ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite John Hughes film

There's only one right answer here...Mr. Mom, I'll accept Weird Science or Vacation or Sixteen Candles though.

Of the films he been involved with, Drillbit Taylor, Uncle Buck, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, original Vacation and Xmas Vacation.

1 National Lampoon's Vacation
2 Sixteen Candles
3 She's Having A Baby (Extremely underrated movie)
4 Pretty In Pink
5 Breakfast Club
6 Planes, Trains, And Automobiles
7 Some Kind Of Wonderful
8 Weird Science
9 Ferris Bueller's Day Off
10 Uncle Buck
11 Career Opportunities
12 Mr Mom

Gotta be Home Alone. People will still be watching that 20 years from now. The others probably not.

JauntyBewitchedBirdofparadise-max-1mb.gif

07a68024ea168c13176d1cbd749000e5.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

AjarBonyAmericanmarten-size_restricted.gif

source.gif

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Lol. Mernards guy. Never thought of that but you are right. “Where is my Automoebeal”? Long Duk Dong laughs ... still drunk and tells Menards Guy grandpa...”Your Automobeal?”. Damn that was 36 years ago.

quiche?

how do you spell it?

You don't spell it son, you eat it.

Probably one of the best movie writers of all time. Dude captured the voice of teenagers and young people of the 80's.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Seems like one of Hughes greatest gifts was finding the perfect soundtrack for his films..some of the artists like Lindsey Buckingham in Vacation who yes was famous for his play with Fleetwood Mac, had a great song nobody ever would have heard if it wasn't for Vacation...the songs he used at the ends of several movies were a perfect match for the mood. Man he was gifted.

When Menards guy
No more yanky my wanky, the donger needs food!!!!!
When the Menards guy Grandpa is on the phone to report Long Duk Dongs disappearance. “He was wearing a red, arguile sweater with yellow pants and....huh..what? No he’s no retarded.”

1. Vacation - "You thirsty kids!"
2. Christmas Vacation - "Eddie I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet"
3. Planes Trains and Automobiles - "Those aren't Pillows!"
4. Breakfast Club - (The Soundtrack)
5. Dutch - "I have a problem because I told your mother I'd pick you up.. And you have a problem because the last guy that punched me has a dent in his forehead the size of my pinky ring, and he dribbles when he smiles"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT