ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite “break out” player for 2021

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
I’m just going to throw a few names in the ring to get this “dedicated to the boredom” topic started:

I wanna see Sevion Morrison come out on fire.
Turner Corcoran- out of necessity.
WR is tough, but I’m gonna say Toure needs to be our guy since I have little confidence Manning makes it on the field at this point. Betts is a close second.

If 2020 was his break out, I think Luke Reimer breaks more in 2021.
Maybe a bit far fetched, but would like to see Jimari Butler make a splash off the edge... or Blaise Gunnerson or Javin Wright.
Going on a limb, I’ll pick Jordan Riley to surprise us on DL.
I say Braxton Clark becomes solid #1 CB.

@spartanhusker

Wonder if we will ever find out what Manning’s “injury” was/is

I think we’ll see a rb step up. Hopefully they open things up for our intermediate passing game.

I can’t help it. I want Omar to be awesome
Frost had some comments recently that just didn’t give me the vibe he was feeling very confident about Manning becoming a factor.
It was basically the skeptical “we hope to get him healthy enough to play for us.”

Reactions: CatColumbia
A center capable of snapping the football. I cannot stress this enough. If NU trots out a center unable to snap accurately the entire staff and the AD should be fired at halftime of the first game.

Offensive line. With the lead weight of the last three/four years finally gone, I believe they are poised to make a leap forward.

martinez, I think this will be the year it starts clicking for him, where he hits the passes and gets chunks running. which backs off the pass rush, and makes everyone's job across the board easier...sometimes there is vast improvement between a jr and senior year

I’m just going to throw a few names in the ring to get this “dedicated to the boredom” topic started:

I wanna see Sevion Morrison come out on fire.
Turner Corcoran- out of necessity.
WR is tough, but I’m gonna say Toure needs to be our guy since I have little confidence Manning makes it on the field at this point. Betts is a close second.

If 2020 was his break out, I think Luke Reimer breaks more in 2021.
Maybe a bit far fetched, but would like to see Jimari Butler make a splash off the edge... or Blaise Gunnerson or Javin Wright.
Going on a limb, I’ll pick Jordan Riley to surprise us on DL.
I say Braxton Clark becomes solid #1 CB.

@spartanhusker
I’m hoping Omar Manning. A LOT of physical talent. NFL talent. And Neb hadn’t had a lot of that lately.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I’m learning toward Morrison on offense and Braxton Clark on defense, was hearing good things about both before injury’s and Covid cases..

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT