ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations

You must be a very disappointed fan then! We haven't come close to sniffing those goals.

The amount of money coming into schools is going to be insane. Schools will expect loyalty from the coaches? Not likely when there is a.shortage and someone is throwing 10 mill their way. There are not enough great coaches now to go around and the competition for assistants alone will be fierce. They will have huge paydays.

What AD is going to stand up and tell the schools fan that winning 3 games a year in FB and 10 in BB is OK since they are paying the coaches well above the average AND bring in 100 million from TV.

Everyone is crying about the portal now, and coaches not being loyal (see Riley Lincoln)I don't think we've seen anything yet. The TOs apparently don't come along very often, maybe once in 2 or 3 lifetimes if that.
I just care about NU football, don't care bout no nd, lincoln riley, or anything else..unless we play them, then I want to win..I have been disappointed, but I will say frost has got things a bit more competitive (jury out on special teams) and I don't have a loyalty issue with frost. I do have standards/goals, as I posted and I think they are doable,,,I'm not asking frost to win a nc every other year like saben. I'd like us to start turning the tide on iowa and wisconson games, and start beating mich and osu more regular, like 50% of the time.

you have to have goals and standards in life, that just how it works.

I just care about NU football, but I will say frost has got things a bit more competitive

i don’t know how one can look at our records in 2018 —-> 2021 and conclude “Frost has got things a bit more competitive”

we aren’t more competitive than we were with Riley, in fact, we are less competitive and there hasn’t been improvement in the ensuing 3 years since 2018

we won one conference game last year

I just care about NU football, don't care bout no nd, lincoln riley, or anything else..unless we play them, then I want to win..I have been disappointed, but I will say frost has got things a bit more competitive (jury out on special teams) and I don't have a loyalty issue with frost. I do have standards/goals, as I posted and I think they are doable,,,I'm not asking frost to win a nc every other year like saben. I'd like us to start turning the tide on iowa and wisconson games, and start beating mich and osu more regular, like 50% of the time.

Uh, goals are worthless unless there is there all out effort to achieve them.

We all "care" about Husker FB or we wouldn't be on here. News flash, just caring doesn't amount to a hill of beans without something to show from the effort. Three wind ain't it.

You missed the point of what I was saying earlier. With all this big money floating around from the new deals, coaches are beneficiaries as well. Ignore them all you want until it's time to hire a new coach, then we will see how you feel.

I'm curious, hypothetically speaking, if the B1G were to go to a non-equal payout, (Like we used to have in the Big 12) would we be earning more, or less than the socialized equality payout?

ND might be looking at things from this perspective as well.

How does USC and UCLA fit into that equation? Do they add more than they will draw or will they net reduce the payout everyone gets?

i don’t know how one can look at our records in 2018 —-> 2021 and conclude “Frost has got things a bit more competitive”

we aren’t more competitive than we were with Riley, in fact, we are less competitive and there hasn’t been improvement in the ensuing 3 years since 2018

did osu or michgan blow us out last year? or anyone? I remember alot of blow outs before last year

did osu or michgan blow us out last year? or anyone? I remember alot of blow outs before last year
A program is lost when their fans start start massaging quality of losses as a metric of progress

reputable programs and certainly programs who consider themselves blue bloods measure themselves on the quantity and quality of wins

remember when we won 9 games every year but people were cross because all those wins were against lame teams

now we were are losing to these lame teams but some are citing progress because, in year 4, those losses - while more numerous - are close

you can’t cite close losses to OSU and Michigan when you are also losing to Illinois- Purdue and Minnesota

Last edited:

Check your eye prescription, frost has made us competitive. He’s also made us play down to competition and shit the bed. But Riley is the joe Biden of NU football

A program is lost when their fans start start massaging quality of losses as a metric of progress

reputable programs and certainly programs who consider themselves blue bloods measure themselves on the quantity and quality of wins

remember when we won 9 games every year but people were cross because all those wins were against lame teams

now we were are losing to these lame teams but some are citing progress because, in year 4, those losses - while more numerous - are close

you can’t cite close losses to OSU and Michigan when you are also losing to Illinois- Purdue and Minnesota
to the untrained eye, that would be the case... but but to those of us that been down these roads before...we can see frost, while a young'in has been learning...building depth and eventually success...

granted the head office freaked during solich's fumbeling..and went pass happy since..but in that pass happiness frost is slowly but surely gaining stem...has there been mistakes? yes, frost's man love for martinez and not a back up qb has been noted and corected with 1.thompson 2. purdy...
frost complete forgetfullness of 1/3 the game special teams has been noted, and is in the correction process..we got a might fine kicker from montana...
and then there frost's bad play calling which is also being corrected with the ole whipple/mickey 1...2..

there's been trial and error , I agree....we will no longer see the slow developing swing pass from martinez to wandel...while one bites their finger nails fearing 6 points for the other team....

but thru all this heartache, we are hopefully seeing a emergence of depth, instruction, and performance.
I starting the season at 5-0...thats the goal.....4-1 will be a need for reveiw by trev.

but we must remember how snyder rebuilt ksu, by saying lets not fire the coach every 5 years...I'm leaning towards this thinking cause we are more like ksu then saban and curbe, plucking 5 stars out their back yard..
so let us not wallow in dispair, but use our heads for victory is near.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Frost isn't improving anything.. if we improve it's because of new AD & coaching blood in spite of Scott Frost. I hate that arrogant prick and what he has done to NU football.

Reactions: InMotion
Still there are incentives. TV/conference revenue sharing isn't the only money to be made. Yes it's a huge chunk of change, but there's still game day revenue, apparel and branding revenue, AND post season revenue that still separates the successful from the satisfied
And the academic benefits always get overlooked here but research dollars/connections are very valuable as well.

Reactions: huskerfan66
My expectations are no different. We need to start with a winning season and then progress to contending for the playoffs. I don't care how conferences shake out, my expectations won't change.
The approach most people took was that first you win your conference. Once you do that, you will naturally be in contention for the national championship or at least a New Year's Bowl game. But in a loaded 16 team conference, those expectations seem a bit out of whack. Winning the conference is more difficult now. And back in the day, NU had advantages over its conference foes that no longer exist.

Reactions: Redmich
The approach most people took was that first you win your conference. Once you do that, you will naturally be in contention for the national championship or at least a New Year's Bowl game. But in a loaded 16 team conference, those expectations seem a bit out of whack. Winning the conference is more difficult now. And back in the day, NU had advantages over its conference foes that no longer exist.
First, you win the games you are supposed to win and we cannot do that. Frost's record does not lie. Nebraska hasn't been in the conversation for championships of any kind for many years now. I am not sure I would call this conference "loaded" and if so, what will it look like in 2024 with the additional teams? Is the SEC loaded as well? How about the B12 and how would we fare there?

I hear the old excuse of "advantages" that Nebraska once had and I wonder - do those include a staff that worked hard and long together, or a HC that cared about his staff and players and was a master at spotting untapped talent and preparing to dominate teams, a coach who knew how to recruit and utilize the potential each player in the program had. In short, a coach who knew how to coach and run a top notch program at every level.

Seems to me, until some of these basic pieces are fixed, everyone will still be thinking we will someday hit the proverbial lottery and be good again.

to the untrained eye, that would be the case... but but to those of us that been down these roads before...we can see frost, while a young'in has been learning...building depth and eventually success...

granted the head office freaked during solich's fumbeling..and went pass happy since..but in that pass happiness frost is slowly but surely gaining stem...has there been mistakes? yes, frost's man love for martinez and not a back up qb has been noted and corected with 1.thompson 2. purdy...
frost complete forgetfullness of 1/3 the game special teams has been noted, and is in the correction process..we got a might fine kicker from montana...
and then there frost's bad play calling which is also being corrected with the ole whipple/mickey 1...2..

there's been trial and error , I agree....we will no longer see the slow developing swing pass from martinez to wandel...while one bites their finger nails fearing 6 points for the other team....

but thru all this heartache, we are hopefully seeing a emergence of depth, instruction, and performance.
I starting the season at 5-0...thats the goal.....4-1 will be a need for reveiw by trev.

but we must remember how snyder rebuilt ksu, by saying lets not fire the coach every 5 years...I'm leaning towards this thinking cause we are more like ksu then saban and curbe, plucking 5 stars out their back yard..
so let us not wallow in dispair, but use our heads for victory is near.
I hope things get turned around with the new staff

when a coach is fired his replacement is charged with rectifying the transgressions of his predecessor

we are in the position of retaining our head coach in hopes that the new assistants can correct the blunders of his own making

all the things wrong with the program you listed occurred under the leadership of our current head coach - the program has gone backward at an alarming pace since 2018

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
First, you win the games you are supposed to win and we cannot do that. Frost's record does not lie. Nebraska hasn't been in the conversation for championships of any kind for many years now. I am not sure I would call this conference "loaded" and if so, what will it look like in 2024 with the additional teams? Is the SEC loaded as well? How about the B12 and how would we fare there?

I hear the old excuse of "advantages" that Nebraska once had and I wonder - do those include a staff that worked hard and long together, or a HC that cared about his staff and players and was a master at spotting untapped talent and preparing to dominate teams, a coach who knew how to recruit and utilize the potential each player in the program had. In short, a coach who knew how to coach and run a top notch program at every level.

Seems to me, until some of these basic pieces are fixed, everyone will still be thinking we will someday hit the proverbial lottery and be good again.
If Frost played a big12 schedule instead of a B1G schedule the last 3 years, I believe he’d have the exact same record

the only p5 conference opponents Frost has beaten at Nebraska are B1G teams. He is 0-for against the rest

I am not sure I would call this conference "loaded" and if so, what will it look like in 2024 with the additional teams? Is the SEC loaded as well? How about the B12 and how would we fare there?
I was talking about 16 team conferences or bigger. When you're talking about winning a conference, whether it's "loaded" or not really depends on looking at the top teams in the conference. I think it's safe to say that the Big 10 should have one or two teams that are top five caliber every year with half its teams in the top 25. That's a tough conference to win. The SEC will still be the toughest conference though.

I don't really know what the Big 12 is even going to look like in a couple years. In our current state, I think we might have won an extra game or two over the years in the Big 12. The average teams in the Big 12 are more finesse like us whereas the average teams in the Big 10 are so physical. Frost doesn't even like to have the kids tackle in the spring when the season is months away!

Reactions: huskerfan66
I expect the B1G and pac12 to merge and never win another championship in football or basketball ever again

I expect some form of an sec/ACC/big12/Notre dame/big East (hoops) amalgamation to form the other 65% of what will then be the top tier collegiate league, and all the champions in every sport to come from there

so, basically not much different than today. We took the money far too early, and it is costing us dearly
Going to be like the AFC versus the NFC eventually maybe with the 2 conference winners playing in the Collegiate Super Bowl????

Going to be like the AFC versus the NFC eventually maybe with the 2 conference winners playing in the Collegiate Super Bowl????
no. I don't think things will change much as far as the post season's concerned

and I definitely don't expect the B1G to buy its way into the national title game

• Haha
I was talking about 16 team conferences or bigger. When you're talking about winning a conference, whether it's "loaded" or not really depends on looking at the top teams in the conference. I think it's safe to say that the Big 10 should have one or two teams that are top five caliber every year with half its teams in the top 25. That's a tough conference to win. The SEC will still be the toughest conference though.

I don't really know what the Big 12 is even going to look like in a couple years. In our current state, I think we might have won an extra game or two over the years in the Big 12. The average teams in the Big 12 are more finesse like us whereas the average teams in the Big 10 are so physical. Frost doesn't even like to have the kids tackle in the spring when the season is months away!
Frost teams still are twice as physical as any of Riley’s teams…

We lost games for other reasons with SF but being physical the past 3 years isn’t one of them..

I agree that's going to be the model. If 12 team playoffs, and 4 5 team divisions in 20 team conference, b1g and sec each get 4 in ( divisions champs) and other 4 teams go in amongst the rest or wild cards. 16 team could work somewhat similar

We lost games for other reasons with SF but being physical the past 3 years isn’t one of them..
Hmm, the "former" OL coach used a less aggressive, react to how they move, type attack - note it is not an aggressive, drive forward, beat your man style we are apparently now going to.

Reactions: king_kong_
Frost isn't improving anything.. if we improve it's because of new AD & coaching blood in spite of Scott Frost. I hate that arrogant prick and what he has done to NU football.
I'd disagree, I think frost is ok but had some learnin to do yet..but I haven't seen any texas tech hanging 70 on us from frost last year.

I understand you have the we should win the nc every other year/ unban is lined up to come to NU and kick the players fan..but I'm trying to work within reality...heck you have fans belly aching bout dr.tom geting us in the big and that would be a gift from above for many of team...so I also use sheer logic when evaluating things.

I like how frost has given up some smaller tasks to keep an eye on the big picture..cause lets face it, dr. tom wasen't dealing with transfer portals, nil, and s&c programs on par with NU...

now that players can be payed above the table...I don't think the tressle/saban type 5 star beanches can be afforded under the table any longer.
so there's alot more moving parts these days and I think frost is getting there..

I'd disagree, I think frost is ok but had some learnin to do yet..but I haven't seen any texas tech hanging 70 on us from frost last year.

I understand you have the we should win the nc every other year/ unban is lined up to come to NU and kick the players fan..but I'm trying to work within reality...heck you have fans belly aching bout dr.tom geting us in the big and that would be a gift from above for many of team...so I also use sheer logic when evaluating things.

I like how frost has given up some smaller tasks to keep an eye on the big picture..cause lets face it, dr. tom wasen't dealing with transfer portals, nil, and s&c programs on par with NU...

now that players can be payed above the table...I don't think the tressle/saban type 5 star beanches can be afforded under the table any longer.
so there's alot more moving parts these days and I think frost is getting there..
I admire and respect your positive outlook. In my younger days, I got hammered all the time by people for bragging up the Huskers. A few years of maturity and many more around sports and coaches gets my feet a little more firmly planted on the ground, although some would say negative, I would say realistic. Huh, to imagine, I have come full circle in 50+ years!

All that said, and you alluded to a few changes but you are missing the key indicators. In four years, he has won 15 games and lost 29 - show me where the progress is besides not getting blown out by TT? Who did he beat? Let's hear it for Fordham and Buffalo! All this in his 4th year. Then consider - at least consider the following:
He waited until year five to do something substantive about special teams that have been among the worst nationally. Do you think Tom or ANY good coach would have done the same?
He witnessed inept OL play for 4 years and finally fired his OL coach - why did that take so long?
In fact, he fired nearly all of his offensive coaches but one and he is now on his 3rd O coordinator if I am not mistaken.
AD's don't lower contracts and change things if you are producing - they give you raises and extensions based on measurables. Where are Frosts?

I do want Frost and the team to succeed but by what measure after four years can anyone seriously point to that shows that he is getting this turned around? This is the year it needs to happen and I am all for him.

To say Tom coached in a different time is true but he coached in his ear like all the other coaches. Do we need to also compare 1900's football as well? Coaches don't deal with the NIL crap, they teach, coach and prepare young men to play football. I submit that Tom would have flourished in this setting because of his superior mind for the game ability to coach and outcoach others. I have said this before, but you can mirror every single thing Tom did but you can't clone his FB brain and demeanor - but some try. I do hope this is the year to get it done and turn this around.

I don't think dragging dr. tom into this is fair at all...remember, dr. tom had sense, he wasn't pass happy..

the powers that be have declared from the roof tops, NU will be pass happy or die trying..that is the new reality.
ride or die with pass happiness....this is the mentality of the lincoln nebraska head office and has been so since the dan, buck and solich fumble show...

I'll give bo some credit here, with ameer he had a lil ground game but lets face it....
tis not rozier to lp glory...of just ramming it down the opponents neck, all game long..

so dr. tom doesn't belong in this realm of pass happiness...he's other....
it's like van till and neo platonists said...the other is not of the lower world of pass happiness...whether in quantity or quality......

so we have frost, he grew up athletic, went to stanford...then realized it's all bout NU football...
did frost do great at the start? I suggest a reveiw of the Nebraska/asu game where a hippy lb was in his face all game...and he could'nt get things going...and he even had green right next to him....

but frost eventually got er figured out on the feild..but he made another mistake by crying about NU being #1 on national tv...when anyone who had two or more brain cells knew NU was #1. they just got done abuseing payton manning while michigan was ducking Nebraska playing the cougars in the rose bowl????hello.....

so we see frost made mistakes but he learned...and people of reason and logic knew who was the 97 champs...

so then frost went to oregon, where a good coach had things clicking, and it was pretty easy for frost, same with ufc where the previous coach had things set up pretty good...then frost inherited the hip hip hurray program...

and he's made mistakes as noted...but in time he comes around...he's asking questions like
who's gonna replace daneils?..the polar bear, check...
who's gonna hit red zone passes? thompson/purdy, check..
who's gonna start hitting extra points and feild goals, the new montana guy , check..
who's gonna make sure the qb and recivers has perfect timeing? mickey, check...
who's gonna get yant away from fast food? check...
on down the line...etc....

and he starting to fit into a proper coaching roll. it's took some time, but did that young kid from stanford know everything when he showed up? no...but he learned...
so in conclusion, we should be turning a corner...this is my outlook...

Never said Frost's teams were more physical than Riley's teams but twice as physical? Let's not get crazy here. And I would say that we lost some games by getting pushed around, worn down, etc. Pretty much every Minnesota loss for instance. But if you want to claim that physicality had nothing to do with those losses, that's fine. I really don't care.

Frost has never been involved with the defense, that is strictly Chinanders making.

Frost did not give up smaller tasks to keep an eye on the big picture, he was forced to by Trev Alberts.

It remains to be seen, if he actually keeps his nose out of the offense. I doubt it based on what we saw in the spring.

I conclude that Frost hasn't learned much of anything.

Also, look at what you wrote.. You are the one who brought up Dr. Tom, and then said its not fair that he was brought up two posts later?

I don't think dragging dr. tom into this is fair at all...remember, dr. tom had sense, he wasn't pass happy..

Last edited:
  • Wow
This wasn't intended to be a thread on Frost specifically since Nebraska is going to play in this new paradigm alot longer than we really expect Frost to be coach. He could be here only one more year potentially.

That said, I do agree with the idea that in a 16/20/24 team conference, Nebraska is not going to routinely be a conference champion going forward. If we do eventually get to be that caliber, its going to be some time in coming. With a playoff system encompassing essentially half of the good teams college football, i don't even know that conference champion really means anything.

At the big picture level, another posted noted that we need to get back to basics with coaching, a guy who cares about the team and the development of players, able to spot/land/groom overlooked talent, mine the walk on program, work long and hard with a stable staff of coaches, recruit well, manage a huge program, etc.

It's easy to say those are 'basic' abilities, but the reality is there are only a handful of coaches that possess all of those qualities at a high level. The TO's, the Saban's. Very few schools ever experience a coach that has most of those qualities. Most schools are working with coaches who have known deficiencies. Guys who develop but can't recruit well consistently (Ferentz), or recruit but can't develop (Zook). Its easy to say, well build a staff that fills in your holes, again, across the entirety of college football over time, the number of times this actually comes to fruition is fairly rare.

The other big picture thing I think Nebraska will struggle with is that a good chunk of the traditional fan base believes we need a lot of stability in the coaching staff to win. Build a system that is an equalizer between our lack of talent and the rest of the kings of CFB. This was hard to achieve in the BCS era. This is going to be near impossible to achieve in the free market era. This is a problem insomuch as its just another tool a coach needs to possess, not only does he need to be able to win at the highest level, but he needs to be able to do it with deck chairs being shuffled around him.

Between NIL and exploding coaching salaries, market forces are going to lead to a churn that is going to fight our desire for stability (whether players or coaches). If NU can only win with extreme stability, then NU will probably never be a winner in this era. If NU can win using some kind of "mercenary model" for lack of a better term, then NU will be fine.

Last edited:
If NU can win using some kind of "mercenary model" for lack of a better term, then NU will be fine.
After 4 years - due to lack of recruiting and development - we have had to go outside the program to find players at the most important position in all three passes of the game

QB - we needed a starter and a back up
Pass rusher
Return person and kicker

after 4 years the cupboard shouldn’t have been completely empty at these vital positions -

After 4 years - due to lack of recruiting and development - we have had to go outside the program to find players at the most important position in all three passes of the game

QB - we needed a starter and a back up
Pass rusher
Return person and kicker

after 4 years the cupboard shouldn’t have been completely empty at these vital positions -
NU is going to have to be comfortable with this on the reg going forward. Even teams that are recruiting well are losing quality guys to the portal.

I hope things get turned around with the new staff

when a coach is fired his replacement is charged with rectifying the transgressions of his predecessor

we are in the position of retaining our head coach in hopes that the new assistants can correct the blunders of his own making

all the things wrong with the program you listed occurred under the leadership of our current head coach - the program has gone backward at an alarming pace since 2018
That is such a bullshit remark. Do you remember 2017??? My god, I could barely stomach September let alone October November.We are bigger stronger now than ever, frost had his head up his ass the last 4 years but he’s hopefully pulled it out and wiped the shit off his nostrils and has 6 games to get it done. Don’t let Bo’s remaining players from 15-16 fool you, Riley was an absolute dumpster fire of cat shit.

That is such a bullshit remark. Do you remember 2017??? My god, I could barely stomach September let alone October November.We are bigger stronger now than ever, frost had his head up his ass the last 4 years but he’s hopefully pulled it out and wiped the shit off his nostrils and has 6 games to get it done. Don’t let Bo’s remaining players from 15-16 fool you, Riley was an absolute dumpster fire of cat shit.
Do you remember 2018-today? Doesn't matter what you say about Riley because Scott Frost has been measurably worse. Of course, I go by wins & losses. He's the king of finding a way to lose.

In 2021 - in the 4th season after Riley was fired - we lost 90% of the games we played against power 5 competition - we managed a single win against a 1 conference win Northwestern

in the 4 years since Riley was fired we have a combined conference record that ranks dead last in the big ten west - 2 full games behind Illinois

To date we have been much worse under Frost than Riley and it isn’t close - hopefully that begins to change with the assistants taking over

Last edited:
NU is going to have to be comfortable with this on the reg going forward. Even teams that are recruiting well are losing quality guys to the portal.
So who are they? The rule or the exception?

This wasn't intended to be a thread on Frost specifically since Nebraska is going to play in this new paradigm alot longer than we really expect Frost to be coach. He could be here only one more year potentially.

That said, I do agree with the idea that in a 16/20/24 team conference, Nebraska is not going to routinely be a conference champion going forward. If we do eventually get to be that caliber, its going to be some time in coming. With a playoff system encompassing essentially half of the good teams college football, i don't even know that conference champion really means anything.

At the big picture level, another posted noted that we need to get back to basics with coaching, a guy who cares about the team and the development of players, able to spot/land/groom overlooked talent, mine the walk on program, work long and hard with a stable staff of coaches, recruit well, manage a huge program, etc.

It's easy to say those are 'basic' abilities, but the reality is there are only a handful of coaches that possess all of those qualities at a high level. The TO's, the Saban's. Very few schools ever experience a coach that has most of those qualities. Most schools are working with coaches who have known deficiencies. Guys who develop but can't recruit well consistently (Ferentz), or recruit but can't develop (Zook). Its easy to say, well build a staff that fills in your holes, again, across the entirety of college football over time, the number of times this actually comes to fruition is fairly rare.

The other big picture thing I think Nebraska will struggle with is that a good chunk of the traditional fan base believes we need a lot of stability in the coaching staff to win. Build a system that is an equalizer between our lack of talent and the rest of the kings of CFB. This was hard to achieve in the BCS era. This is going to be near impossible to achieve in the free market era. This is a problem insomuch as its just another tool a coach needs to possess, not only does he need to be able to win at the highest level, but he needs to be able to do it with deck chairs being shuffled around him.

Between NIL and exploding coaching salaries, market forces are going to lead to a churn that is going to fight our desire for stability (whether players or coaches). If NU can only win with extreme stability, then NU will probably never be a winner in this era. If NU can win using some kind of "mercenary model" for lack of a better term, then NU will be fine.
I wasn't talking about conference championships, I was talking about winning more than 3 games a year for a change and perhaps beating a good team. or two along the way on occasion. It seems now, all of a sudden, winning has all sorts of barriers including a conference that is too big. In the Big 12 you won your division and played for the title, what is different in the B1G? Right now, like it or not, as per our record, we are bottom feeders, a winning record would be a solid change. All of the variables of the portal, NIL, facilities, etc. matter not, everyone is playing with the same deck of cards are they not? Seriously, everyone talks so highly of the Nebraska brand, name recognition, the B1G money and the draw but so far that hasn't translated into anything and if they aren't careful, over time that draw will diminish. Apathy has already set in. How far behind is total despair unless something major changes with the record, this has to be the year. Contracts were not renegotiated to win 3 games as the new norm.

Reactions: bigboxes
So who are they? The rule or the exception?

I wasn't talking about conference championships, I was talking about winning more than 3 games a year for a change and perhaps beating a good team. or two along the way on occasion. It seems now, all of a sudden, winning has all sorts of barriers including a conference that is too big. In the Big 12 you won your division and played for the title, what is different in the B1G? Right now, like it or not, as per our record, we are bottom feeders, a winning record would be a solid change. All of the variables of the portal, NIL, facilities, etc. matter not, everyone is playing with the same deck of cards are they not? Seriously, everyone talks so highly of the Nebraska brand, name recognition, the B1G money and the draw but so far that hasn't translated into anything and if they aren't careful, over time that draw will diminish. Apathy has already set in. How far behind is total despair unless something major changes with the record, this has to be the year. Contracts were not renegotiated to win 3 games as the new norm.
Exactly. I'm tired of all the excuses. We're losing because of Texas. We're losing because of being in a cold climate. We're losing because of a poor recruiting area. We're losing because of the Big Ten. We're losing because of COVID. Next it be we're losing because of MEGA-conferences. Boo hoo. Poor Nebraska. If only insert excuse here. Everyone had to deal with COVID. Everyone.

NU has to recruit nationally to be relevant. Grabbing portal guys will not make up for poor recruiting. It's only a sign of how poorly our staff has done in recruiting. We will be getting the leftovers and still be stuck on the outside looking in. Can it elevate us to .500 or *gasp* a winning record? Yay... 7 wins. Let's get Scott Frost an extension. Maybe he can get the portal award.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT