ADVERTISEMENT

Farniok to 'Enter Draft'

No reason to bag on the guy now
Agreed. Matt worked hard to help turn the program around, but with disappointing results. It’s not his fault if we didn’t have anyone better.

He also didn’t quit. He stood in front of the press after tough losses. He was the vocal leader for the room when we lacked OL leaders.

I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

Aww shucks.. BIG MISS (not) this will help and hopefully this can just get Lutvosky onto the field quicker

Gates I thought had no chance in the NFL. Starting center, and wasn't that bad. That shows how much I know

I really liked what I saw of Nick Gates this year. Center won't have to be draft priority for a few years for the NYG.
He's one of those centers that can snap and pull. Physically, he did just fine against big NFL defensive tackles.

I wish the same for Matt Farniok.

I hope he has a great pro career, but I'm happy we get to see what our young talent could do. Wilson and Farniok were the poor performers for the year and it is probably better they move on.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Good luck to Mr Farniak.

As far as next year...I favor the Nouili & Piper pair to win out. I agree with the idea that it also could be Corcoran&Piper with Banks at OT. Bando or Hixon opposite Piper round out the contenders. I'm thinking that Ezra Miller will primarily be trained at RT to back up Benhart.

I hope he earned a degree in something that he wants to do for a career. He might catch on a practice squad for a couple of years, and good for him if he can. But, it is clear we need more than what he brought out of our line.

He's a big boy who works hard. That gives him a shot. I'd say his best shot is if he continues to practice snapping and shows he can play center. If you compare him to Gates, I don't think Farniok has as quick of feet. A NFL career is a longshot, but I'm sure he'll get a free agent offer and can collect a few bucks before he moves on to a regular life.

Reactions: WHCSC
Does little bro transfer?
If he wants to play he might want to.
Yeah playing in the NFL seems like a very long shot for Farniok...but I didn't think Gates would amount to much either...
I thought Gates had a chance to play. The last guy though that I thought would make at least an NFL practice squad was Tanner Farmer. Some of it sometimes I think is just being in the right place at the right time when an injury happens in camp.

Reactions: Catch50
If he wants to play he might want to.

I thought Gates had a chance to play. The last guy though that I thought would make at least an NFL practice squad was Tanner Farmer. Some of it sometimes I think is just being in the right place at the right time when an injury happens in camp.

True. The Giants have been weak in the o-line for years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT