ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Thread

I think I read Raiola wants to see NU win before seriously considering, which seems reasonable IMO.
Dominic Raiola was on ‘Early Break with Sip & Jake’ after he and Dylan visited. The quick take aways were: Dylan isn’t a Nebraska fan, but isn’t really fan of any single team. *IF* Nebraska can turn the corner this year and next, Nebraska would certainly be in the mix.

I won’t pretend to know much about him, since he hasn’t played a lot. But the guy is a NT, not a sprinter. Not too concerned with his top end speed.
You should be. He's very slow even for a NT and has no explosion, so it's not like he makes up for it in his strength either.

some interesting pre-season takes in this thread

start of the off-season is a good time to reflect, self-scout & get better. I'm glad Trev forced out everyone on offense, including our QB

stakes are immeasurably higher in 2022, as everyone plays and coaches for their jobs

if anyone's looking for a crystal ball, ask this guy to borrow his:

2021 is a wash. let's actually keep building instead of rinsing and repeating the last 3 years on offense.

moral victories and a meaningless bowl game would represent a 4-year summit for the AM-led Huskers.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
some interesting pre-season takes in this thread

start of the off-season is a good time to reflect, self-scout & get better. I'm glad Trev forced out everyone on offense, including our QB

stakes are immeasurably higher in 2022, as everyone plays and coaches for their jobs

if anyone's looking for a crystal ball, ask this guy to borrow his:
You putting yourself on the back of a post you made as Rambo?

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
a6Ey9gm_460s.jpg

Good Lord, what makes a person want to go back and look at threads this old?
When someone wants to say “I told you so” but is doing so under a new name. Went from Top Gun (or something stupid like that) to Rambo King Kong. His next alias will be Forrest Gump.

When someone wants to say “I told you so” but is doing so under a new name. Went from Top Gun (or something stupid like that) to Rambo King Kong. His next alias will be Forrest Gump.
Stupid is as stupid does

I have two schools of thought on Frost. One is he may in fact be an offensive genius, but all that time at Oregon and UCF he didn't have to deal with the pressures of being Nebraska's head coach. He did the Xs and Os and let someone else worry about special teams and talking about conference issues, et al. As unfortunate as it is to pay a coach $5M to learn on the job, perhaps the light will finally go on this year that he has to let Lubick plan the offense and he has to be the CEO directing all aspects of a football program. If he manages the team better and also deals with behavior issues, fumble issues, etc. rather than being one of the boys, we might have a pretty good year despite the schedule. Also, maybe Trev will free him up from non-football stuff, so he has more time with the team.

The other school is you can't paint spots on a tiger and expect him to be a leopard. You are what you are. So far we have seen unprepared teams, mind-numbing game plans and in-game decisions, and overall disorganization in so many ways. That might just be "Frost Football"...the way it is.

Like most everybody else, I hope we have a good year and School 1 prevails. However, now later in life, I have learned the you can't paint spots on a tiger school usually prevails, so I'm strapping my seatbelt for another ugly season.
We had another year of Frost-ball and the season was even uglier than I thought it might be.

Reactions: king_kong_
I hope Lt. Dan Taylor, for the sake of respectability

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT