ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Week 4

So far Frost has shown he can out-scheme Fordham, Buffalo, and a couple other powerhouses.

Frost has outschemed a lot of people, especially between the 20s. That's how you get so many big plays like we had last year. That's how you put up 500+ yards on Wisconsin multiple times. That's how you have at least some success moving the ball against some top teams without much of any NFL talent. The scheme hasn't been the problem.

Frost has outschemed a lot of people, especially between the 20s. That's how you get so many big plays like we had last year. That's how you put up 500+ yards on Wisconsin multiple times. That's how you have at least some success moving the ball against some top teams without much of any NFL talent. The scheme hasn't been the problem.
You drive for show, and putt for dough.

I'd rather have 440 yards and put 3 more balls in the endzone.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Last year NU was #20 in the country in Total Offense.

NU was # 63 in Scoring Offense.

The NEXT 25 teams below NU in Total Offense all scored more PPG than NU.

When you say 500+ yards against Wisconsin "multiple" times, that simply is not correct.

2018 518 yards, 2019 493 yards, 2020 cancelled, 2021 452 yards.

Once is not multiple.

Pretty good production either way. Short yardage has been the number one problem for most of the frost tenure. Hopefully, the shift in OL philosophy solves the problem. Getting 3 instead of 0 a lot more often would help too.

Pretty good production either way. Short yardage has been the number one problem for most of the frost tenure. Hopefully, the shift in OL philosophy solves the problem. Getting 3 instead of 0 a lot more often would help too.
cubsker, sorry for getting nitpicky, but I always like to double check in case I was making a post that didn't ring true.

The thing that is so ridiculous is there are SO many guys on here who KNOW what good football is supposed to look like, and we just haven't seen it since forever.

There are a lot of guys on here who can make such good suggestions and arguments for so many aspects of the program, I try to engage almost everybody just to keep some dialogue going. Granted, I'm retired and have lots of time to try to cause ruckus.

Under Frost, as an NU fan, I have just become snake-bitten waiting for some shit to happen at the wrong time, and it usually does.

IF, and I say IF, Frost gets canned this year, he has no one to blame but himself. If he can't do it in 5 years, he can't do it in 10 years either. He's proven to be a bad fit for THIS job. He can be successful at another school like an AAC school.

I will argue that til the cows come home. (Even if I can only argue with one other person. lol)

Agree 100%. I was fine with firing him and I was fine with retooling with an experienced offensive staff to give it one last try. I thought Mickey, Applegate, and Whip were three great hires. Jury is out on Raiola.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT