ADVERTISEMENT

Ezra Miller, former Iowa OT, in portal

Reactions: bigredhunter
Where do you come away thinking he was “told” to? You make it sound like Kirk was trying to hide something.
"It was not due to back issues that I left the program, Iowa simply worked with me to make that the public statement. I left on my own accord due to major depression and. [ sic ] anxiety amplified by a series of events." - Ezra Miller

Interpret that however you choose.

Last edited:
"It was not due to back issues that I left the program, Iowa simply worked with me to make that the public statement. I left on my own accord due to major depression and. [ sic ] anxiety amplified by a series of events." - Ezra Miller

It's quite possible that he didn't want to disclose the depression and anxiety he was having.

I don’t think there is any other way to interpret it. Especially when he leads his post with...“To start off, I must commend Iowa, the coaching/medical staff, and my teammates as being amazing mentors and caring people.”

I understand hatred towards other teams and fan bases but be rational about it. I hope the kid has found his happiness and finds the right fit.

I don’t think there is any other way to interpret it. Especially when he leads his post with...“To start off, I must commend Iowa, the coaching/medical staff, and my teammates as being amazing mentors and caring people.”

I understand hatred towards other teams and fan bases but be rational about it. I hope the kid has found his happiness and finds the right fit.
And he ends with saying he's transferring. Interpret that however you choose.

It's quite possible that he didn't want to disclose the depression and anxiety he was having.
This right now is a VERY common problem in anybody enduring the stay at home orders, social distancing etc. College kids IMO are taking a beating emotionally. In many cases they're stuck hundreds of miles from their best friends and living with parents who they've maybe had enough of already. It's like they got sent back to high school except they're under house arrest. This sucks. Time to get college students back in school. They have virtually ZERO risk by being at school. Open the dorms and hire a bunch of out of work college aged kids to provide the necessary services. I guarantee you that IF colleges would open up and offer a quickie 8 week on campus summer session that they would fill up quickly.

I'm not saying that can't be the case.

I'm certain that the University of Iowa and their football leaders did the best they could for the kid.
Now this is more fair and a point I can understand. I will say this though, would he have to answer more questions if he said “personal reasons” as opposed to “severe back injury”? Without knowing, I’d think back issues would allow him more peace and quiet than leaving for personal reasons. Just conjecture on my part.

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
And he ends with saying he's transferring. Interpret that however you choose.
There are many reasons I can think of. Without knowing the guidelines; I wonder if you can get back on scholarship after you’ve “medically retired” at a certain school? Since, He told KF he was done with football, there may simply not be a scholarship available. A change of scenery makes the most sense to me though.

There are many reasons I can think of. Without knowing the guidelines; I wonder if you can get back on scholarship after you’ve “medically retired” at a certain school? Since, He told KF he was done with football, there may simply not be a scholarship available. A change of scenery makes the most sense to me though.
The next time you post something unexpected will be the first. You’re lucky to be given the freedom to post your nonsense here. Enjoy.

I believe Nebraska had a kid do the same thing, he retired from football but the next thing he’s was in the transfer portal

He had to transfer if he ever wanted to play football again. Iowa allowed him to remain on a full scholarship once he said he couldn't play again because of an injury. But in doing so means he couldn't play for Iowa again....thats the NCAA. Otherwise teams could exceed the 85 scholarship max. He is a great kid. He will be a great teammate wherever he lands.

funny seeing you say this “I understand hatred towards other teams and fan bases but be rational about it.” considering how you are towards the Huskers...remember, we are such a “SHITHOLE” and all.

Last edited:
I prefer straight up honest Iowa trolls. The two faced ones that come over, to “just talk football” aren’t just aholes they’re disingenuous aholes of low character...RollingLaugh

No doubt and I completely agree. I see through the man, he is a bigger Iowa homer then I am for our Huskers. The man just plays some of our fans on this board like a Violin.

And my bad, I don’t want to mislead or get things wrong, so let me correct this.

“Why in the world would anyone waste their talent on a shithole like Nebraska?”

Last edited:
https://siouxcityjournal.com/sports...cle_866e814e-bb2c-5374-bed5-101b175ba98d.html

"I wanted to rectify one thing. I misspoke when I said Iowa worked with me regarding the back injury," Miller said in a statement on Twitter. "That is what I told people personally. They had no part of that, it was all me. I apologize to them for that. My decision was based on my mental health condition at the time.

Kind of all over the place it seems... Maybe he still has some things to work out...

No doubt and I completely agree. I see through the man, he is a bigger Iowa homer then I am for our Huskers. The man just plays some of our fans on this board like a Violin.

And my bad, I don’t want to mislead or get things wrong, so let me correct this.

“Why in the world would anyone waste their talent on a shithole like Nebraska?”
Is that supposed to be a quote from me? I’ll respond to you once in order to help keep this thread going in one direction, but are you mistaking me for someone else? Where did I say that?

Is that supposed to be a quote from me? I’ll respond to you once in order to help keep this thread going in one direction, but are you mistaking me for someone else? Where did I say that?
You’ve always been a good poster for being a Iowa fan, I think some of the Nebraska posters need to get out of the house get some fresh air. You have been hit hard by imo unwarranted comments. One question when Nebraska was basically on top the college football world did you secretly root for us? A lot of supposed kst fans were closet nu fan. I know I live closer to Kansas than Lincoln

This is a very, very ironic post.

I never said it was from you. But it is definitely a quoted post you either posted yourself or a post you liked. Which is just as bad, that means you agree or are on the same page with said poster. Me and Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus have both seen some of your extra crap you and some of your Iowa trolls post and chat about.

Like Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus said, at least you can do is own up and keep it truthful. This is as far as I’m going with this but I wanted to make the point it was sure funny you have issues with us Husker fans, on a Husker board having issues with your Iowa team or some of our thoughts and opinions on Kirk Ferentz. Like I always say, you don’t like it, then leave and go to your Iowa board and talk about how much of a shit hole the Huskers are and how bad we are. But do not come here and pretend to be innocent and call out Husker fans.

Last edited:
You’ve always been a good poster for being a Iowa fan, I think some of the Nebraska posters need to get out of the house get some fresh air. You have been hit hard by imo unwarranted comments. One question when Nebraska was basically on top the college football world did you secretly root for us? A lot of supposed kst fans were closet nu fan. I know I live closer to Kansas than Lincoln

Like I said in my first response to him, it’s funny him calling out Headcard, yet him and his Iowa trolls post and say the same or worse BS about the Huskers, Scott Frost and the Husker fan base. I wouldn’t have said a word or even responded to him had I not seen that. And my issue is him and his Hawkeye buddies do the exact same thing, if not worse then any of us Husker fans. But he has an issue with Husker fans on a Husker board talking down on Iowa and Kirk Ferentz, really????

Like i said, he plays a few of our fans on this board like a violin. :(

Last edited:
Like I said in my first response to him, it’s funny him calling out Headcard, yet him and his Iowa trolls post and say the same or worse BS about the Huskers, Scott Frost and the Husker fan base. I wouldn’t have said a word or even responded to him had I not seen that. And my issue is him and his Hawkeye buddies do the exact same thing, if not worse then any of us Husker fans. But he has an issue with Husker fans on a Husker board talking down on Iowa and Kirk Ferentz, really????

I didn’t imply that it was you, but you are correct he does play some. To bad he has a problem with Nebraska fans dislike of Captain Kirk and his toady son. I’ve never cared for either

Reactions: huskerssalts
I would have been 12 in 1997. I do remember watching the title game where FSU kicked a last second FG to win. My dad was always very anti-Nebraska so of course I didn’t know what I was rooting for or against.

I’m smart enough to respect the run Nebraska had even if I despise them.

Reactions: Baxter48

When did I call out Headcard? You’re about to go on ignore like Rumbus. It’s not my fault you can’t seperate screen names in your head. (No pun intended) Feel free no put me on ignore or stop commenting on my stuff so I can converse with the good natured college football/Husker fans. Thanks.

I didn’t imply that it was you, but you are correct he does play some. To bad he has a problem with Nebraska fans dislike of Captain Kirk and his toady son. I’ve never cared for either
I personally don’t care if people like Kirk because I’ve been on the fire Kirk train before. But if people are blatantly wrong about things, I’ll correct; as I hope people will do for me.

When did I call out Headcard? You’re about to go on ignore like Rumbus. It’s not my fault you can’t seperate screen names in your head. (No pun intended) Feel free no put me on ignore or stop commenting on my stuff so I can converse with the good natured college football/Husker fans. Thanks.

I had Headcard and hedonistimpulse mixed up. My bad. Headcard is the one who answered you, along with me and that how I screwed the two up. And no thanks, I don’t plan on ignoring anyone. I simply say act like man, grow a pair and stop being two faced on here compared to how you are on the Iowa board. So again, if the Huskers is such a shithole and we are that bad, then why live on our board and why do you even care what Husker fans think or say about Iowa. This is a Husker board nonetheless.

here’s how all this played out and why I jumped in why my response.

hedonistimpulse said:

SWIowaHawks said

“Interpret that however you choose.

I understand hatred towards other teams and fan bases but be rational about it. I hope the kid has found his happiness and finds the right fit.“

And naturally i said it’s sure funny you say that “I understand hatred towards other teams and fan bases but be rational about it.” Because you sure agree with your fellow Iowa trolls who say “why would anyone waste their talent on a shithole like Nebraska”. I wouldn’t say that’s rational at all and a pretty stupid view. And no, you didn’t say it but you agreed enough To like the response which is bad enough.

Funny, it’s ok for Iowa fans to trash on and talk stupid crap about the Huskers but it’s not ok for the Huskers to do the same thing about Iowa.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT