ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Thread

My goodness Frost needs to win.

But he won't.

Water is wet. This is a given considering we have one of the worst HC/staffs in the Big Ten. Recruiting is already going down the tubes and it will only get worse after Frost fails again this year.

Perhaps Trev has the balls to get rid of him after this year but doubtful. We will likely have to wait it out until next year.

Unfortunately, conference realignment will overshadow the actual season for many fans across the country.

With that…bring on the 2021 season.

Reactions: dinglefritz
What is Frost's mindset? Is he confident and plowing forward, or does he have major doubts about his ability to get it done? The shine has come off that UCF penny.
According to a friend of a friend that grooms frosts dogs, Frost thinks IF the teams sticks together and plays as a team they can win 8-9 games this year. If the locker room drama that has plagued the team the last two years resurfaces it will be another sub .500 season. I joke about where the info comes from, but it did come from a friend of his that played ball with him.

According to a friend of a friend that grooms frosts dogs, Frost thinks IF the teams sticks together and plays as a team they can win 8-9 games this year. If the locker room drama that has plagued the team the last two years resurfaces it will be another sub .500 season. I joke about where the info comes from, but it did come from a friend of his that played ball with him.
E7P44JCWUAITgPn

Frost needs to take ownership of his locker room issues, now. Every single player on this roster was either recruited by him or he has let them stick around for 3+ years. Culture is a huge part of coaching, time to own it.

A family member who is close with the program says the same thing. Frost thinks and many other people think this team has the talent and experience now to win 8-9. Most in touch with the program think this is the best roster Frost has had by quite a bit. We need a couple of WRs and at least one RB to step up. I believe we have the talent there now.

Last edited:
A family member who is close with the program says the same thing. Frost thinks and many other people think this team has the talent and experience now to win 8-9. Most in touch with the program think this is the best roster Frost has by quite a bit. We need a couple of WRs and at least one RB to step up. I believe we have the talent there now.
We need the quarterback to step up and play with some urgency and fewer mistakes

A family member who is close with the program says the same thing. Frost thinks and many other people think this team has the talent and experience now to win 8-9. Most in touch with the program think this is the best roster Frost has had by quite a bit. We need a couple of WRs and at least one RB to step up. I believe we have the talent there now.
The difference between the win or loss was 1-a few plays for a bunch of games over the past few years. When we won 9-10 under Pelini, we had enough of those plays. We will find out whether the skill guys are up to it.

So keeping this football only, has there been any statements regarding where the team stands on vaccination % ? I read where at least a few coaches at the B1G media days are quoted of having 80%+ vaccination #’s. If we start hearing that a large # of the 2 deeps are missing blocks of time due to ‘undisclosed’ reasons, the drama we are looking to avoid, will likely result in this team starting 2-2, or worse.
Time will tell.

So keeping this football only, has there been any statements regarding where the team stands on vaccination % ? I read where at least a few coaches at the B1G media days are quoted of having 80%+ vaccination #’s. If we start hearing that a large # of the 2 deeps are missing blocks of time due to ‘undisclosed’ reasons, the drama we are looking to avoid, will likely result in this team starting 2-2, or worse.
Time will tell.
Need 100% of the 2 deep,

I agree with his first sentence. The second could have come off a Mystery board.
I've been as big of a booster of Frost of anyone and I'm not upset about the contract extensions. BUT, there has been some inexplicably bad play at times by his offense in particular this past year and more specifically by Adrian. That lies at his feet like it or not.

yeah, I feel that AMart is a decent quarterback and I'm sure he's trying to win. But it also seems like it doesn't bother him if we lose. Kinda like 'oh well there's always next time.'
Yup he comes out as a stone cold killer for a few seemingly random quarters of the season and has played like Mr (Fred) Rogers the rest of the time
Here’s hoping to more of the take charge QB
Need to get him on some kind of Bobby Boucher Jr motivation
I hope he turns the corner on that

Article says Illinois has 40 returning seniors/super seniors on the roster.
… and let’s not forget what they did in Lincoln last year.

New coach or not, that game HAS to go in our favor. I know there’s another thread about how important Week 0 is with more eyes on us than normal perhaps, being that first game.

It fits here as the change in practice rules (reduced contact) doesn’t do us any favors for preparation, save injury reduction.

Frost’s job is to have the team ready to go and it simply needs to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT