ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz to USC

I was in New Orleans last week on business and had lunch with a couple of big LSU fans. They couldn't believe we fired Pelini, so he is still well liked there. I did explain all the details as to why he was fired.

I was in New Orleans last week on business and had lunch with a couple of big LSU fans. They couldn't believe we fired Pelini, so he is still well liked there. I did explain all the details as to why he was fired.

No he is not...the vast majority was happy that he left,

He is all ready on the short list of candidates.

I have a hunch that Brian Ferentz will be Iowa's next HC........that would be a good thing for the Hawks........
You have to inagine Kirk wants to hang around long enough to pass the baton to his son, who is making a big impact on Iowa's success this season.

Perhaps it's Brian Kelly--------i could see this as more plausible than Chip Kelly. chip Kelly holds all of the cards in Philly---he is not going any where unless the ship completely sinks while on fire and all of the cheerleaders are being sodomized by a hoard of barbarians

Jeff Fisher and Brian Kelly would make the most sense. I think Fisher would kill it in college - be good to see somebody besides Urbie hand Saban his balls.

To people who don't follow closely this is reasonable. For those who do it was obvious.

He was despised down there and the vast majority rejoiced when his ass left Baton Rouge.

Reactions: Redblood23
Jeff Fisher and Brian Kelly would make the most sense. I think Fisher would kill it in college - be good to see somebody besides Urbie hand Saban his balls.
Im not sure a guy who has been an NFL HC for 20 years would want to suddenly chase high school recruits.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
You have to inagine Kirk wants to hang around long enough to pass the baton to his son, who is making a big impact on Iowa's success this season.

Brian is a younger, more aggressive version of Kirk........when he played, he was like a coach on the field.......He has DEFINITELY made an impact on Iowa this year in his new position.......The kid is just a winner if you ask me.......

Brian is a younger, more aggressive version of Kirk........when he played, he was like a coach on the field.......He has DEFINITELY made an impact on Iowa this year in his new position.......The kid is just a winner if you ask me.......
Yep, you can see it.

Yep, you can see it.

He left a pretty good job as New England TE coach to come back to Iowa for a reason.......besides working along side his dad, I think he saw this opportunity when he came back.......It will be interesting to see how it plays out.........I'm a fan of it.

He left a pretty good job as New England TE coach to come back to Iowa for a reason.......besides working along side his dad, I think he saw this opportunity when he came back.......It will be interesting to see how it plays out.........I'm a fan of it.
As a Nebraska fan, im not ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT