ADVERTISEMENT

'Fess up..who took/bet, the overs on our season win total?

I think it actually started at 5 or 5.5. I was like, holy cow, where can I find abookie to put a$1000 on the overs. With all the sunshine and Kool aid being served by the media there was no way we weren't going to be good let alone not at least be bowl eligible.
I really thought 8-4 at worst case. Guess Tommy wasn't the problem and Lee the savior
Beginning to wonder how good the Husker beat reporters are and people that watch practices all the time are at evaluation

I took over 7. Felt like 7-5 was an easy push at worst case. Took Iowa for $150 yesterday to make up for it.

I took over 7 wins. After Northern Illinois my best hope was push. Quickly lost that hope after Northwestern.

An old golf buddy in Lincoln who was a big time football gambler told me back in about 1980 that he made a lot of money consistently betting on NU even though the spreads were often 20 points or more. That old buddy died a few years ago but he told me that he quit betting on NU football around 2002. It had become a dicey proposition at best and I imagine remains one today.

I thought we’d be about 6-6 this year and assumed that would include some blowouts. While 4-8 obviously is even worse, I wish I could say I’m surprised. As limited as Tommy was he was capable of carrying the team to wins.

I think it actually started at 5 or 5.5. I was like, holy cow, where can I find abookie to put a$1000 on the overs. With all the sunshine and Kool aid being served by the media there was no way we weren't going to be good let alone not at least be bowl eligible.
I really thought 8-4 at worst case. Guess Tommy wasn't the problem and Lee the savior
Beginning to wonder how good the Husker beat reporters are and people that watch practices all the time are at evaluation

Just wait for more kool aid if Riley is fired. People will think there’s talent, speed, heart here. Just missing coaching LOL!!!

My preseason prediction was 7-5 simply because I thought our lines were gonna struggle but Tanner would carry us through some games. After I saw Arky State. I ammended my prediction to 5 and 7. Of course I was counting on beating NIU but Mike Riley gonna Mike Riley.

8-4 is what I thought. Losses to Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn St.

Knew I was flat wrong by halftime of the Arkansas State game. Others no doubt saw it sooner but I’m an optimist I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT