FAA will look into AA flight delayed by mask mandate noncompliance

HuskerGuy33

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
This is the link to the article

My first thought is how is a group of 47 high school students chaperoned by only one adult? That's a bit for any one adult to manage (let alone for a 22 year old adult to manage).

My other thought is if EVEN if it was ONLY 1 kid that had to be removed from the plane (not 30) - if you only have one adult chaperoning, it is not like you can leave that 1 kid by themselves. As the chaperone, you have to accompany the kid so if that means ruining the trip for the other 46 kids, you're ruining the trip for the other 46 kids. If you're the chaperone in charge of those 47 high school kids, you are responsible for ALL 47 of those kids so that means you're responsible for the 30 kids that got kicked off the flight along with the 17 kids that did nothing wrong. It also means that those 17 kids that did nothing wrong have to follow the chaperone and the 30 kids that got kicked off. EVEN, if it is just 1 kid that was bad that gets kicked off, that would also mean that the one chaperone has to get off with that 1 kid which also means that the other 46 kids have to come off.

What's even more surprising is that parents would let their high school age students take a trip with a 22 year old as the lone chaperone. Recipe for disaster.

Curious to hear thoughts on this for those of you that regularly chaperone kids on out of town trips.

Last edited:

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Weird story. Typically, a single 22 year old chaperone is not sufficient supervision for 47 HS students lol.

Reactions: HuskerGuy33

mdebner

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2004
giphy.gif

Reactions: scopeandtime

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
This is the link to the article

My first thought is how is a group of 47 high school students chaperoned by only one adult? That's a bit for any one adult to manage (let alone for a 22 year old adult to manage).

My other thought is if EVEN if it was ONLY 1 kid that had to be removed from the plane (not 30) - if you only have one adult chaperoning, it is not like you can leave that 1 kid by themselves. As the chaperone, you have to accompany the kid so if that means ruining the trip for the other 46 kids, you're ruining the trip for the other 46 kids. If you're the chaperone in charge of those 47 high school kids, you are responsible for ALL 47 of those kids so that means you're responsible for the 30 kids that got kicked off the flight along with the 17 kids that did nothing wrong. It also means that those 17 kids that did nothing wrong have to follow the chaperone and the 30 kids that got kicked off. EVEN, if it is just 1 kid that was bad that gets kicked off, that would also mean that the one chaperone has to get off with that 1 kid which also means that the other 46 kids have to come off.

What's even more surprising is that parents would let their high school age students take a trip with a 22 year old as the lone chaperone. Recipe for disaster.

Curious to hear thoughts on this for those of you that regularly chaperone kids on out of town trips.

I was a chaperone's nightmare in school. I would have been the kid to get everyone to have to leave the plane.

Typically, I would just ditch the group. They even created a rule at my school in my honor (do to me taking advantage).

Most of the time i was just out trying to get my dick wet, getting away from supervision, and getting high.

I miss those days sometimes.

Reactions: scopeandtime

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
I was a chaperone's nightmare in school. I would have been the kid to get everyone to have to leave the plane.

Typically, I would just ditch the group. They even created a rule at my school in my honor (do to me taking advantage).

Most of the time i was just out trying to get my dick wet, getting away from supervision, and getting high.

I miss those days sometimes.
Haha nobody is surprised by that 😉

Reactions: Jaemekon

drubendall

All-American
Apr 18, 2004
My favorite airline disaster of the week was the Amerikan Airlines plane returning to the gate because the mother of an asthmatic 2 y.o. boy could not keep him masked. Here was a hysterical, stressed to the max boy and his mother, ratted out by a male Karen sky waitress.

AND, it gets better. The boy possessed a negative covid test. You mask nazis are the worst people imaginable. Just pure evil.