ADVERTISEMENT

Ezra Miller, former Iowa OT, in portal

I had Headcard and hedonistimpulse mixed up. My bad. Headcard is the one who answered you, along with me and that how I screwed the two up. And no thanks, I don’t plan on ignoring anyone. I simply say act like man, grow a pair and stop being two faced on here compared to how you are on the Iowa board. So again, if the Huskers is such a shithole and we are that bad, then why live on our board and why do you even care what Husker fans think or say about Iowa. This is a Husker board nonetheless.

here’s how all this played out and why I jumped in why my response.

hedonistimpulse said:
"It was not due to back issues that I left the program, Iowa simply worked with me to make that the public statement. I left on my own accord due to major depression and. [ sic ] anxiety amplified by a series of events." - Ezra Miller

SWIowaHawks said

“Interpret that however you choose.
I don’t think there is any other way to interpret it. Especially when he leads his post with...“To start off, I must commend Iowa, the coaching/medical staff, and my teammates as being amazing mentors and caring people.”

I understand hatred towards other teams and fan bases but be rational about it. I hope the kid has found his happiness and finds the right fit.“

And naturally i said it’s sure funny you say that “I understand hatred towards other teams and fan bases but be rational about it.” Because you sure agree with your fellow Iowa trolls who say “why would anyone waste their talent on a shithole like Nebraska”. I wouldn’t say that’s rational at all and a pretty stupid view. And no, you didn’t say it but you agreed enough To like the response which is bad enough.

Funny, it’s ok for Iowa fans to trash on and talk stupid crap about the Huskers but it’s not ok for the Huskers to do the same thing about Iowa.
giphy.gif

Reactions: huskerssalts
I'm not saying that can't be the case.

I'm certain that the University of Iowa and their football leaders did the best they could for the kid.
I think the bottom line with Miller is that he was not going to see the field in Iowa City, which is probably the reason most kids enter the portal. He was a 4* coming out of HS, so, if he is fully healthy would be a good get for a team in need of OL.

I never said it was from you. But it is definitely a quoted post you either posted yourself or a post you liked. Which is just as bad, that means you agree or are on the same page with said poster. Me and Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus have both seen some of your extra crap you and some of your Iowa trolls post and chat about.

Like Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus said, at least you can do is own up and keep it truthful. This is as far as I’m going with this but I wanted to make the point it was sure funny you have issues with us Husker fans, on a Husker board having issues with your Iowa team or some of our thoughts and opinions on Kirk Ferentz. Like I always say, you don’t like it, then leave and go to your Iowa board and talk about how much of a shit hole the Huskers are and how bad we are. But do not come here and pretend to be innocent and call out Husker fans.

I never said it was from you. But it is definitely a quoted post you either posted yourself or a post you liked.

Way to pin it down. Now I believe you. Type of reporting you get from the New York Times, Washington Post or CNN on TV.

I think the bottom line with Miller is that he was not going to see the field in Iowa City, which is probably the reason most kids enter the portal. He was a 4* coming out of HS, so, if he is fully healthy would be a good get for a team in need of OL.
Iowa brought in a grad transfer OL from Indiana that had been a multi year starter for them. I think he started four games last year before getting injured. As a freshman he received BIG honors. He will compete for right tackle per the other site.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I never said it was from you. But it is definitely a quoted post you either posted yourself or a post you liked.

Way to pin it down. Now I believe you. Type of reporting you get from the New York Times, Washington Post or CNN on TV.

I was never talking to you or any other Hawkeye. Just SWIowaHawks and I wasn’t turning this thread into a stupid Huskers vs Iowa pissing match. The man knows what post and what thread that quote came from and that’s all that matters. Here’s a hint for you though, Iowa board...the rest is on you. Now I’m leaving SWIowaHawks alone. The man is a decent guy but he gave me crap a week or two ago and this was me firing back on him. Now it’s time to move on.

Last edited:
Iowa brought in a grad transfer OL from Indiana that had been a multi year starter for them. I think he started four games last year before getting injured. As a freshman he received BIG honors. He will compete for right tackle per the other site.
Coy Cronk was Indiana's starting LT in 2019, but went down in Week 4 with a season ending knee injury against UConn.

He was on watch lists, along with Iowa LT Alaric Jackson, who played through knee issues as a junior for the Hawkeyes.

Iowa should be solid in O-Line for 2020 and the offensive questions would be former Husker QB recruit, redshirt sophomore QB Spencer Petras and will Iowa use a fullback much in 2020 offensively. The loss of FB Brady Ross and his blocking.

Connor Cook replaced Kirk Cousins at MSU. Can Petras replace Nate Stanley, in the poor man's Cook role, at Iowa.

Stanley and Cousins were similar in some people's minds statistically.

Petras former high school coach talked about his recruitment to Oregon State, Nebraska and Iowa recently.

Covid-19 will make the 2020 season a complete wildcard. Players will likely not be 100%, with the loss of spring development time and S&C supervision.

Who will turn out the most hungry?

Which players will be 100%, if any, due to the unknowns 2020 will throw in.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Coy Cronk was Indiana's starting LT in 2019, but went down in Week 4 with a season ending knee injury against UConn.

He was on watch lists, along with Iowa LT Alaric Jackson, who played through knee issues as a junior for the Hawkeyes.

Iowa should be solid in O-Line for 2020 and the offensive questions would be former Husker QB recruit, redshirt sophomore QB Spencer Petras and will Iowa use a fullback much in 2020 offensively. The loss of FB Brady Ross and his blocking.

Connor Cook replaced Kirk Cousins at MSU. Can Petras replace Nate Stanley, in the poor man's Cook role, at Iowa.

Stanley and Cousins were similar in some people's minds statistically.

Petras former high school coach talked about his recruitment to Oregon State, Nebraska and Iowa recently.

Covid-19 will make the 2020 season a complete wildcard. Players will likely not be 100%, with the loss of spring development time and S&C supervision.

Who will turn out the most hungry?

Which players will be 100%, if any, due to the unknowns 2020 will throw in.

It’s news to me that Frost and Verdozco were recruiting Petras and had in Lincoln..

If rivals is right Petros was a 4* QB. He was rated as #12 pro style QB in his class. As a Husker fan, I'm always interested to see how players turnout that Nebraska was recruiting regardless of who the coach was.

I could venture and say the same thing about Johnny Stanton..

I could venture and say the same thing about Johnny Stanton..

Yep, the former 3star *** QB recruit Nebraska signed.

Spencer Petras knows about football culture. His high school, Marin Catholic, churns out double-digit season win totals as well as Division I quarterbacks. Four of the five varsity quarterbacks under head coach Mazi Moayed have gone on to play at Power 5 conferences, including California's Jared Goff, who is currently third this season in the NFL in passing yards. The others are Petras, Morgan Mahalak (Oregon before transferring to Towson), and Chris Tewhill (Oregon).

"There is a strong tradition there, mainly because of my head coach," Petras said. "He is outstanding at what he does, demands a lot out of his program, and it shows. We have had a lot of success there and I was blessed to be able to go there and play for him."

In two seasons with Petras as starting quarterback, Marin Catholic won 23 of 27 games. While Goff was the No. 1 selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, he sits below Petras in the high school record book. Petras holds Marin records with 502 passing yards in a game, 4,157 passing yards in a season, five touchdown passes in a game, and 50 touchdown passes in a season.

He rated ahead of the ISU QB who was in the same class. Clearly, that Arizona prep has done well in Ames.

We shall see how Petras pans out, but was highly regarded out of California by his former high school coach.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Yep, the former 3star *** QB recruit Nebraska signed.

Spencer Petras knows about football culture. His high school, Marin Catholic, churns out double-digit season win totals as well as Division I quarterbacks. Four of the five varsity quarterbacks under head coach Mazi Moayed have gone on to play at Power 5 conferences, including California's Jared Goff, who is currently third this season in the NFL in passing yards. The others are Petras, Morgan Mahalak (Oregon before transferring to Towson), and Chris Tewhill (Oregon).

"There is a strong tradition there, mainly because of my head coach," Petras said. "He is outstanding at what he does, demands a lot out of his program, and it shows. We have had a lot of success there and I was blessed to be able to go there and play for him."

In two seasons with Petras as starting quarterback, Marin Catholic won 23 of 27 games. While Goff was the No. 1 selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, he sits below Petras in the high school record book. Petras holds Marin records with 502 passing yards in a game, 4,157 passing yards in a season, five touchdown passes in a game, and 50 touchdown passes in a season.

He rated ahead of the ISU QB who was in the same class. Clearly, that Arizona prep has done well in Ames.

We shall see how Petras pans out, but was highly regarded out of California by his former high school coach.
Okay. We’re all scared of Petras. Now go away.

And he ends with saying he's transferring. Interpret that however you choose.
he can't go back to Iowa - NCAA condition when 'withdraw' from a school for injury reasons. He's a good kid, Iowa did right by him, and continued to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT