ADVERTISEMENT

F the Big Ten

I dont get why it would matter to the other ADs if an OOC game was played. Not like it gives Nebraska some sort of advantage over anyone else.

I have a feeling Moos and Co. are exploring options behind closed doors.

I seriously doubt it. Cannot think of a more short sighted cut off your nose to spite your face move if I tried. I'm hopeful the people steering this ship aren't making decisions based on the next week, but rather longer term...IE, mature, rational, healthy decisions with the big picture in mind.

I dont get why it would matter to the other ADs if an OOC game was played. Not like it gives Nebraska some sort of advantage over anyone else.
It's all about teaching Nebraska a lesson for having the nerve to challenge the conference about their piss poor rules and decisions. Remember this conference is used to it's members being a herd of sheep.

Because they want pure allegiance and loyalty no matter how horribly they treat the new kid nebraska. All of those clowns should find a nice tall skyscraper to see if they can fly.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I seriously doubt it. Cannot think of a more short sighted cut off your nose to spite your face move if I tried. I'm hopeful the people steering this ship aren't making decisions based on the next week, but rather longer term...IE, mature, rational, healthy decisions with the big picture in mind.

Not just this week, it’s during the entire pandemic, the scheduling, etc. Kinda like a divorce, once you know it’s not going to work you shouldn’t drag it out. Financially we won’t find anyone close to the B10 but is money the only factor here? What about leadership that is more aligned with OUR values.

I don't understand why anyone is surprised about this. As soon as I saw that NU and UTC had agreed to play I knew there was no way in hell the B1G would allow it.

A rule is either a rule or it isn't. You can't just tell everyone no to non-con games and then be like, "Oh except for you, you can do it." If it was Michigan's game that got cancelled and the B1G let them play some FCS team we'd be livid.

I see where it made sense to have an agreement in place before asking so you're not just batting around hypotheticals. The rub is that it got out and became a story, now it looks like more eye poking between NU and the B1G.

If NU wants something to broadcast they should ask the B1G to televise a scrimmage on Saturday. Of course they weren't going to allow us to play an FCS team.

Last edited:
NU could file suit in the Nebraska federal district court and move immediately for a preliminary injunction stopping enforcement of the Big 10 ruling. The injunction could be granted (no guarantees, of course) and a full hearing could not be heard until after Saturday and the game is played if an injunction is granted. Of course, NU would pay down the road for its temerity, but those considerations would have to be balanced by those with more information than I.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
We really just want to play football...But daddy doesn’t want us too..
giphy.gif

Reactions: scarletred
Timings pretty ironic isn't it
No, it isn't ironic at all. The weather is getting colder which leads more people to be indoors with the windows shut, breathing recycled air and increasing the likelihood of transmission.

Was it "ironic" every other year in history when people have always gotten sick more in the fall and winter?

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
No, it isn't ironic at all. The weather is getting colder which leads more people to be indoors with the windows shut, breathing recycled air and increasing the likelihood of transmission.

Was it "ironic" every other year in history when people have always gotten sick more in the fall and winter?
Nope but the flu rate being a historic low for this point of the year is ironic

NU could file suit in the Nebraska federal district court and move immediately for a preliminary injunction stopping enforcement of the Big 10 ruling. The injunction could be granted (no guarantees, of course) and a full hearing could not be heard until after Saturday and the game is played if an injunction is granted. Of course, NU would pay down the road for its temerity, but those considerations would have to be balanced by those with more information than I.
No lawsuit would be required. If we want to play we can, nobody is stopping us. If the BIG10 tried to punish us, then a lawsuit may be legitimate.

For now, we are playing nice and following the rules but its getting to the point where we might have to diverge from conference rules for our own well being. Just a theoretical here, but if the BIG10 changes their protocol and allows Wisconsins entire roster to participate next week, and later on we have another game cancelled voluntarily by an opponent we would have an easy breach of contract lawsuit. Of course that would be the end of our Big10 membership, but at least we would have stood our ground.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nope but the flu rate being a historic low for this point of the year is ironic
It's not, actually, if you follow the logic that people have never put this much effort into preventing virus transmission before. Which other flu season do you recall mask mandates being in effect?

All for the sake of playing an FCS team in an empty stadium. That would be penny wise and pound foolish, which is exactly why they'll do it.

Would have been a W and the conf title game goes by record. Witchconsin and Iowa did NOT want Nebraska to add a win. It was all about themselves

Reactions: BleedRed78
It's all about teaching Nebraska a lesson for having the nerve to challenge the conference about their piss poor rules and decisions. Remember this conference is used to it's members being a herd of sheep.
Right. B10 picking on Nebraska. The GRIEVANCE of some fans knows NO bounds! What is it like to walk around thinking the whole world is against you? Ohhh, that's right, you hear that kind of unmanly and unprincipled whining from your Dear Leader every damn day.

As a Penn State fan, I can feel your anger towards the B1G. I'd say about 70-80% of Penn State fans feel that we've been screwed non-stop by the conference for the last 25 years. Financially there is no going back. But the majority of Penn St fans would rather give this biased conference the big middle finger and go to the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT