ADVERTISEMENT

Fav play last year

Just to throw a twist on the idea, I’ll go with Rutgers kick return for TD by Aron Cruickshank who also ran one back against us when he played at Wisky. That and our turnover debacle almost resulted in an L against Rutgers.

I say this because I hope it was the final straw after many blunders during his tenure to show Frost that he better take special teams more seriously.
Not sure getting rid of analyst Ruteledge and putting Dawson in charge is the answer, but at least they’re starting each practice with special teams.

Frost is the head man, and we won’t win games in the B1G with sub-par special teams. He gets paid to make it work.

I enjoyed Betts going 45 yards on the jet toss to the house. After watching him in person in high school it was great to see some beautiful blocking for him on that play.
then touched the ball, what, 6 more times all season?

pretty awesome job by everyone involved in the offense IMO

Reactions: Lincoln100
Just to throw a twist on the idea, I’ll go with Rutgers kick return for TD by Aron Cruickshank who also ran one back against us when he played at Wisky. That and our turnover debacle almost resulted in an L against Rutgers.

I say this because I hope it was the final straw after many blunders during his tenure to show Frost that he better take special teams more seriously.
Not sure getting rid of analyst Ruteledge and putting Dawson in charge is the answer, but at least they’re starting each practice with special teams.

Frost is the head man, and we won’t win games in the B1G with sub-par special teams. He gets paid to make it work.

Watched #90 punting yesterday. He was bombing them, high and long. Looked like a big guy too who would not be afraid to make a tackel

My favorite play last year was a fake to Mills who was then the lead blocker into the end zone for 2am. Don't know that I ever saw that play again.

I would be less surprised if a story broke about frost having an extramarital affair with AM than I would be by a Husker team taking care of the ball, reducing penalties and turning special teams into a net positive in '21

• Haha
Reactions: HominidHusker
Oddly one of my least favorite plays resulted in a TD that helped up beat a bad team. The Huskers were looking like old school 90's running the ball while running Mills down Rutgers throat as the game went on. Mills was kicking their ass. He said after the game they acted like they didn't want to tackle him the more the game progressed. The Huskers were deep in their territory while employing this strategy and Scotty went to his go to trustee guy to punch run a gimmick play from about two yards out. 160 pound Wandale. I don't remember the exact play but Wandale took the toss and only had to beat one guy between him and the goal line. He met the guy and was blown up by the LB as they crossed the goal line by about two inches. Mills would have murdered this guy doing the exact same play. I am probably way off on the details, but hopefully not too much. A lot of the problems last year and others is Scotty getting WAY too cute when a sledgehammer is required and will work just fine.

*I went back and watched some highlights and saw it was a 4th down play early in the 2nd quarter. My bad.

I enjoyed Betts going 45 yards on the jet toss to the house. After watching him in person in high school it was great to see some beautiful blocking for him on that play.
i think i liked this play as good as any. betts looked like a manchild out there playing against boys. hoping he gets at least 3-4 balls thrown his way in each game this year. i think betts could play well against anyone and can just get better.

First half of the Penn St and Purdue games were fun. I'd say majority of top plays were in those two games alone. I'll also give a nod to the third play of the season with the 47-yard run by McCaffery on the counter. Just completely unexpected and all the hype around him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT