ADVERTISEMENT

Fastest Player on the Field

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
The two that stand out in my memory are Dana Brinson and Fabian Washington. Both were 4.3 40 guys.

I forgot Ahman Green. But he didn't seem to quite play as fast as his 40 time would indicate.

My kid did 6.9 60 which is 4.6 40 4.2 is sick! He does baseball workouts, Trout is 6.5 60

I remember watching Brinson field a punt during a spring game, he started toward the sideline then suddenly cut upfield. It was startling how quick he was. One of those moments where you say to yourself, holy crap did I see that correctly.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Thanks for sharing that video...well worth the watch.

I was in Manhattan when Taylor Martinez had his coming out party in front of a national audience on ESPN. The running lanes were huge that night and Martinez definitely took advantage of them!!

Martinez might have had the fastest acceleration of any player. Seems like it took two steps to be going full speed. Also, I agree, until the injury I never saw him caught from behind.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Riley Washington was pretty fast
I think he might have actually been the fastest player on the 95 team. Jay Sims may have been the fastest running back according to 40 time. I That's saying a lot considering Green, Phillips, Childs, and Benning were all 4.4 guys (Green was 4.3).

Reactions: TravisWalker
https://www.thesportster.com/football/fastest-forty-yard-dash-times-in-nfl-history/

Ahman Green, 4.17 Seconds. Ahman Green played 12 seasons in the NFL and is the all-time leading rusher in Green Bay Packers history. The Seahawks drafted Green in the third round of the 1998 draft, but after struggling to earn playing time behind Ricky Watters, he was traded to the Packers. Green is one of only two players to have two rushing touchdowns of over 90 yards (the other is also on this list). After leaving the Packers, Green joined the Houston Texans. His best years were behind him at that point.
Ahman has the 5th fastest 40 in NFL history. Case closed. Bo Jackson. He is the other player along with Ahman Green to have two rushing touchdowns of over 90 yards.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT