ADVERTISEMENT

Fickell is a chump

If his contract isn’t in the same neighborhood as Rhule’s

If he is getting 2-3 million less per year he needs a new agent
That's Wisconsin for you and why they keep getting coaches poached by SEC schools. We should not follow that model, though I think we could have shot higher given Wisconsin was able to attract Fickell.

Why be concerned what he is getting if it’s much less than Rhule?

That is a Wisky issue. Right?
I’m not concerned in the least. I am interested in the business side of these deals.

His agents job is to get him the most money from where he wants to coach

A peer program just paid a coach that I think we can all agree is in the same tier (Rhule -Fickell) reportedly 2-3 million dollars per year more than what initial reports are that Fickell is getting

Fickell could command as much as Rhule - will be interested to see the final contract to see how much he left on the table

Disagree on the lesser coach part. Fickell got Cincinnati to the playoff is no small feat.
The only reason Fickell got to the playoff was because UCF got left out as an undefeated earlier and then went and beat Georgia in their bowl game. Frost gave credibility to the G5. Fickell will be no better than Chryst in the P5.

The only reason Fickell got to the playoff was because UCF got left out as an undefeated earlier and then went and beat Georgia in their bowl game. Frost gave credibility to the G5. Fickell will be no better than Chryst in the P5.
I think Fickell is a fantastic coach. I wanted him, Rhule, or Sanders. I think he could do great things at Wisconsin.

They beat Notre Dame, who was raked #5 on the final BCS. Kind of hard for a 1 loss team that you beat to jump ahead of you when you haven't lost.

Reactions: oldjar07
We wanted the guy who will build a program
Truth! Fickell is a good coach but not a builder. Wisconsin is a better situation to walk into in the short term but not long term IMO.

Matt Rhule definitely has a big job ahead of him. There is not a lot of talent here and Rhule is known for maximizing the talents of 2-3 star guys. Hopefully he can get it turned around pretty quick. First thing I’d like to see him weed out the lazy, dead weight and make way for guys that are more into football instead of whatever it is they are doing.

Nebraska has way more upside than Wisconsin. The Huskers don’t have to compete with pro teams in state and they don’t have a fanbase made of cheesehead drunks that jump around and only follow the program for 4 years because they go to school there.

It should be pretty obvious by now that it's easy to build a resume in the AAC that doesn't always translate to a P5 schedule. I like Fickell but I don't think he's any more of a slam dunk than Rhule.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT