FDA it is time to fully approve the vaccines

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If the medical people believe the vaccines are safe and effective, why not give them full approval status. That may make people feel more comfortable about taking the vaccine and letting their kids take the vaccines. Emergency status has some people concerned. There is enough evidence, and data to justify full approval. We can not base peoples lives on politics.

Reactions: UNK'sker

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
If the medical people believe the vaccines are safe and effective, why not give them full approval status. That may make people feel more comfortable about taking the vaccine and letting their kids take the vaccines. Emergency status has some people concerned. There is enough evidence, and data to justify full approval. We can not base peoples lives on politics.

I agree. I figured it would move faster considering the interim reports. But it seems like the FDA is back to their usual slow pace (watch it get approved tomorrow now :) ).

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
I agree. I figured it would move faster considering the interim reports. But it seems like the FDA is back to their usual slow pace (watch it get approved tomorrow now :) ).
I had heard a while back that one of the main things the fda has to consider is shelf stability. At one be point the standard I heard was two years. You would certainly know more than would I on the subject matter

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
I had heard a while back that one of the main things the fda has to consider is shelf stability. At one be point the standard I heard was two years. You would certainly know more than would I on the subject matter

Shelf life is something that they look at, and they would probably prefer at least a year (both Moderna and Pfizer are at 6 months I believe). But I don’t know how big of a deal it will be for these. It has already been shown that the transportation and storage isn’t a huge problem, as they have been able to distribute the vaccines.

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
Let’s get that FDA approval and maybe stop the constant pressuring and I bet people line up.