Fauci the fraud, the leaks have begun

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
It's sad that 5 months into 21' we still have completely retarded shit like this.

Since March of 20' it has been known that masks are for stopping people infected from spreading. NOT to protect the wearer from infection.

Their main purpose is to stop 4-6.5micron(iirc) sized droplets expelled when talking, coughing, sneezing, etc. These size drops don't fall fast enough and can dehydrate in the air making them into an aerosol that will linger 100x longer than a non aerosolized droplet.

Really you have to be willfully ignorant at this point to say "I don't want protection so I don't wear one".
I fully understand the science and what you're saying. Don't disagree with any of it. And I hate to be cliche, but it's only "my body, my choice" when it's something you want. You can't make me scared to get sick if I'm not scared. That simple.

It's not ignorant, it's a choice. I fully understand.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I fully understand the science and what you're saying. Don't disagree with any of it. And I hate to be cliche, but it's only "my body, my choice" when it's something you want. You can't make me scared to get sick if I'm not scared. That simple.

It isn't your body. You take your infected body into places where other people's bodies are. We are trying to remain open. So long as the diseased bodies refuse to take basic steps to help mitigate the spread, it moves much easier, keeping pressure up on the medical system, people end up with 'long haul' symptoms, people end up dying.. because you are trying to suggest some bullshit.

A seatbelt? Yep, your body your choice. You get in a bad accident .. you die without wearing it. You not wearing it doesn't kill anyone else. Especially pre-vax, when you take your infected body into Walmart you could be very well spreading it to someone else that could die.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014

I look at it like smoking.

I'm a fvcking idiot that smokes but I'm not going to make others inhale my 2nd hand. Personally I hated masks but they are what they are.

Like most things they were above the Repubs "worthless or harmful" and below the libs "they'll save us all"

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
I look at it like smoking.

I'm a fvcking idiot that smokes but I'm not going to make others inhale my 2nd hand. Personally I hated masks but they are what they are.

Like most things they were above the Repubs "worthless or harmful" and below the libs "they'll save us all"
It got to the point where I just wore a mask cause I was sick of hearing about it from my pregnant wife. I understood the reasoning, and just got over it and did it because it wasn’t the end of the world.

FWIW, I was never in the standard pub group of COVID being a hoax. It was always really just as simple as I was never afraid of it, and I’m still not afraid of it. I got vaccinated due to outside pressures, and I got tired of hearing about that too.

So, it’s not that I’m anti-anything. I’m not. I was just never scared of it

Reactions: nelsonj22

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
It isn't your body. You take your infected body into places where other people's bodies are. We are trying to remain open. So long as the diseased bodies refuse to take basic steps to help mitigate the spread, it moves much easier, keeping pressure up on the medical system, people end up with 'long haul' symptoms, people end up dying.. because you are trying to suggest some bullshit.

A seatbelt? Yep, your body your choice. You get in a bad accident .. you die without wearing it. You not wearing it doesn't kill anyone else. Especially pre-vax, when you take your infected body into Walmart you could be very well spreading it to someone else that could die.
You’re assuming I ever got sick. The only time I ever felt like shit, May-ish, went and got tested and was negative. Just wasn’t going to put my life on hold and hide inside when I felt fine day in and day out. Eventually wore a mask. Being scared just isn’t how I’m built. I won’t apologize for me being me

Reactions: Bobfather

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
It got to the point where I just wore a mask cause I was sick of hearing about it from my pregnant wife. I understood the reasoning, and just got over it and did it because it wasn’t the end of the world.

FWIW, I was never in the standard pub group of COVID being a hoax. It was always really just as simple as I was never afraid of it, and I’m still not afraid of it. I got vaccinated due to outside pressures, and I got tired of hearing about that too.

So, it’s not that I’m anti-anything. I’m not. I was just never scared of it
I wasn't scared of it after the middle of Feb is when they came out with "no kids have died in China". Now out here in BFE we have a metric f ton of old people.

I wore one so I could honestly say I didn't kill someone vulnerable to be "comfortable"

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
I like all the conspiracy theory talk, when Fauci was having Zuckerberg silence studies that went against his BS! You noticed in Fauci emails he never talked about treatments, only preventive and vaccines, but they banned meds that worked along with studies.

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
I wasn't scared of it after the middle of Feb is when they came out with "no kids have died in China". Now out here in BFE we have a metric f ton of old people.

I wore one so I could honestly say I didn't kill someone vulnerable to be "comfortable"
Genuine question for where you're at given it's BFE, did people actually wear masks or no? I know BFE that I go around they don't.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
You’re assuming I ever got sick. The only time I ever felt like shit, May-ish, went and got tested and was negative. Just wasn’t going to put my life on hold and hide inside when I felt fine day in and day out. Eventually wore a mask. Being scared just isn’t how I’m built. I won’t apologize for me being me

Many cases were asymptomatic. And it wasn't about being 'scared' of it. I was also not living in fear. I also didn't like wearing a mask. But I also knew that I could be carrying it and not know it. There are people out and about that are carrying and not know it, others carrying it with mild symptoms and claim allergies in denial, and all kinds of things outside of our control. I didn't hide inside but I also tried to follow guidance. Took the boat out, picked up carry out vs dine in, did the drive up to hy vee for groceries, things of the sort. Wore a mask, tried to stay 6 foot away without being weird about it, and eventually got vaccinated. I never put my life on hold, I just did things a little different for awhile.

I think doing things a little different for awhile was all that was being asked of us and then get vaccinated. But no, AM radio and Fox News have to make it this grand conspiracy about the government locking you in your home. That the vaccine was some magnet 5g chip. Etc. Nobody asking you to not be you, nobody asking for apologies, nobody suggesting you should be scared. Just do these things different so we can get this under control. Is what the CDC suggested during the Trump administration with transition into the Biden administration.

Reactions: Lar Gand

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
Many cases were asymptomatic. And it wasn't about being 'scared' of it. I was also not living in fear. I also didn't like wearing a mask. But I also knew that I could be carrying it and not know it. There are people out and about that are carrying and not know it, others carrying it with mild symptoms and claim allergies in denial, and all kinds of things outside of our control. I didn't hide inside but I also tried to follow guidance. Took the boat out, picked up carry out vs dine in, did the drive up to hy vee for groceries, things of the sort. Wore a mask, tried to stay 6 foot away without being weird about it, and eventually got vaccinated. I never put my life on hold, I just did things a little different for awhile.

I think doing things a little different for awhile was all that was being asked of us and then get vaccinated. But no, AM radio and Fox News have to make it this grand conspiracy about the government locking you in your home. That the vaccine was some magnet 5g chip. Etc. Nobody asking you to not be you, nobody asking for apologies, nobody suggesting you should be scared. Just do these things different so we can get this under control. Is what the CDC suggested during the Trump administration with transition into the Biden administration.
For the record I eventually ended up doing everything you mentioned in the 1st paragraph minus the boat because I don't have one.

Reactions: lolwat

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Genuine question for where you're at given it's BFE, did people actually wear masks or no? I know BFE that I go around they don't.
Griswold IA and the older folks started to around Nov when 25% of the nursing home died and the obituaries on Jerry deets out of red oak took up a 20 minute drive. The younger ones did for awhile its kind of ebbed and flowed

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
Griswold IA and the older folks started to around Nov when 25% of the nursing home died and the obituaries on Jerry deets out of red oak took up a 20 minute drive. The younger ones did for awhile its kind of ebbed and flowed
Yeah. Went to visit my grandparents elderly living facility, it's an apartment complex" a few weeks ago for mother's day combined with my grandma's birthday and masks are still required until you get in the rooms. It's whatever at this point. My grandparents can live the complex whenever they please so they're thrilled about that.