ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone - 8/26 Commitment Date?

Sounds like he will be N soon! Will be a huge commit and could have a ripple effect with others!

I can't remember us ever landing a top rated TE recruit coming out of High School? Who was the highest rated TE recruit we've ever had? Mike McNeill? Johnny Mitchell?

If he's not a multi-year First Team All Big Ten TE then we have seriously failed him.

I don't generally buy into the hype of incoming players, but Fidone is cut from a different cloth and a very likely 1st round NFL type talent.
You can't say something like this until the kid plays a few big boy football games. It is not fair to him to hype him up to that level

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Yah wasn't Judd Davies the #1 FB back in the day. Not sure that kid ever lived up to the hype.

We were favored by 13.5 over ND and were up by 7 and about to break their will when he dropped a big pass for a failed third down conversion that cost me a lot of money. I believe that was my last time I ever bet on FB...but I thought his career here was pretty good and it isn't his fault I bet on CFB...but man did that sting

NCAA has cancelled official visits. That is why he has accelerated his commitment date. He has said LSU face timed with him daily. Nebraska contacts are not that frequent.

I’m sure they contacted him frequently knew where they stood with him.Where LSU had to contact him everyday because of distance and not being able to visit...

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
NCAA has cancelled official visits. That is why he has accelerated his commitment date. He has said LSU face timed with him daily. Nebraska contacts are not that frequent.

Way off there my man.

I’m sure they contacted him frequently knew where they stood with him.Where LSU had to contact him everyday because of distance and not being able to visit...

dead on, Huskers talk to him daily too. Only difference was LSU faced time everyday and Huskers didn’t always use face time but they did talk to him everyday. Huskers and LSU are the two schools recruiting him the hardest.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Sounds like he will be N soon! Will be a huge commit and could have a ripple effect with others!

I can't remember us ever landing a top rated TE recruit coming out of High School? Who was the highest rated TE recruit we've ever had? Mike McNeill? Johnny Mitchell?

we had a 5 star TE out of Omaha before, Chris Septak. That’s was our highest ranked TE. But Thomas Fidone will give us our second highest ranked TE. I couldn’t find another profile for him so here’s this.....

https://247sports.com/player/chris-septak-57555/

Last edited:
We were favored by 13.5 over ND and were up by 7 and about to break their will when he dropped a big pass for a failed third down conversion that cost me a lot of money. I believe that was my last time I ever bet on FB...but I thought his career here was pretty good and it isn't his fault I bet on CFB...but man did that sting

Rustled over games from 20 years ago....that's my jam.

He's a heckuva urologist, though. Pulverized the hell out of some kidney stones for a buddy of mine.

I didn't know that about Judd. I do know Monte Christo gave the Mrs. a hell of a good epidural for kid number 3.

Reactions: saluno22
we had a 5 star TE out of Omaha before, Chris Septak. That’s was our highest ranked TE. But Thomas Fidone will give us our second highest ranked TE. I couldn’t find another profile for him so here’s this.....

https://247sports.com/player/chris-septak-57555/
Septak was one of that highest rated TE recruits of all time. I know many on this board watched him in HS and said he was an absolute monster before injuries derailed his college career. The only other remotely highly rated recruits at TE I could think of outside of Mitchell and Septak were Justin Tommerlin and Sheldon Jackson.

Last edited:
Played baseball with Chris when we were 16. He hit some absolute bombs as I'm sure you can imagine. I also remember him leaking out on a fast break in a freshman game vs us. Didn't see too many 2 hand power slams in freshman games.

Reactions: headcard
Way off there my man.

dead on, Huskers talk to him daily too. Only difference was LSU faced time everyday and Huskers didn’t always use face time but they did talk to him everyday. Huskers and LSU are the two schools recruiting him the hardest.
I only quoted Fidone's words to OWH when he announced his commitment date. "LSU face times me every day. Nebraska is probably second." Right from the horses mouth unless OWH got the quote wrong.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I only quoted Fidone's words to OWH when he announced his commitment date. "LSU face times me every day. Nebraska is probably second." Right from the horses mouth unless OWH got the quote wrong.

no, they do have the quotes right and you are correct. But he’s talking about FaceTime communication is all. LSU FaceTimes him daily while the Huskers don’t. But he also said the Huskers talk to him daily as well. 24/7 had covered that interview as well. But all is good, you are right but just out of context is all. He was talking about who FaceTimes him the most....LSU 1st and then the Huskers. I have no idea why we don’t FaceTime him more. At least they call him daily I suppose.

Reactions: saluno22
I think that visit to Lincoln with the other local commits was huge when he cant visit LSU. Hard to have that bond over the internet. Hard to imagine yourself hanging out with teammates and eating wings in Louisiana when you haven't done it. Nice to have a break go our way for once.

I think this is all NEBRASKA baby

I’m pretty sure he will be a Husker come Wednesday. It’s been a Huskers vs LSU vs Michigan battle for a while now. Iowa was in it but Fidone and Iowa both moved on the last month or two. It’s virtually a Huskers vs LSU battle with Michigan trying to sneak in there.

ADVERTISEMENT