ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone - 8/26 Commitment Date?

If he's not a multi-year First Team All Big Ten TE then we have seriously failed him.

I don't generally buy into the hype of incoming players, but Fidone is cut from a different cloth and a very likely 1st round NFL type talent.

If he's not a multi-year First Team All Big Ten TE then we have seriously failed him.

I don't generally buy into the hype of incoming players, but Fidone is cut from a different cloth and a very likely 1st round NFL type talent.

Are you related to Beano Cook, by chance?

Reactions: nu2u and headcard
Has he made one of his visit to Baton Rouge lately with this pandemic flouting around?

Considering one conference he is considering wants to play football and the other doesn't, this would be a monumental commitment.
I don't think the B10's cancellation has any impact on Fidone or his commitment - not like he'd be playing this year anyways.

If anyone cancels football next fall that means our world is in a really bad spot...

Reactions: scarletred
Has he made one of his visit to Baton Rouge lately with this pandemic flouting around?

He was supposed to go to LSU in September.

He spoke highly of all of his finalists, but he said:
“I’ve known for a little while now, just with the relationships I have with the coaches, it’s just a different bond that what I have with coaches at other schools,” Fidone said.

That signals Nebraska or LSU based on what has been previously reported. It would be huge!!!! Some good news this month would be epic.

“I’ve known for a little while now, just with the relationships I have with the coaches, it’s just a different bond that what I have with coaches at other schools,”

Who did he say this about?

Well, seeing how I have no idea who that even is, I'd have to say no, not related.

And why do you ask?
quote-ron-powlus-will-win-the-heisman-two-times-and-be-the-greatest-quarterback-in-the-history-beano-cook-80-76-14.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say if he doesn't commit and sign with Nebraska heads will explode...and I'm not being figurative either, it'll be like sitting first row at a Gallagher show all over Husker Nation with each death certificate saying only "Fidone Loss Syndrome/COVID-19."

Cross the river, kid. GBR!

I think I speak for everyone when I say if he doesn't commit and sign with Nebraska heads will explode...and I'm not being figurative either, it'll be like sitting first row at a Gallagher show all over Husker Nation with each death certificate saying only "Fidone Loss Syndrome/COVID-19."

The very damn same thing was being said if Scott Frost wasn’t going to be our next head coach a few years back I might add..

Oh the sledgeomatic

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
It can't be LSU. Can anyone even understand when their coach speaks? It's cajun gibberish

Last edited:
Considering one conference he is considering wants to play football and the other doesn't, this would be a monumental commitment.
I certainly hope the pandemic is over and everyone is playing football by the time he's graduated HS. Should be s non factor.

Don't feel bad HuskerLove. I'm just giving ya shit. I thought we learned to pump the brakes on the hype for some of these guys though.

I was in a gun shop last week and asked the maybe 30-year-old guy behind the counter if the gun I was holding was used by Charles Bronson. He had no idea who that was.

Reactions: timnsun
It shows his LSU visit as 9/11. So him making his commitment on 8/26 is a great news for the Huskers. Even the Hawkeye analyst that picked LSU, flipped his crystal ball from lvl 1 LSU to lvl 6 Huskers today. So unless we screw up badly by 8/26, he will be a Husker. GBR

Last edited:
As I've said in past threads, the dude can still literally go anywhere he wants. Would be a friggin' huge recruiting W for DONU. And call me nuts, but I have to think Scott fighting for his players and program the past few days definitely helps recruiting. Kids today can see right through the BS of sports analyst opinions – they know a leader when they see one.

Whoa guys I thought since we weren’t playing thIs fall not only would we never get another commit but our entire roster was transferring. These CBs can’t be right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT