ADVERTISEMENT

Fastest Player on the Field

I think he might have actually been the fastest player on the 95 team. Jay Sims may have been the fastest running back according to 40 time. I That's saying a lot considering Green, Phillips, Childs, and Benning were all 4.4 guys (Green was 4.3).
LP was a 4.3 guy

I think he might have actually been the fastest player on the 95 team. Jay Sims may have been the fastest running back according to 40 time. I That's saying a lot considering Green, Phillips, Childs, and Benning were all 4.4 guys (Green was 4.3).

Childs and Benning were not 4.4 guys.

Holla

Difference between 40 speed and football speed.

QB - Taylor Martinez, Eric Crouch
RB - LP all day, Ahman, Roy Helu, special consideration for Dan Alexander

Nah....mid 4.4 guy. Think his fastest time at NU was 4.47.

One of those guys who played faster than he timed imo. I always knew Ahman was faster but to me LP game speed was faster than Ahmans was.

Holla
You can not discount the rage factor in how hard LP ran. At his size, he had an amazing ability to see a hole, cut and either outrun you or give you a hip and just keep going.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
He's in an elite group with Bo, Joey, Darrell Green and Deion.

Randy Moss was faster than all of them

ETA: Bo and Moss would be possibly the best 60m dash ever

Last edited:
Randy Moss was faster than all of them

ETA: Bo and Moss would be possibly the best 60m dash ever
Thats a fun race to think about. Bo blows randy away in the 40 but randy, with that long stride takes the 100. Where are they at 60 or 70?

You can not discount the rage factor in how hard LP ran. At his size, he had an amazing ability to see a hole, cut and either outrun you or give you a hip and just keep going.

No question. LP was still the best Husker RB ever for me. He was so natural as a runner. I remember watching the 93 orange bowl against FSU and thinking if he had played the entire game I think we win it. Calvin Jones was a good running back. But by that time ALREADY LP was better imo.

Holla

Ahman was a great running back for NU, but I just never quite saw the football speed to match the 40 time. He may actually have been better in the NFL than at NU. LP had agility and burst and exploded downfield. No question in my mind that if LP plays the whole game against FSU in the 94 Orange Bowl it's a win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT