ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci: Back to saying No Football in the Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
F... Fauci!!
“...football may not happen this fall”.
There is nothing controversial or political about this. He is stating what is blatantly obvious. If there is a second wave that coincides with Influenza in the fall, hospitals will not have enough ICU beds. How about we all do the one simple thing that could increase the odds of football and keep the economy open: wear a mask when you are out in public.

Fauci’s direct reports and chain of command all fall within the executive branch.

Reactions: TheBigMick
Well I appreciate much of what Fauci does but I also take everything he says with a huge grain of salt. He's reversed himself more than once already.

I also condemn his first statement on not promoting the wearing of masks because he really wanted to avoid a run on masks to protect the supply for healthcare workers. That was hugely misleading IMO when he just could have promoted homemade masks from the very beginning, explained the supply situation and saved who knows how many lives. Unforgiveable approach for a healthcare professional to mislead the public like that.

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.
We are collectively doing a really poor job with handling the virus. The state of Nebraska came out with all sorts of rules for baseball and softball to follow. And it was stated here locally that how well that went would determine if sports would continue in the fall.

Well, last week what did I see on Facebook? Softball teams from Nebraska playing down in KC all gathered together for pics. Acting as if nothing was wrong. I figured that the summer coaches would take the guidelines more seriously and here we are forgetting about it on day one!

We are collectively doing a really poor job with handling the virus. The state of Nebraska came out with all sorts of rules for baseball and softball to follow. And it was stated here locally that how well that went would determine if sports would continue in the fall.

Well, last week what did I see on Facebook? Softball teams from Nebraska playing down in KC all gathered together for pics. Acting as if nothing was wrong. I figured that the summer coaches would take the guidelines more seriously and here we are forgetting about it on day one!

Really hard to take it serious anymore, most people are so over this. So many hypocritical stances from everyone all over the country, the battle is lost. Time to move on. I read about a car show out east this weekend expecting a 100K people and the organizers basically told their elected officials who don't want them to do it, to shove it, we're doing it. I hope we see more of this.

They discussed this at great length on Fresh Air yesterday. That discussion was with Dr. Michael Osterholm, who is the head of a disease research center at the University of Minnesota and has been an expert that has been on a lot of podcasts and interview shows, from Fresh Air to Joe Rogan. Here are his updates:

1.) It is HIGHLY unlikely that you can get this from a surface. It's possible, but so unlikely that you might as well just ignore the risk. Wash your hands, be mindful, but don't worry too much about it.

2.) This virus travels via the aerosol of another human. Their spit-cloud. Apparently, the most surefire way to get it is to be indoors with a person who has it, as their aerosol starts to increase in the closed air environment, so too do your odds of getting this virus.

3.) Masks are extremely important in cutting down the aerosol everyone projects. That's why they are learning so much about how we should all be wearing them.

4.) The protests in the cities started two weeks ago, but we haven't seen a large spike in cases, and we should have by now. The idea here is that being outdoors really, really helps. The fresh air "dilutes" the virus particles, making it harder to be hit with an infection-level dose of it.

Take-aways: Sports in stadiums with physical distancing might work, full-contact sports are very risky due to the proximity everyone gets into, and until we either reach "virus dying out"-level lack of spread, heard immunity, or a vaccine (a short-cut to heard immunity), this is the world we live in. The virus doesn't give a shit about politics.

This dude and other "experts" have been way wrong on this from the start. I wouldn't trust much of what he says. Where has he been the last month with all these rioters and protesters in flocked together by the 10s of thousands?

"Fauci said that while he understands why people feel compelled to attend protests, spreading the contagious respiratory disease at such large-scale events poses a real threat."

Coronavirus: Fauci says attending rallies or protests is 'risky' as Trump plans return to campaign trail

Dr. Fauci can say what he thinks, but he doesn't make rules. It's funny to me that people treat a comment from him as if he's the one that decides such things. If he had his way, states wouldn't have opened up as quick as they did, but they didn't listen to him. He just has an opinion.

Last edited:
Avoid crowds, avoid small enclosed spaces, wear a mask when around others. Its not that hard. Americans, in general, are too selfish and arrogant to have this thing beat by now. It's all about me me me.

With that said I agree with others and don't take Fauci seriously. Football should and will take place this fall. I also don't buy any 2nd wave bs.

translation ... if I get it and end up disabled or die so be it ... at least I will find solace in knowing I took a number of other people down with me
0b02308c1f4f015191262a61df83c552.jpg

Reactions: Antwill and OzzyLvr
Did you miss the memo where protesting racism and protesting public safety are not equal?
I don't think they were protesting public safety. If we are going to allow the economy and businesses to crash and burn, political BLM protests shouldn't be allowed either.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Fauci sure doesn't want to lose his 15 minutes of fame. He flip flops more than Jamire Calvin

Yeah I'm pretty sure we just had the "test run" for football this fall. It was when we had thousands of protesters in the streets arm-to-arm. Thanks for the memories, Fausti.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Fauci sure doesn't want to lose his 15 minutes of fame. He flip flops more than Jamire Calvin

Yes, because a sign of leadership is ignoring new information, digging your heels in and steering directly into the iceberg for the entire thing to go down. He has served our country and Presidents from both sides for decades, but suddenly is some attention grabber?

you can come up with any number you want to come up with to try to minimize what the virus is but the only numbers that really matter are deaths and hospitalizations. 125,000 people have died. that's not a small number. what is that the equivalent to 100 DDay invasions? and we're just beginning

If people really want FB and other sports to return, they would be acting differently than they currently are at present.
States that either stayed open or had it bad early are now seeing cases go down. States that closed down prematurely are now seeing their cases shoot up. It seems the virus has to work its way through some subset of the population before you can start seeing a downward trend.

Haircut? No
Gym? No
Church? No
CFB? No

Rioting and pot stores, yes.

Feel like I wake up in the bizzaro world every day since this thing hit..
bizzaro world? what is difficult to understand about those things? haircuts require close contact. gyms result in close contact. church results in close contact. sitting in large groups are close contact. we know close contact is the easiest way to get infected. why would there be any question about those activities being frowned upon? and no one in the country recommended rioting. so that's easy to understand as well. what's the hard part to understand? that you don't care about how anybody else feels as much as you care about your hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT