ADVERTISEMENT

Farmer, conrad, Young

huskerfan1414

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014
Ive been a farmer fan but he got benched in the 4th and deserved it.
Conrad just isnt good enough.
And diedrek young was the sole reason troy scored their last td. The qb draw on 3rd down was his fault and the td was his being out of position after the motion.
Honas made a bad play on the first td but played well after that.

Those three players, imo, played the worst today. We win with better interior line and LB play. You shouldnt need martinez to beat troy.

Decker was a leader on the OL before injury last season. If he had returned to play this year our OL would not only gained because of his experience his leadership would have been a huge difference. We need that same thing on defense. Right now we are lacking that leadership on both sides of the ball and someone that can command the respect of his teammates has to step up into those roles on both sides of the ball. This season truly does depend on it !

However i will say farmer and young CAN be really good. Theres potential there.

conrad is just out matched at this level, god bless `im.
Young has had 4 years now to prove he can be good and he still hasn't done it. The guy has zero football awareness.

I agree about Young. I just don't get that he is a starter. He was constantly taking bad angles.
Conrad? He is not that good. Not his fault.
Farmer? Who knows.

Awareness yes i agree but athletically he can.

Barry and honas should start next week.
I don't know about Honas. I'm still not sold on him. I'd like to see what Collin Miller can do, and if he doesn't add anything, just go with nickel as the base defense.

Ive been a farmer fan but he got benched in the 4th and deserved it.
Conrad just isnt good enough.
And diedrek young was the sole reason troy scored their last td. The qb draw on 3rd down was his fault and the td was his being out of position after the motion.
Honas made a bad play on the first td but played well after that.

Those three players, imo, played the worst today. We win with better interior line and LB play. You shouldnt need martinez to beat troy.
We werent the same on D after Mo got ejected Troy wasnt afraid to run it up the middle after he left.

Other than the first play, which was awful, honas played well.
He's played awful for 6 quarters and he's played pretty well for two. I'm not writing him off yet but I wouldn't rely on him coming in and being any better than Young.

I know Conrad's the whipping boy, but our entire offensive line was awful.

With Conrad it is more than just physical...Decker was SO much better at getting line into the right calls, that appears to be continuing with Conrad this season as well. Line needs to be in the right calls to be effective.

No his problem is he doesnt know wtf hes doing. He looks slow because hes out of position so much. Watch the drive i referenced. Even a chick would know where hes supposed to be.
He could be being coached that way and you just don't agree with it, I have a hard time believing a 4 year starter 'doesn't know wtf hes doing.'

He could be being coached that way and you just don't agree with it, I have a hard time believing a 4 year starter 'doesn't know wtf hes doing.'
Haha. You either dont watch or dont know jack.
Just watch the draw play. Other LB picks up rb motion leaving young all alone in the middle. Hes obviously the only back 7 run defender left. Hes there for qb run or hook zone.
at the snap he takes off for the trips even though the other ilb has already gone out to it. And further, the tackle RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM pulls to lead the qb. A pull is a run key that an ilb has to read and react to with run. Even if it turns out to be an influence, the ilb still has to respect it and trust his teammates to take care of the 2nd action or pass. Ilb have to, its just basic football.the entire reason a tackle puled there was because there is supposed to be a middle backer there for him to block, but he didnt need to because young took himself out of the play.

if youd like me to elaborate on the touchdown, ask. But theres more to youngs mistakes than young simply being slow. Hes slow for a reason.

Reactions: HuskerLegion
Just watch the draw play. Other LB picks up rb motion leaving young all alone in the middle. Hes obviously the only back 7 run defender left. Hes there for qb run or hook zone.
at the snap he takes off for the trips even though the other ilb has already gone out to it. And further, the tackle RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM pulls to lead the qb. A pull is a run key that an ilb has to read and react to with run. Even if it turns out to be an influence, the ilb still has to respect it and trust his teammates to take care of the 2nd action or pass. Ilb have to, its just basic football.the entire reason a tackle puled there was because there is supposed to be a middle backer there for him to block, but he didnt need to because young took himself out of the play.

if youd like me to elaborate on the touchdown, ask. But theres more to youngs mistakes than young simply being slow. Hes slow for a reason.

So Ruud is a moron? He is the one who says Young knows exactly what he is suppose to do and is in the right spot all the time?

Reactions: dinglefritz
So Ruud is a moron? He is the one who says Young knows exactly what he is suppose to do and is in the right spot all the time?
If he said that tonight, then hes either a liar or a moron.
Argue the play if you want.
Im betting young gets critiqued in the film room, by ruud, tomorrow.

I have a hard time seeing how young didnt f up the qb draw. He's running off towards trips leaving us with no one in the middle of the field.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
If he said that tonight, then hes either a liar or a moron.
Argue the play if you want.
Im betting young gets critiqued in the film room, by ruud, tomorrow.
You need to realize young looks good in practice going against our inept line, I've said this since his freshman year he's not fluid from hips down way to stiff

You need to realize young looks good in practice going against our inept line, I've said this since his freshman year he's not fluid from hips down way to stiff
I dunn o about his athletic ability. I do know he seems lost sometim es.
if you put yourself in the right position you at least slow down the runner and allow your teammates time to make a tackle.
oh well. Young isnt our only problem and he has shown flashes at times, but not today. Id start the others next week but thats just me.

Young has been below average his entire career. The same goes for Farmer, Conrad, and Mick, who should see the bench pretty soon.

Reactions: jeans15
No his problem is he doesnt know wtf hes doing. He looks slow because hes out of position so much. Watch the drive i referenced. Even a chick would know where hes supposed to be.
Football smarts are his main problem. Speed is slow, but adequate enough to excel. He's only been starting for 4 years now. He will get it soon enough. He just needs to read the playbook and understand the schemes with a little more clarity. Mick will be Ok as well. He looks pretty big to me. Did he get his first start this year? Not much game-time experience yet. From what I hear, he eats like a madman at the training table. Doesn't squat as much as Farmer though. That has paid Farmer dividends beyond words this year. How could he get benched? That was pretty mean of Scott frost. I hope he doesn't do that to those other guys. If he does this, we are screwed against Michigan and the others.

Lots of experts on this board after a loss....sigh.:rolleyes:
I try to hold back most of my opinions until after I've given things more than a cursory half-inebriated while scrolling through twitter glance and actually watch the film.

I know Conrad's the whipping boy, but our entire offensive line was awful.
I know Bunch is taking so heat for the loss, but the O line was horrible. He got approximately 2 seconds to throw before the D was in his face.

Night and day from game 1. Martinez had time to put down a blanket for a picnic vs Colo

Reactions: coach-ed
However i will say farmer and young CAN be really good. Theres potential there.

conrad is just out matched at this level, god bless `im.[/Qkidfi You got to be kidding, you talk about "potential" with two guys that have been around longer than the campus columns ! Wake up !

I have a hard time seeing how young didnt f up the qb draw. He's running off towards trips leaving us with no one in the middle of the field.

Saw Honas do the same thing. Makes me believe that's a designed defensive play. So that would put the blame on the DC, not Young.

If I remember correctly, it was a 3rd down play where Honas vacated middle and Troy passed it to a RB right in the spot Honas left. Luckily we stopped that play.

Reactions: TheNewNU

Elaborate

this is basically the same O line we had last year, what do you expect? were they world beaters a year ago, were any of them all americans, NO NO AND NO. success will come but it will take while for it. patience people.

Reactions: blackbones
ADVERTISEMENT