Ezra Miller, former Iowa OT, in portal

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by v1nufan, May 22, 2020.

1. SWIowahawks

SWIowahawks Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

huskerssalts likes this.
  2. huskerssalts

huskerssalts Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

by all means. I think that’s how I’d respond too. Like I said, it’s sure funny how it’s fine for the Iowa fans to say stupid crap about the Huskers but it’s wrong for us to talk crap on Iowa on a Husker board.

3. huskerssalts

Expand Collapse

Bigred_b1624 likes this.
  4. ShaggynScooby

ShaggynScooby Newbie
    Expand Collapse

I think the bottom line with Miller is that he was not going to see the field in Iowa City, which is probably the reason most kids enter the portal. He was a 4* coming out of HS, so, if he is fully healthy would be a good get for a team in need of OL.

5. RothMatt

RothMatt Newbie
    Expand Collapse

I never said it was from you. But it is definitely a quoted post you either posted yourself or a post you liked.

Way to pin it down. Now I believe you. Type of reporting you get from the New York Times, Washington Post or CNN on TV.

6. Red I 73

Red I 73 Senior
    Expand Collapse

Iowa brought in a grad transfer OL from Indiana that had been a multi year starter for them. I think he started four games last year before getting injured. As a freshman he received BIG honors. He will compete for right tackle per the other site.

SWIowahawks likes this.
  7. huskerssalts

Expand Collapse

I was never talking to you or any other Hawkeye. Just SWIowaHawks and I wasn’t turning this thread into a stupid Huskers vs Iowa pissing match. The man knows what post and what thread that quote came from and that’s all that matters. Here’s a hint for you though, Iowa board...the rest is on you. Now I’m leaving SWIowaHawks alone. The man is a decent guy but he gave me crap a week or two ago and this was me firing back on him. Now it’s time to move on.

47 huskerssalts, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  8. cidsports

cidsports Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Coy Cronk was Indiana's starting LT in 2019, but went down in Week 4 with a season ending knee injury against UConn.

He was on watch lists, along with Iowa LT Alaric Jackson, who played through knee issues as a junior for the Hawkeyes.

Iowa should be solid in O-Line for 2020 and the offensive questions would be former Husker QB recruit, redshirt sophomore QB Spencer Petras and will Iowa use a fullback much in 2020 offensively. The loss of FB Brady Ross and his blocking.

Connor Cook replaced Kirk Cousins at MSU. Can Petras replace Nate Stanley, in the poor man's Cook role, at Iowa.

Stanley and Cousins were similar in some people's minds statistically.

Petras former high school coach talked about his recruitment to Oregon State, Nebraska and Iowa recently.

Covid-19 will make the 2020 season a complete wildcard. Players will likely not be 100%, with the loss of spring development time and S&C supervision.

Who will turn out the most hungry?

Which players will be 100%, if any, due to the unknowns 2020 will throw in.

pink shizzle likes this.
  9. scarletred

scarletred Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

It’s news to me that Frost and Verdozco were recruiting Petras and had in Lincoln..

10. cidsports

Expand Collapse

Former coaching staff at Nebraska. He was committed to Oregon State with their previous staff, and switched to Iowa after his visit to Iowa.

BroskiRed likes this.
  11. scarletred

Expand Collapse

Ohhhh it’s a Riley thing.. That is all we need to know..

12. Red I 73

Red I 73 Senior
    Expand Collapse

If rivals is right Petros was a 4* QB. He was rated as #12 pro style QB in his class. As a Husker fan, I'm always interested to see how players turnout that Nebraska was recruiting regardless of who the coach was.

bigredhunter and cidsports like this.
  13. scarletred

Expand Collapse

I could venture and say the same thing about Johnny Stanton..

14. cidsports

Expand Collapse

Yep, the former 3star *** QB recruit Nebraska signed.

Spencer Petras knows about football culture. His high school, Marin Catholic, churns out double-digit season win totals as well as Division I quarterbacks. Four of the five varsity quarterbacks under head coach Mazi Moayed have gone on to play at Power 5 conferences, including California's Jared Goff, who is currently third this season in the NFL in passing yards. The others are Petras, Morgan Mahalak (Oregon before transferring to Towson), and Chris Tewhill (Oregon).

"There is a strong tradition there, mainly because of my head coach," Petras said. "He is outstanding at what he does, demands a lot out of his program, and it shows. We have had a lot of success there and I was blessed to be able to go there and play for him."

In two seasons with Petras as starting quarterback, Marin Catholic won 23 of 27 games. While Goff was the No. 1 selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, he sits below Petras in the high school record book. Petras holds Marin records with 502 passing yards in a game, 4,157 passing yards in a season, five touchdown passes in a game, and 50 touchdown passes in a season.

He rated ahead of the ISU QB who was in the same class. Clearly, that Arizona prep has done well in Ames.

We shall see how Petras pans out, but was highly regarded out of California by his former high school coach.

pink shizzle likes this.
  15. phoenix4nu

phoenix4nu First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Okay. We’re all scared of Petras. Now go away.

headcard and scarletred like this.
  16. Baxter48

Baxter48 First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

I believe I could sit down with you have a few beers and talk about deer hunting. Your still better than a kst fan Winking

SWIowahawks likes this.
  17. cecilB

cecilB Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

he can't go back to Iowa - NCAA condition when 'withdraw' from a school for injury reasons. He's a good kid, Iowa did right by him, and continued to do so.

18. aflachawk

aflachawk Newbie
    Expand Collapse

he has a very high ceiling, they should. He had the issues with mental illness but hopefully those are in the past. Had he been able to come back to Iowa on a scholly, he would have.

58 aflachawk, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020