ADVERTISEMENT

Farnoik decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
Anyone know when he is deciding for sure? Last I had heard he said he wanted to make a decision in the near future? Has Riley scheduled an in-home with him? I think it comes down to us and Iowa. Really hope this kid is N.

Hopefully he announces this weekend he is N after the Riley in home. But if he waits until signing day I'm okay with that too.

It'll probably come down to signing day for him and Jackson. Monday at the earliest I would think.

Gathered some more information in regards to Jackson & Farniok.

Looks like Jackson has shared with some Iowa guys he's going there. Also, he is unsure of visiting any others this weekend (may cancel scheduled Nebraska trip & not go anywhere else).

Farniok has tipped his hand towards Iowa players that he will commit there.

Noah Fant is actually the one that's most in the air (no surprise).

Last edited:

Looks like Jackson has shared with some Iowa guys he's going there.

Wrong. Other than Fant who pissed off Iowa coaches.

I'm not implying anything, but it's really strange to me that a good football player like Farnoik would consider playing football at Iowa when he has offers to play elsewhere.

Reactions: Bremser
I'm not implying anything, but it's really strange to me that a good football player like Farnoik would consider playing football at Iowa when he has offers to play elsewhere.

Iowa has had a great track record in developing and putting Offensive Lineman in the NFL. They have had a few 1st round picks in the past few years. I still hope that he chooses Nebraska but I don't think that it should be a surprise that Iowa is being considered.

Would you want to do to a school that just went to the rose bowl or a school that just went 6-7

Would you want to do to a school that just went to the rose bowl or a school that just went 6-7
You make a valid argument, but it's not just about last year. By most accounts, Nebraska is trending up for next year. Nebraska's history and tradition is second to none, not to mention facilities that rival anything else.

Yes, if it's just about what happened this past season, Iowa would be quite appealing. But it wouldn't take much for any opposing coaches to remind recruits how Iowa was one season earlier, and the year before that, and the year before that...

Reactions: arf_man

Yeah only most recruits are smarter than that and know Iowah's season was fake.
Which is why you have a Shitty recruiting class not indicative at all of the great record and Rose Bowl birth.

Must suck, the greatest season in your history and yet you can't beat out a 6-7 team in the recruiting rankings.

Yeah only most recruits are smarter than that and know Iowah's season was fake.
Which is why you have a Shitty recruiting class not indicative at all of the great record and Rose Bowl birth.

Must suck, the greatest season in your history and yet you can't beat out a 6-7 team in the recruiting rankings.
Iowa was pretty much done with 95% of their recruiting class by the time the season started. 2017 is where this past seasons success will be paying dividends.

As noted above, Iowa has way more OL linemen drafted then Nebraska and Reilly combined. So it's not a dead end for OL recruits.

Iowa was pretty much done with 95% of their recruiting class by the time the season started. 2017 is where this past seasons success will be paying dividends.

As noted above, Iowa has way more OL linemen drafted then Nebraska and Reilly combined. So it's not a dead end for OL recruits.
No, Iowa has been dead for so long, it's a lost cause for any position.

Are you high on meth? Huskers at 57, Iowa at 44. That's not even counting OL Riley had drafted, since you said combined.

Colleges with most NFL draft picks by position

Offensive linemen -- Notre Dame (63)

Just missed: USC (58); Nebraska and Penn State (57 apiece); Michigan (50); Boston College (48); Oklahoma (46); Ohio State (45); Iowa (44); Wisconsin (43)

Looks like Jackson has shared with some Iowa guys he's going there. Also, he is unsure of visiting any others this weekend (may cancel scheduled Nebraska trip & not go anywhere else).

RollingLaughLaughing:rolleyes:

Would you rather go to a school who is trending up, or go to a school that won't have another decent season for 4-5 years? Oh there are also things like tradition, fan support, and all of those other things that Nebraska has. Nice try though little guy.

Are you high on meth? Huskers at 57, Iowa at 44. That's not even counting OL Riley had drafted, since you said combined.

Colleges with most NFL draft picks by position

Offensive linemen -- Notre Dame (63)

Just missed: USC (58); Nebraska and Penn State (57 apiece); Michigan (50); Boston College (48); Oklahoma (46); Ohio State (45); Iowa (44); Wisconsin (43)
My apologies. I meant during the Ferentz era. I read yesterday that Kirk has had the same amount of 1st round picks at the OL position as Reilly has overall linemen. 4.

Another obsessed Iowah fan stalking the NU message boards.
They should start charging the Iowah fans admission here. They would make a healthy profit.

I guess the daily talk over at the Iowah boards about your trophyless
magical season is getting kind of boring though.Totally understandable.
Hmmm trophyless lets see ,Iowa State,Wisconsin,Minnesota,NEBRASKS,BIG WeST.So thanks but the trophy case is FULL.

Hmmm trophyless lets see ,Iowa State,Wisconsin,Minnesota,NEBRASKS,BIG WeST.So thanks but the trophy case is FULL.

Except that spot where the national championships trophies go. That spot is bare and collecting dust.

regardless of what the final ranking might be - this recruiting class will be a big incomplete if we fail to land a true OT prospect (and that is ignoring the fact that that there are no DTs) - we have all of our eggs in one basket with Farniok. - really too late for any contingency plans

Please someone post some pictures, notice that's plural because it will take more than one, of our trophy case for this jackwad.

And hawkscox1 you can post us a picture of your tiny little trophy case.

562fa1004e9a3.image.jpg

Here's one photo I could find, not sure if there are others.

They must put their rivalry trophies on display somewhere else.

This comment is sooooooooooo Io_a.... Thanks for the laugh.
No kidding, In fact, it took me awhile to figure out what he was talking about. He is really bragging about their rivalry trophies? The trophies they get to keep for one year(and none of which they had last year)? Wow-talk about pathetic. The truth is they had their best season in years, and all they really have to show for it is a B1G West trophy-the same thing we got in 2012(yes it was the Legends Division, but it's essentially the same thing).

The 90's were kind to Nebraska, there's no question about that one!

The 90s? The 90s were a dynasty. Iowa fans can only dream of such a run.

If you think the 90s are all Nebraska has...we top the country in wins, and winning percentage over the past 50 years. Iowa isn't even Top 50. The history and tradition between the schools isn't even a comparison.

I don't reside on either side of the fence, just a guy from the west coast (now Omaha) who likes to talk sports.

Just saying, it was a heck of a run in the 90's there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT