ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz thoughts on Frost

BHoppy

Walk On
Jun 26, 2001
Thought you might enjoy Ferentz thoughts on Frost from his press conference. My own opinion is too bad the fan base for each team cannot talk more football instead of bashing each team.

Hope for a great game Friday, and no injuries. Frost has you heading in the right direction and only time will tell how far.

Q. Did you get to know Scott at all when he was at UNI just briefly?

KIRK FERENTZ: Yeah, we'd see each other at clinics and stuff like that, and I've got great respect for him, obviously, as a person first and foremost, and then what his career was all about and now you look at what he's done as a coach, he's just had a phenomenal run. Same thing, he's earned it. He's worked hard. There probably aren't a lot of guys who would be willing to leave pro football and take a job maybe at a, quote-unquote, lower level school. Most guys want to start on third base and move over to the batter's box. But he's paid his dues, and he's done a great, great job. Unless they could have gotten Dr. Osborn to come back and do it again, I don't know what would have made more sense to really embrace what Nebraska is all about.

Thought you might enjoy Ferentz thoughts on Frost from his press conference. My own opinion is too bad the fan base for each team cannot talk more football instead of bashing each team.

Hope for a great game Friday, and no injuries. Frost has you heading in the right direction and only time will tell how far.

KIRK FERENTZ: Yeah, we'd see each other at clinics and stuff like that, and I've got great respect for him, obviously, as a person first and foremost, and then what his career was all about and now you look at what he's done as a coach, he's just had a phenomenal run. Same thing, he's earned it. He's worked hard. There probably aren't a lot of guys who would be willing to leave pro football and take a job maybe at a, quote-unquote, lower level school. Most guys want to start on third base and move over to the batter's box. But he's paid his dues, and he's done a great, great job. Unless they could have gotten Dr. Osborn to come back and do it again, I don't know what would have made more sense to really embrace what Nebraska is all about.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the stupid and juvenile comment and the others that are probably sure to come. :(

He better say something nice or Scott might run up the score!!!

I am kidding because it was a nice statement which shows respect for the opposing coach.

I still can wish/dream for this...right?!! Winking

2n3usl.jpg

Last edited:

Who gives a f*ck? Get lost loser.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Who gives a f*ck? Get lost loser.
Good lord....grow-up you giant baby.

I do not understand these people, who in the same breathe, will complain that all Iowa fans do is talk crap when they come on our board, but then treat Iowa fans like garbage who come over here to share something positive. Why would Iowa fan say something nice if they are going to be treated with the same response as those who talk trash?

Good lord....grow-up you giant baby.

I do not understand these people, who in the same breathe, will complain that all Iowa fans do is talk crap when they come on our board, but then treat Iowa fans like garbage who come over here to share something positive. Why would Iowa fan say something nice if they are going to be treated with the same response as those who talk trash?
raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

After the way these Iowa losers have acted on here the past few years they deserve every bit of shit they get. F'm all. If they don't like it they can get gtfo.

Please go read all my 67 post here and find where I have been a jerk. But hey, we have a few that act like this.

Happy Thanksgiving Husker land!! Keep the faith!!

Oh by the way, how do you think the rain will affect the game?

Please go read all my 67 post here and find where I have been a jerk. But hey, we have a few that act like this.

I've heard 2 different things, Rain at game time and also heard rain won't start until mid afternoon. Torrential down pour, it's anyone's game! LOL

I'd love to say it won't impact our offense at all, but the truth is it will probably end-up having a big impact on our ability to pass the football effectively downfield. Our running game has been very good the second half of this season, so I'm hoping that if we do become somewhat one-dimensional that we can still be productive (and score) while on offense.

Iowa's TE's on play-action is what scares me the most about this game...

Apparently you're just too damn witty for me, because I have no idea what you are trying to prove with a picture of a tall horse and ladder....

You need to grow-up, period. Get some perspective and try to understand how poorly you come across to others.
It's art time in his Kindergarten class! LOL

Apparently you're just too damn witty for me, because I have no idea what you are trying to prove with a picture of a tall horse and ladder....

You need to grow-up, period. Get some perspective and try to understand how poorly you come across to others.
I bet you've got plenty of perspective up there on your high horse.

well informed and gracious statement from Ferentz

I dunno. Going to a lower level school and proving yourself is the best way to find a good CFB head coach. The Urban Meyer approach. You get a winner. Bigtime...not some 7 win a year hack like Ferentz.

I think Kirk is in Iowa City and thinks his own shit doesn't stink and everybody around him thinks his shit doesn't stink so he says dumb shit.

Thanks for sharing. But who in Iowa athletics communications department chose to misspell the last name of one of the greatest coaches in history? I have always thought Fairuntz and Frye good coaches, though not at the level of Eversovski or Comings.

I dunno. Going to a lower level school and proving yourself is the best way to find a good CFB head coach. The Urban Meyer approach. You get a winner. Bigtime...not some 7 win a year hack like Ferentz.

I think Kirk is in Iowa City and thinks his own shit doesn't stink and everybody around him thinks his shit doesn't stink so he says dumb shit.

You're trying to hard.

Posers 'talk'....doers 'do'.....

The internet...lol

I don't hate the Hawkeys either. Oh, it's fun to tease the Hogeyes Laughing.....but really I admire their defense and appreciate their smash-mouth style of play. They never have anything close to outstanding recruiting but most usually can play well vs anybody (the star-gazers hate them for that).

I just love the Big10......I miss the BigXII like another hole in my head.

From what I've seen, Ferentz is a classy guy. Donates a $1m to the kids hospital, program appears clean. On the other hand, the majority of iowa fans we see on here are knuckleheads. I don't personally know any iowa fans, I wouldn't know that they existed without their blather on here.

One could argue about the way he schemes, game plans, recruits, etc. It's a great example of "good is the enemy of great", kind of like the Pellini 9-wins and the complacency that comes with being comfortable. So to me, a professional response from Ferentz and no reason to get worked up.

Colorado picked us to be a rival. Not because we shared a border, but because we were the best. Maybe the old guard B1G fans try to make everything into rivalries with the little jugs and horace the hog trophies. That's not us, "us" being NU fans. IMO, if you're a NU fan on the iowa board, time to get off of it (imo).

Reactions: steelclaw

Thanks for sharing. I met Ferentz a few years ago and he seems like a good guy.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT