ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone Injured?

There’s a thread on Reddit about Fidone tearing an ACL today - people are saying it’s true.

I really hope this is total BS.
Good Lord. To me, this program seems cursed. Why is it that kids at NU hardly ever seem to benefit from enrolling early?

If someone had the time to come up with a list of kids, I think it would be interesting how few of them actually played their first year even with the team being mediocre.

There’s a thread on Reddit about Fidone tearing an ACL today - people are saying it’s true.

I really hope this is total BS.
We'll hopefully he can come back next year while watching and learning as much as he possibly can this year. Glad we also have Carnie, just waiting for his shoulder to heal up real soon.

How do you know that he would have redshirted this up coming season?

He’d been a play maker that Frost and Lubick would scheme into the offense.....

Just like they schemed Betts and multiple other highly touted freshman in to the offense last year? Laughable.

This really sucks for his development but it’s doubtful he would have seen the field much this year.

Just like they schemed Betts and multiple other highly touted freshman in to the offense last year? Laughable.

This really sucks for his development but it’s doubtful he would have seen the field much this year.

Fidone was further along coming in as a true freshman compared to Betts..LOL all you want..

Not a very good comparison

Fidone was further along coming in as a true freshman compared to Betts..LOL all you want..
Agreed. I'm pretty sure the best high-school tight end in the nation would be sitting on the bench. The tight end play hasn't been stellar for a while. Now that Allen is a future NFL player according to Beckton and has apparently became a superstar overnight, I'm sure we will be fine. No problem. Allen is a good player, but NFL? Come on, man. Losing Fidone is huge.

Last edited:
It is totally True. Hes redshirting so he will be fine.
Well, he’s redshirting NOW. There was no way as a high four star recruit that HCSF was keeping him on the sidelines beyond the 4 game participation limit.

I will question the technique he is being taught if we find out he was hurt during a non-contact drill.
Hopefully he has a complete and complication free recovery.
GBR!

You’re right.

Last year we were desperate for anything out of the WR position in terms of athleticism and Frost/Lubick still couldn’t get the ball to young guys like Betts/Brown/Fleming. I remember the days when the burners Houston and Nance were the next big thing.

Fidone was going to be behind two Tight Ends that are going to see a bulk of the time. Remember, Beckton is only a few weeks removed from saying Fidone could have a very good freshman year and have ten catches.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You’re right.

Last year we were desperate for anything out of the WR position in terms of athleticism and Frost/Lubick still couldn’t get the ball to young guys like Betts/Brown/Fleming. I remember the days when the burners Houston and Nance were the next big thing.

Fidone was going to be behind two Tight Ends that are going to see a bulk of the time. Remember, Beckton is only a few weeks removed from saying Fidone could have a very good freshman year and have ten catches.

You’ve mentioned all wideouts and not one of them were the best player or two at his position coming in like Fidone was in the country...

I wasn’t planning him on starting out of the gate, I was counting him playing in games and making a impact and causing defense fits with another weapon to defend...

Betts is the most physically gifted WR we've had in a long time. he was the #59 overall national prospect. Fidone was #35.

he was responsible for the only 40+ yard touchdown we scored all last year

frost and lubick, I'm sure using all their collective genius, managed to get him the ball 12 times in 8 games, with 3 of those catches coming from Luke

their QB, en route to setting a single-season school record in completion percentage, found the biggest outside threat on the team a whopping 7 times (5 vs Purdue, AM's best win of the season. Betts also drew a targeting call that game for a big 1st down after a horrendous overthrow.)

given Betts plays a much easier position to learn (in every offense in the nation but 1, apparently) than Fidone, this comp is not only spot on, it highlights the complete dereliction of duty the offensive masterminds committed by not having him exponentially more involved starting game 1.

Last edited:
Well, he’s redshirting NOW. There was no way as a high four star recruit that HCSF was keeping him on the sidelines beyond the 4 game participation limit.

I will question the technique he is being taught if we find out he was hurt during a non-contact drill.
Hopefully he has a complete and complication free recovery.
GBR!
Listen, the injury can happen to any athlete and proof it happens all over and not just at N.
Alot of 4 or 5 stars never play their fresh year

Reactions: WHCSC
Agreed. I'm pretty sure the best high-school tight end in the nation would be sitting on the bench. The tight end play hasn't been stellar for a while. Now that Allen is a future NFL player according to Beckton and has apparently became a superstar overnight, I'm sure we will be fine. No problem. Allen is a good player, but NFL? Come on, man. Losing Fidone is huge.
You don’t have to be a superstar to play in the NFL. Making a roster means you were a good college player. Many guys don’t reach first team all-conference and make a NFL roster. Who said he was a superstar?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Between cursed , injuries , bad refs and the big ten picks on em, what’s left .
?
They will be fine , bowl bound and maybe play in Indy
A year like no other in the 2000’s

It would explain the well timed Austin Allen koolaid article. I would’ve liked watching Fidone play this season but it shouldn’t be a monumental loss.

Reactions: WHCSC
Between cursed , injuries , bad refs and the big ten picks on em, what’s left .
?
They will be fine , bowl bound and maybe play in Indy
A year like no other in the 2000’s

I think Iowa has their own issues to worry about, don’t you? Probably why you are here gloating and trolling in a thread about an injured player.

Oh and Nebraska has been in Indy just as often as your beloved Hawks have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT