ADVERTISEMENT

FB Blueblood poll

I just used 30, because that is the time frame he threw out. 10 also seems like a small window though.

Not really. It gives you an idea who has been the best recently, and 10 years is a pretty big window.

The teams are:
LSU
OREGON
FLORIDA STATE
STANFORD
WISCONSIN
OKLAHOMA
CLEMSON
BOISE STATE - NOT SURE THEY COUNT
OHIO STATE
ALABAMA

Not really. It gives you an idea who has been the best recently, and 10 years is a pretty big window.

The teams are:
LSU
OREGON
FLORIDA STATE
STANFORD
WISCONSIN
OKLAHOMA
CLEMSON
BOISE STATE - NOT SURE THEY COUNT
OHIO STATE
ALABAMA

How did you come up with those? Seems like a good list, but what metric did you use? Wins? Also you know places like Texas and USC will never go away, too easy for them to have success, even if they aren't in the SE.

How did you come up with those? Seems like a good list, but what metric did you use? Wins? Also you know places like Texas and USC will never go away, too easy for them to have success, even if they aren't in the SE.

Just wins. There was a 247 article I found that listed those. I don't consider Boise, so it would be interesting to see the 11th team is, but I think that gives a pretty accruate read who has been consistently good the last 10 years.

Reactions: headcard
I'd probably do the wins in the last 10 years. 30 years isn't that recent to see who the new age teams are.
10 is too short term. College football has been around since the 1860s. There are flash in the pan teams that have a good stretch for 3-5 years then fade off into nothing. Getting the average over the last 20 or 30 years is pretty good indicator of who the consistently good teams are now.

Here is the most winning programs over 30 years 20 years 10 years. https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/top-winning-s-ncaa-football-last-30-20-10-years

Nebraska is # 2 over 30 year
Nebraska is #4 over 20 year
Nebraska is # 21 over 10 years

Didn't see ucf anywhere on that list. Weirdo_O

Last edited:
10 is too short term. College football has been around since the 1860s. There are flash in the pan teams that have a good stretch for 3-5 years then fade off into nothing. Getting the average over the last 20 or 30 years is pretty good indicator of who the top teams are now.
I agree, but it is kind of interesting to compare the two lists.

The teams that dropped off the list going from 30 years to 10 are:
Nebraska
Michigan
Florida
Miami
Georgia
Tennessee

The teams that jump on the list are:
LSU
Oregon
Stanford
Wisconsin
Clemson
Boise

Hardly the huge movement of power to the SE SiberianKinght believed. In fact, teams like Florida, Miami and Georgia that he believes are the "new blue bloods" fell of the list.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I agree, but it is kind of interesting to compare the two lists.

The teams that dropped off the list going from 30 years to 10 are:
Nebraska
Michigan
Florida
Miami
Georgia
Tennessee

The teams that jump on the list are:
LSU
Oregon
Stanford
Wisconsin
Clemson
Boise

Hardly the huge movement of power to the SE SiberianKinght believed. In fact, teams like Florida, Miami and Georgia that he believes are the "new blue bloods" fell of the list.

You're right, The Southeast doesn't dominate in college football. Seriously, how many national champions have there been from the SouthEast since 1998?

You're right, The Southeast doesn't dominate in college football. Seriously, how many national champions have there been from the SouthEast since 1998?
So now you want to move the goalposts? Yes, Alabama has been awesome, that doesn't change the fact that the list of "new blue bloods" you just made up of the top of your head, based on your infinate college football knowledge is completely off base, with four of the six team not even in the top 10 in wins the last decade. And if we go back 30 years (your metric) only one of them FSU has more wins than Nebraska and only one Alabama has more national championships.

So what you’re saying is, when identifying blue bloods, it should read, ND, OSU, Mich, USC, Nebraska, OU, and ‘the southeast.’

Got it.

Reactions: husker2612
10 is too short term. College football has been around since the 1860s. There are flash in the pan teams that have a good stretch for 3-5 years then fade off into nothing. Getting the average over the last 20 or 30 years is pretty good indicator of who the consistently good teams are now.

Here is the most winning programs over 30 years 20 years 10 years. https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/top-winning-s-ncaa-football-last-30-20-10-years

Nebraska is # 2 over 30 year
Nebraska is #4 over 20 year
Nebraska is # 21 over 10 years

Didn't see ucf anywhere on that list. Weirdo_O

Not really. @headcard actually had a pretty good comparison where you can see that there are quite a few that feel down a little bit. We do have history, but trying to get us on any list in recent history is asinine. Although we are #4 in 20 years, we really have done anything for like 15 years. Yes we should have won back to back Big 12 titles in 2009 and 2010, but we didn't. Yes we are a bluebood, but we are falling rather rapidly, and 10 years is a pretty good gauge of who the current "bluebloods" (although that phrase doesn't work) are.

Reactions: 9and4
Not really. @headcard actually had a pretty good comparison where you can see that there are quite a few that feel down a little bit. We do have history, but trying to get us on any list in recent history is asinine. Although we are #4 in 20 years, we really have done anything for like 15 years. Yes we should have won back to back Big 12 titles in 2009 and 2010, but we didn't. Yes we are a bluebood, but we are falling rather rapidly, and 10 years is a pretty good gauge of who the current "bluebloods" (although that phrase doesn't work) are.
Blue bloods or whatever people call them are thought of as the programs that have been around for a long time. With a long tradition and history of success. It isn't just because you start winning games or have short term success.
Here is a good article that explains what a Blue Blood is. https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/blue-bloods-college-football/story?id=41650149 As the article said just because you are there doesn't mean you keep it aka Minnesota. Nebraska hasn't fallen out of it yet, as bad as some would like to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: wkato and 9and4
Since you all asked where UCF is. I'll answer your troll..we're 5-0 (undefeated). You already know where Nebraska is. I'm enjoying your tears and watching you die. Some of you are insufferable. UCF doesn't live in the past, because we are the future.

Quotation-Mike-Ditka-I-don-t-believe-in-living-in-the-past-Living-62-72-35.jpg
Lol, okay.

Since you all asked where UCF is. I'll answer your troll..we're 5-0 (undefeated). You already know where Nebraska is. I'm enjoying your tears and watching you die. Some of you are insufferable. UCF doesn't live in the past, because we are the future.

Quotation-Mike-Ditka-I-don-t-believe-in-living-in-the-past-Living-62-72-35.jpg

Who's Mike Ditka? Some guy from the past?

Blue bloods or whatever people call them are thought of as the programs that have been around for a long time. With a long tradition and history of success. It isn't just because you start winning games or have short term success.
Here is a good article that explains what a Blue Blood is. https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/blue-bloods-college-football/story?id=41650149 As the article said just because you are there doesn't mean you keep it aka Minnesota. Nebraska hasn't fallen out of it yet, as bad as some would like to believe.

I'm not arguing if Nebraska is a blue blood or not. What I am saying if you take a look at who the modern day teams are who are blue bloods or starting to have a great amount of success, Nebraska is not one of them. We were discussing the best modern teams, but finding a word to categorize them without using blue blood was hard.

Nebraska is a blue blood, but is not one of the top teams of the last 15 years. We've fallen a long way.

I'm not arguing if Nebraska is a blue blood or not. What I am saying if you take a look at who the modern day teams are who are blue bloods or starting to have a great amount of success, Nebraska is not one of them. We were discussing the best modern teams, but finding a word to categorize them without using blue blood was hard.

Nebraska is a blue blood, but is not one of the top teams of the last 15 years. We've fallen a long way.
Oh, ok I got it now. Yes I agree. These last 10 years have been very rough

9 game losing streak, but keep telling yourselves that you are blue blood if it makes you feel better about your dumpster fire of a program! Good luck against the Wildcats, they are calling it a toss up, you are moving up in the pecking order.

9 game losing streak, but keep telling yourselves that you are blue blood if it makes you feel better about your dumpster fire of a program! Good luck against the Wildcats, they are calling it a toss up, you are moving up in the pecking order.
FYI, we don’t need to tell ourselves... non-butthurt fans who are objective tell us this all the time. Non-butthurt journalists also say the same thing. Other Blue Blood programs’ fans who aren’t butthurt even tell us this. It’s nice to hear from other programs that respect Nebraska and their blue blood status.

Really, the only ones who disagree are butthurt UCF and / or Iowa fans.

So your presence in this thread shows your lack of intelligence.

Yes this thread is full of intelligence. My butt is fine, thanks for your concern.
Obviously your butt is very hurt. You continue to grace us with your foul presence and spew forth stupidity...

Nebraska isn’t good now and hasn’t been great for awhile. No arguments there. But for 40 years before that they built something you can only dream of. Call it history if you want. Others outside of Nebraska call it blue blood.

That chaps your A$$, but facts are facts. Can we lose our blue blood status? Sure... we very well could be the next Minnesota. But it hasn’t happened yet no matter what you think you know.

Soooooo, yeah...back to the original thread...

Yes, Nebraska is 100% a Blue Blood program.

Old School Blue Bloods:

Nebraska
Notre Dame
Texas
Penn State
Alabama
USC
Ohio State
Oklahoma

New School Blue Bloods:

LSU
Florida
Florida State
Auburn
Georgia
Miami

You can see the obvious movement in football success to the South in the last 30 years.

Miami? They're far from a blueblood.
What has Georgia won to make them a blueblood?
LSU is an iffy!

What is your point. If you think hot girls make a program successful you are an idiot.
736470.jpg
xYZj8MY7_400x400.jpg
358095.jpg
Geez you are dense! The pictures of hot girls are metaphors. Let me slow down and break this down for your literal, small, corn fed, little gold fish brain to comprehend....

the beautiful girl in the black and white picture is a metaphor for Nebraska when it was good. The ugly old lady is the 0-9 unattractive, loser Nebraska you are today....yet you still think you look like the hot girl on the left

The hot UCF girls are a metaphor for UCF being the current "hot" girl .......winners, attractive, the undefeated UCF Knights.

original-572969-2.jpg

Thank you for confirming you never graduated from Nebraska.

Lol, How can we not keep tabs on you. You dips are in here spouting off 100 times a day. Seems to me you guys are the ones obsessed with us.

You troll asking where UCF is on your little blueblood ("I want to stop crying and feel better because we suck" ) list.

Then you get your panties in a wad when a UCF fan answers your troll with UCF is undefeated. I'm here to answer your questions. You're welcome.
CommentPhotos.com_1406835955.jpg

You don't live in the past? really? really? So why is it you guys bring up your 2 New Years Day bowls, your pretend NC from last year, your undefeated season from last year? If you follow your own advice the only thing that matters is the game this week. Everything is the past.

I've never brought up our 2 New Year's bowls. I brought up our NC from last year in response to your assertion that UCF has and will never win a NC. Just stating a fact. Our NC is listed in the same NCAA source which recognizes Nebraska's NCs. If you negate our NC, you negate Nebraska's claim.

See, I can do the following also: Nebraska has never won a National Championship because there was no playoff at the time. They were placed in a bowl game by biased voters. There were more deserving teams which should have played in that game.

Therefore, Nebraska has no NCs. See how that works?

images

I've never brought up our 2 New Year's bowls. I brought up our NC from last year in response to your assertion that UCF has and will never win a NC. Just stating a fact. Our NC is listed in the same NCAA source which recognizes Nebraska's NCs. If you negate our NC, you negate Nebraska's claim.

See, I can do the following also: Nebraska has never won a National Championship because there was no playoff at the time. They were placed in a bowl game by biased voters. There were more deserving teams which should have played in that game.

images
Drugs are bad kids

Reactions: HuskAir and WHCSC

"The college sports governing body doesn’t list national champions, in part, because it doesn’t control the postseason format at the Football Bowl Subdivision level. Instead, the NCAA recognizes the teams that finish atop major polls.

Might want to use your reading skills a bit son. Did you even look at it or just start spouting off. Nowhere did it recognize UCF as NC. Simply lists them as 1 team who finished 1st in a major poll(there are 40 polls, Alabama got 39 UCF got 1) at the end of the year.
If we are going with your claim to NC. Clemson and Bama were NC in 2016, Alabama and ND in 2012, Alabama and Oklahoma st in 2011, Florida and Utah in 2008, LSU, Oklahoma and USC in 2003 ect. Thats not how NC works sunshine. With your logic we might as well claim Hillary as president because she received more votes.
One may think something is unfair or not right, but it is what it is. Just because someone is unhappy with a result doesn't mean they just make up their own rules to get what they want. Yes I know in today's society that actually is how people think it works. It doesn't . As of right now, in this moment, the NC is decided by the playoff system. Did UCF win the playoff?

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
Well 90Knight I quess your thoughts have no validity. The Nebraska fans have pointed out that you are on drugs and your mother is of questionable integrity. Good day sir.

yep...another Nebraska fan who can't recognize a winner.
Couldn’t stop laughing when I read this.

After the very informative lesson on metaphors, you completely missed the irony that was loaded into the post from WCHSC...

All throughout this thread UCF fan is telling Nebraska fan the past doesn’t matter and to live in the present... and so when UCF fan posts a pic of Ditka from ages ago, WCHSC has some fun with it. And you totally missed it.

Obviously you didn’t graduate from UCF or anywhere else...

Last edited:
Couldn’t stop laughing when I read this.

After the very informative lesson on metaphors, you completely missed the irony that was loaded into the post from WCHSC...

All throughout this thread UCF fan is telling Nebraska fan the post doesn’t matter and to live in the present... and so when UCF fan posts a pic of Ditka from ages ago, WCHSC has some fun with it. And you totally missed it.

Obviously you didn’t graduate from UCF or anywhere else...
If the team that I pulled for was on a 9 game losing streak I would be doing less laughing! But hey what ever gets you through the day.

If the team that I pulled for was on a 9 game losing streak I would be doing less laughing! But hey what ever gets you through the day.

I just shake my head in disbelief and try to figure out other ways to salvage the weekend.

PqcLia8.jpg

Reactions: Debitage
What can I say? I actually have a life outside of football. Sounds like you don’t, and I pity you for it.

And laughing at idiots, while not politically correct, is fun. I’ve been doing a lot of laughing lately.

Laughing at idiots trolling your team, is only feeding the beast! No pity needed for me, but thanks for the concern.

Laughing at idiots trolling your team, is only feeding the beast! No pity needed for me, but thanks for the concern.
How so? When you guys are clueless idiots and we laugh at you, that feeds you?

You need my pity more than you realize.

images
Give it up, dumbshit, ucf wasn't the real national champion. I know your three degrees from ucf community college with its 60,000 plus online students makes you think you're smart, but your 60 IQ comes through loud and clear every time you post. But thanks for the laughs, your stupidity and ignorance is quite funny.

Might want to use your reading skills a bit son. Did you even look at it or just start spouting off. Nowhere did it recognize UCF as NC. Simply lists them as 1 team who finished 1st in a major poll(there are 40 polls, Alabama got 39 UCF got 1) at the end of the year.
If we are going with your claim to NC. Clemson and Bama were NC in 2016, Alabama and ND in 2012, Alabama and Oklahoma st in 2011, Florida and Utah in 2008, LSU, Oklahoma and USC in 2003 ect. Thats not how NC works sunshine. With your logic we might as well claim Hillary as president because she received more votes.

"The college sports governing body doesn’t list national champions, in part, because it doesn’t control the postseason format at the Football Bowl Subdivision level. Instead, the NCAA recognizes the teams that finish atop major polls.

He's a ucf three degree guy, so his 60 IQ makes him a bit dense. But he might be smarter than most online students from ucf. Laughing

He's a ucf three degree guy, so his 60 IQ makes him a bit dense. But he might be smarter than most online students from ucf. Laughing
LMAO...You sir are an idiot and were lucky enough to get your GED at some farmhouse. Nebraska fan actually bringing up academics? UCF acceptance 50% vice Nebraska at 64%. Sure, Nebraska has a ton more football tradition, but don't take academic shots at UCF. I supervised a NU alum and she was as smart as a box of rocks. I eventually fired her.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/ucf-3954

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-nebraska-2565

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT