setback in terms of his ability to lift and condition on a repaired knee. TE is not exactly a position where you can just go be a little skinny fast guy and be super effective when you first get back. Kid is obviously in phenomenal shape but looked a little light for a B1G TE already, it would surprise me if he's able to contribute much this year.

But holy shit we know he won't skip arm day while he's out. Kid clearly NEVER skips arm day.

What I hate the most is the kid skipped his last semester of HS to be here and then popped a ligament in a non-contact drill. That's just psychologically brutal, you gotta feel like you're getting the worst of all worlds for something like that to happen to you. That's a lot of adversity and being out of your comfort zone.
it's your opinion that a guy who tore his ACL in April is headed for a redshirt?

bold!

And he was coming off his best week of practice. Haven’t the coaches gotten rid of this line yet??

ADVERTISEMENT