ADVERTISEMENT

Feels good to actually have a real head coach and staff again.

Originally posted by Pennsyhusker:

Originally posted by BradWesley:
Just feels refreshing. Can't wait for the Spring Game.
Yes. It also feels good to have an adult as head coach again.
Indeed. Feels like we've been lost at sea without a captain for quite a while. Cheers.
party0012.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Pennsyhusker:

Yes. It also feels good to have an adult as head coach again.
Indeed. Feels like we've been lost at sea without a captain for quite a while. Cheers.
party0012.r191677.gif
Oh we had a captain, but his name was Blackbeard.

Yes it does. However, if Coach Riley and Langsdorf try to turn TA or the other QBs into Dan Marino, lose six games and miss a bowl game, I suspect we will all have lost that luvin feeling by this time next year. I hope like anything HCMR, the staff and our team do great things so our fanbase becomes one again.

Originally posted by Husker.Wed.:

Yes it does. However, if Coach Riley and Langsdorf try to turn TA or the other QBs into Dan Marino, lose six games and miss a bowl game, I suspect we will all have lost that luvin feeling by this time next year. I hope like anything HCMR, the staff and our team do great things so our fanbase becomes one again.
I think people are falling for a slight of hand trick when it comes to MR and his comments or outlook for TA. He's seen enough film of TA to know, but he also knows he is beloved by some fans who think all he needed was better coaching and he did have a good record as a starter, so why rock the boat? Lots of people are quick to see the real picture with Bo's overall record, and by that I mean yes he wins 9 games but it's against Iowa and Purdue, but on the other had are happy to credit TA as an effective QB even though his wins came against the same opponents. I think our QB picture is fairly clear in terms of who we can rule out. I think Bush and Stanton are your #1 & #2 QB's when the season starts. We'll see.

It's actually pretty sad that we have a coach whose lifetime winning percentage is around 0.500%

Hopefully he can overachieve at Nebraska for our program's sake.

GBR!!!

Originally posted by CharlieHustle:
It's actually pretty sad that we have a coach whose lifetime winning percentage is around 0.500%

GBR!!!
giphy.gif

At Oregon State......

No Jackie, what's really sad is our old coach had no business being here. And his minions boot jacked anyone who got outta line.

A Husker fan taking glee in hoping we fail???
Run home to Youngstown.

Nobody knows how much success HCMR will have in terms of wins and losses.

But I do know this.

I have 3 boys between the ages of 7 and 11.

I try to impress on them the importance of decency, integrity, compassion and basically how to treat other human beings.

My job got easier when HCMR was hired.

I know that a lot of you are about winning percentages, bowl games, and championships.

And it doesn't matter how you get those results.

But it does to me. And it will to my sons.

GBR

Originally posted by Husker.Wed.:

Lol! Oh boy, that's 100% correct.

Originally posted by sltoa:

But I do know this.

I try to impress on them the importance of decency, integrity, compassion and basically how to treat other human beings.

I know that a lot of you are about winning percentages, bowl games, and championships.

GBR
excellent post

It was good to listen to MR's post practice press conference and hear a coach do something to benefit ALL of his players even though it meant alot more work for his staff (ie the split practice). The media members have to love the change that has taken place. It makes it so much easier and enjoyable for them to do their job.

I dont think mommy and daddy will give him $1000 for the wager, HTO. Perhaps betting xbo, games might be more applicable?

Originally posted by sltoa:

But I do know this.

GBR
Hey Charlie...... sltoa FTW.

Originally posted by CharlieHustle:

GBR!!!
This is a legitimate take. He's doing the right things right now, but what looks good right now is trivial if it doesn't carry over to the field. It's entirely possible to hold this view and not be a "Youngstown Guy" The two are not connected.

To sltoa,

Huge +1!

I have two young boys at home and the difference from my personal view as a dad, is massive.

Very impressed so far....

M.

The different demeanor or Riley is a welcome change. He seems to genuinely enjoy coaching. That said, I think we would have overlooked Bo's glaring faults in this area had he won a few more games. We would have probably overlooked strangled kittens for an undefeated season.

Originally posted by inWV:
The different demeanor or Riley is a welcome change. He seems to genuinely enjoy coaching. That said, I think we would have overlooked Bo's glaring faults in this area had he won a few more games. We would have probably overlooked strangled kittens for an undefeated season.
no doubt Bo is still the head coach if he managed to conduct himself like a respectable human being in times of adversity

You could have said the same thing about Callahan. Winning makes everything better. However, I still found it difficult to stomach Bo's behavior regardless of the win count. I'm not saying that everyone has to conduct themselves to the level of LHCTO, but Pelini was a real embarrassment inside and outside the program.

I couldn´t agree more. For the first time in years, rooting for the program is fun again. Riley and his staff are absolutely still pinching themselves everday in amazement that they have this opportunity in front of them. They aren´t going to fail here on account of effort and professinalism. Even through struggles and tougher times, this staff will be a thousand times easier to support and root for because they aren´t jerks who think the program is beneath them, or they blame the past success for their expectations today.

There is no comparison between this staff and the previous one. The new staff has shown more appreciation for the great situation they have here at NU than dirtbag did in 7 years. They embrace past legends and the past coaches of this program, despite one of those legends still seething with massive butthurt. In the end, Riley will be judged by his wins and losses, which is completely fair. If you follow the way this man works, and the way successful people in coaching and other walks of life conduct their business, it is very easy to see why SE singled this man out as his head coach.

Originally posted by jawbreakingsafetyplay:
I couldn´t agree more. For the first time in years, rooting for the program is fun again. Riley and his staff are absolutely still pinching themselves everday in amazement that they have this opportunity in front of them. They aren´t going to fail here on account of effort and professinalism. Even through struggles and tougher times, this staff will be a thousand times easier to support and root for because they aren´t jerks who think the program is beneath them, or they blame the past success for their expectations today.

There is no comparison between this staff and the previous one. The new staff has shown more appreciation for the great situation they have here at NU than dirtbag did in 7 years. They embrace past legends and the past coaches of this program, despite one of those legends still seething with massive butthurt. In the end, Riley will be judged by his wins and losses, which is completely fair. If you follow the way this man works, and the way successful people in coaching and other walks of life conduct their business, it is very easy to see why SE singled this man out as his head coach.
I think the main reason Eichorst hired Riley is Mike isn't an energy vampire.

Don't doubt that is at the top of the list; however - the AD imo is an excellent planner and uses every resource ; including a network of very bright football people. This is not a happy accident. He has also been tooling the whole athletic department to also enhance the chance for success. Whatever the result, I say well done. .. I know there is not a lot of what has he done lately, and I get every aspect here will be better - but I think I saw his OSU team lost 37-36 to THE Oregon the year before last. Not, THE W; but Oregon was THE , thing - in recent time. Glad to see so many happy posters here, being FANs.

It will be nice to have a coach that doesn't chomp his bubble gum on the sidelines like the 13 year girl at the mall. I am also glad that we won't cringe at the iso camera shots during nationally televised games as we don't have to worry about our coach blowing a gasket and making angry facial contortions that lost their effect the first 10,000 times he did it.

Winning more than ten games a season is nice.

Winning conference championships is nice.

Winning a national playoff is nice.

Originally posted by jawbreakingsafetyplay:

I can't believe how lucky we are to have him.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:

True. I guess we will see a draft of the this staff's work in the Spring Game, and the full product in the Fall. The expectations are pretty high. I have to say that I appreciate Riley's demeanor. I don't know if he really enjoys talking to reporters, but he does seem to enjoy talking about football and about the players.

True. I guess we will see a draft of the this staff's work in the Spring Game, and the full product in the Fall. The expectations are pretty high. I have to say that I appreciate Riley's demeanor. I don't know if he really enjoys talking to reporters, but he does seem to enjoy talking about football and about the players.
And that's the important side. He clearly knows what he's doing and has nothing to hide. No coach-speak responses, rather just an honest and informed dialogue from someone who gets it. Does that mean we win the B1G? Probably not this year, but give him time and let's see what he can achieve. I'm excited.

not being a douche bag is also nice

ADVERTISEMENT