ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Update: Day 1

jeans15

Head Coach
Feb 23, 2011
GBR....the day is upon us. The first day of fall practice. This is actually the beginning of the year for me...enough talk let the info begin:

- Players started the day with a yoga session.

- Vincent Valentine didn't practice had a bruised knee.

- Many were shocked at how good the offense looked early.

- Kevin Williams is tired of being called a backup and won't talk to reporters

- Tommy Armstrong had a good start to camp today.

Early Tidbits, be back momentarily.

Quotes from tonight's practice:

-Mike Welch " Best/most consistent practice I've seen Armstrong have ever. Quick reads, accuracy improved by a mile in a QB-friendly offense."

- Brandon Reilly had a strong first day. Made a nice adjustment on a pass from Fyfe. Then got past Kalu on a deep ball from Armstrong

- John Gaskins "On 1 play, Tommy went through 3 check downs, took off to his left down sideline 20 yd. "Damn! I wish we could hit his ass!" said # DB

- ‏John Gaskins, " On outdoor practice field, there are large signs on fence trumping number of # feats... "5 national titles" & "111 All-Americans."

-There is a box w nothing in it next to "Conference Championships" which used to read "46." Could mean nothing or everything. #

- John Gaskins, Sam Foltz was booting BOMBS most of his reps. About 60 yd, maybe more. Kept backing up the returners. Actual returns not practiced #

Confused, don't know where 46 conference championships come from but Nebraska has 43 even the press guide confirms this.

Confused, don't know where 46 conference championships come from but Nebraska has 43 even the press guide confirms this.
Maybe they're planning on winning at least 3 these next 3 years.

Maybe they're planning on winning at least 3 these next 3 years.

Or they could have taken it down to avoid pulling an aTm.
180bj6irebjq7jpg.jpg

My favorite TA quote, "Tommy Armstrong on the biggest thing he’s learned from the new staff so far: “The majority of the time, your running back is open."

Reactions: CC_Lemming
Good to hear about the yoga. It's not all strength and speed. You have to be prepared to use your physical tools in a controlled way with a relaxed mind. It's one of the issues this team has had in the past.

Good to hear about the yoga. It's not all strength and speed. You have to be prepared to use your physical tools in a controlled way with a relaxed mind. It's one of the issues this team has had in the past.
Also helps a TON with flexibility to avoid soft tissue injury.

Also helps a TON with flexibility to avoid soft tissue injury.

And it has to make you stronger. I did yoga on P90X years ago (it was more like P37X for me) and the yoga portion was hell. 90 minutes of slow excruciating pain.

I laughed at Josh Banderas' comments though. He mentioned a few of the players used yoga to get looser. "We're all terrible at Yoga, it's rough in there".

Reminds me of my attempt to try aerobics with my wife once upon a time. Never felt so awkward in my life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT