• 8-9 wins, compete for the west, a decent bowl

Votes: 66 31.9%
  • 9+ wins, win the west

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • 10+ wins, BIG10 champions

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
That's the way some people are on here.

I've been accused of being a Colorado fan (because I stuck up for a friend of 25 years that is a CU fan instead of siding with a bunch of folks on a chat board that I don't know).

I'm an Iowa fan because I stated the fact that somehow Iowa won 11 games despite not having a Spring Game (which I didn't even know until it was pointed out to me on that thread).

I've also been accused of being fans of Minnesota and Wisconsin. I've been a accused of having earlier accounts, and of being anywhere from 2 to 5 other current posters on here.

Many are suspicious of new posters, even though 1) all of us were new at some point, and 2) only a small fraction of 1% of the Husker fan base posts on here.

There's some awesome people on here with which to converse. There's also some real nut jobs.
She has 3 accounts. She's an Iowa troll.

Reactions: scarletred
I believe this next season is where we take off.

oh, and save the schedule is brutal crap. I live in northern IN. Every year ND’s schedule is the toughest in the nation on paper. Then, the season goes along and, poof! The schedule strength diminishes as games are played

we have no idea how tough this schedule will be. Teams get better and worse

I do predict a changing of the guard in the west. I think Nebraska, Purdue and Minnesota will replace Iowa, Wisconsin and NW as the leaders.

I saw a lot of good coming from Nebraska as the season ended. I think we will actually add 40-50 yards to our rushing average and I believe our defense will be a better unit year 3 in the scheme. We add depth to skill positions, it was freaking bad in RB and WR corps.

My only concern is that of the QB position and battle. That could really be the difference. Mart plays like he did this year and remains starter the seeds of discontent could breach the soil.

ETA: put me down for 9 wins, sorry for the rant

What Frost inherited was far better than what either Ferentz or Alvarez had when they started.

Plus, Frost was the boy wonder HC at UCF. Ferentz had been an unheralded HC at Maine for 3 seasons. Alvarez had not been a HC prior to Wisconsin.

That is bull$&it, Frost inherited the same crap Ferentz did when he walked in the program..

Iowa had a one losing season Fry’s last year.. Before that they had winning season..

What Frost inherited was far better than what either Ferentz or Alvarez had when they started.

Plus, Frost was the boy wonder HC at UCF. Ferentz had been an unheralded HC at Maine for 3 seasons. Alvarez had not been a HC prior to Wisconsin.
Name the five top twenty five teams those coaches had to play in the Big? Like this year? Don't ignore the recent improvement in coaching and recruiting in the Big.
Your post comes off tone deaf, like theres a direct comparison of then and now. And, if you follow All Big Ten player selections, you'll know also, Nebraska hasn't had the averaged per team amount since before 2014, meaning, every team in the Big should almost have 11 players named, weve had no more than 6 since 2014, where we had only 8.
Before talking about wonder boy antics, I wonder about yours first.

I know some will try to use Fleck and MN as an example of a coach having success year 3. I don't think that is a valid example. They were in a better place when Fleck took over.[/QUOTE]

Minnesota fan here. I keep chuckling when I see this myth. MN was a smoking crater when Fleck took over. The boycott scandal wiped out the entire D backfield, a non-scholly walk-on was the top returning QB, only 4 OLs on roster able to practice, lousy talent everywhere. Remember, Fleck looked like a total failure until he fired his buddy the D coordinator in late 2018. They've gone 14-3 since then. It's something to think about. There's no excuse for NU to still be that soft on defense. Just sayin.

Reactions: c3o and oldjar07
"I know some will try to use Fleck and MN as an example of a coach having success year 3. I don't think that is a valid example. They were in a better place when Fleck took over."

Minnesota fan here. I keep chuckling when I see this myth. MN was a smoking crater when Fleck took over. The boycott scandal wiped out the entire D backfield, a non-scholly walk-on was the top returning QB, only 4 OLs on roster able to practice, lousy talent everywhere. Remember, Fleck looked like a total failure until he fired his buddy the D coordinator in late 2018. They've gone 14-3 since then. It's something to think about. There's no excuse for NU to still be that soft on defense. Just sayin.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
We have become Kansas of the 1990’s. When OU and NU were great every year and CU and Mizzou were occasionally very good, I am sure Kansas fans said how can we expect more than six or seven wins with our schedule?

It seems like decades ago that Bo’s coaches were trashed here for celebrating nine wins. Maybe they were right?

I'll just repeat what I said awhile ago.. if you are coming up with only 6 wins in year 3, you're like that guy who is just barely doing enough to get by.

We aren't paying a top end salary for that kind of performance/outcome in my opinion. We need to start seeing some measurable improvement. No one is demanding a title yet, but you have to get off your ass and start winning and being respectable again.

That is bull$&it, Frost inherited the same crap Ferentz did when he walked in the program..

Iowa had a one losing season Fry’s last year.. Before that they had winning season..
Sorry, chief...and I'll be accused of being a troll once again, because I am about to prove you wrong.

Hayden Fry's last 10 seasons:
Record: 66-50-2 (.559)
Losing Seasons: 3
.500 Seasons: 2
# of 9-Win Seasons: 2
Bowl Wins: 2-3-1

Nebraska 10 seasons prior to Frost:
Record: 82-47 (.635)
Losing Seasons: 2
.500 Seasons: 0
# of 9-Win Seasons: 8
Bowl Record: 3-5

Amazing to me that so many of our fan base seem to change their opinion on the Iowa program depending on the point they're trying to make. But, I get it....no stink shall land on Frost.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Sorry, chief...and I'll be accused of being a troll once again, because I am about to prove you wrong.

Hayden Fry's last 10 seasons:
Record: 66-50-2 (.559)
Losing Seasons: 3
.500 Seasons: 2
# of 9-Win Seasons: 2
Bowl Wins: 2-3-1

Nebraska 10 seasons prior to Frost:
Record: 82-47 (.635)
Losing Seasons: 2
.500 Seasons: 0
# of 9-Win Seasons: 8
Bowl Record: 3-5

Amazing to me that so many of our fan base seem to change their opinion on the Iowa program depending on the point they're trying to make.
Frost has been an incredible disappointment so far. PERIOD! That is why we are having a loser discussion like this thread. A once proud program is now discussing if we can get to 6 wins in year three after two losing seasons with a top paid coach. This is an incredible low. We have every excuse in the world - like no coach has ever taken over a worse program, we have no talent, blah, blah, blah.

That said, I do still have faith in Frost and want to see him succeed. But, I’m not so blind as to try and put a shine on our two years of sh*t performance.

Name the five top twenty five teams those coaches had to play in the Big? Like this year? Don't ignore the recent improvement in coaching and recruiting in the Big.
Your post comes off tone deaf, like theres a direct comparison of then and now. And, if you follow All Big Ten player selections, you'll know also, Nebraska hasn't had the averaged per team amount since before 2014, meaning, every team in the Big should almost have 11 players named, weve had no more than 6 since 2014, where we had only 8.
Before talking about wonder boy antics, I wonder about yours first.
Wisconsin played, in Alvarez's first year:
#3 Michigan
#5 Illinois
#21 Ohio State
#24 Michigan State
#25 Iowa
Wisconsin was 46-67-1 in the 10 seasons prior to Alvarez's first season...and 6-27 in the last 3 of those 10. Nebraska was 82-47 in the 10 seasons prior to Frost....with a 19-19 record in the 3 seasons under Riley.

In Ferentz's first season, Iowa played:
#2 Penn State
#9 Wisconsin
#14 Michigan State
#17 Minnesota
#21 Ohio State
Also...a non-conference game with #5 Nebraska.
Iowa was 66-50-2 in the 10 seasons prior to Ferentz.

Teams that win more tend to have more players named to All-Conference teams. Been like that forever.

Bottom line....Nebraska has always had the facilities, tradition, money, and support advantage over either Wisconsin or Iowa (and I'd argue still do), and those programs, by any measure, were in much worse shape that 2018 Nebraska.

I know some will try to use Fleck and MN as an example of a coach having success year 3. I don't think that is a valid example. They were in a better place when Fleck took over.

Minnesota fan here. I keep chuckling when I see this myth. MN was a smoking crater when Fleck took over. The boycott scandal wiped out the entire D backfield, a non-scholly walk-on was the top returning QB, only 4 OLs on roster able to practice, lousy talent everywhere. Remember, Fleck looked like a total failure until he fired his buddy the D coordinator in late 2018. They've gone 14-3 since then. It's something to think about. There's no excuse for NU to still be that soft on defense. Just sayin.[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I've been saying. Just because we don't necessarily hear about them doesn't mean that other programs don't have their own issues. I believe the issues transitioning from Riley to Frost were relatively mild compared to what some other programs had to deal with and some of those programs were able to turn things around faster. I'm not a big fan of excuses. You can make excuses for anything on why things aren't going right. But it's my belief when you're making the kind of salary coaches make that there isn't much room for excuses. The coaches are accountable for the performance of the program and it's there job to fix any issues regardless of the causes. That's why they get paid the salary they do.

Ya we all know Nebraska was better than Iowa during Fry era or 10 years before Captain Kirk too..

Iowa was 66-49-2 1989-1998.
The 3 years prior to Ferentz arriving Fry was 3-8,7-5 and 9-3...

10 years window has nothing to do with what Frost and Ferentz inherited..

Thanks for moving the goal post again..

Frost has been an incredible disappointment so far. PERIOD! That is why we are having a loser discussion like this thread. A once proud program is now discussing if we can get to 6 wins in year three after two losing seasons with a top paid coach. This is an incredible low. We have every excuse in the world - like no coach has ever taken over a worse program, we have no talent, blah, blah, blah.

That said, I do still have faith in Frost and want to see him succeed. But, I’m not so blind as to try and put a shine on our two years of sh*t performance.
Thank you....nice to see someone else that isn't in the turd-polishing business.

As far as Frost goes....my concerns are as follows:

1) I don't think he was ready...and I feel that he certainly isn't mature enough at this point, to head a P5 program like Nebraska.

2) If Nebraska guys are the only folks that can win in Lincoln, we're in a heap of trouble, as there's a finite number of Nebraska guys that are in coaching.

Alabama didn't need an Alabama guy to win...hell, Saban is a Kent State guy.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Ya we all know Nebraska was better than Iowa during Fry era or 10 years before Captain Kirk too..

Iowa was 66-49-2 1989-1998.
The 3 years prior to Ferentz arriving Fry was 3-8,7-5 and 9-3...

10 years window has nothing to do with what Frost and Ferentz inherited..

Thanks for moving the goal post again..
"Nebraska was better than Iowa during Fry era or 10 years before Captain Kirk too."

Yep...well aware of that. Actually helps bolster my point. Thank you.

The 10 year window (which could have been 20 for both comparisons...or even more for that matter) shows that the programs had been winning or not winning pretty regularly.

Sorry...but I don't buy the argument that 2 seasons under Riley reduced Nebraska to a pre-Alvarez era Wisconsin type of program.

Again, by any measure...recent success, support, facilities, money, etc., Nebraska was in much better shape in 2018 that 1999 Iowa or 1990 Wisconsin.

"Nebraska was better than Iowa during Fry era or 10 years before Captain Kirk too."

Yep...well aware of that. Actually helps bolster my point. Thank you.

The 10 year window (which could have been 20 for both comparisons...or even more for that matter) shows that the programs had been winning or not winning pretty regularly.

Sorry...but I don't buy the argument that 2 seasons under Riley reduced Nebraska to a pre-Alvarez era Wisconsin type of program.

Again, by any measure...recent success, support, facilities, money, etc., Nebraska was in much better shape in 2018 that 1999 Iowa or 1990 Wisconsin.

Riley was here for 3 and I never mentioned Wisconsin... They were one of the worse big 10 teams before he arrived..

Both Fry and Riley lift the cup board bare..

Talent wise they were the same Nebraska always had better facilities than Iowa..

Last edited:
Riley was here for 3 and I never mentioned Wisconsin... They were one of the worse big 10 teams before he arrived..

Both Fry and Riley lift the cup board bare..

Talent wise they were the same Nebraska always had better facilities than Iowa..
I know Nebraska has always had, and still does have, the better facilities. That has been part of my argument.

And I'm not convinced the talent wasn't worse at Iowa...but, OK, I'll go along with you on that. The bottom line, again, is that with facilities, fan support, recent success, historical success, and financial support, Frost inherited a much better situation than Ferentz.

I bet Ferentz wasn't given a 2-year extension after going 4-19 in his first 2 seasons.

I know Nebraska has always had, and still does have, the better facilities. That has been part of my argument.

And I'm not convinced the talent wasn't worse at Iowa...but, OK, I'll go along with you on that. The bottom line, again, is that with facilities, fan support, recent success, historical success, and financial support, Frost inherited a much better situation than Ferentz.

The same..There was no accountability in the weight era under Riley... 3 years of crap...

Caption Kirk never had a unbeaten season either..

My expectations are centered more seeing them compete til the end of every game and seeing the mental toughness that they seemed to have lacked for the past 5 or so seasons.

We have become Kansas of the 1990’s. When OU and NU were great every year and CU and Mizzou were occasionally very good, I am sure Kansas fans said how can we expect more than six or seven wins with our schedule?

It seems like decades ago that Bo’s coaches were trashed here for celebrating nine wins. Maybe they were right?
As right as those predicting Bo would be back in FBS tearing it up.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Would 6 wins in year three be acceptable if Frost wasn't a Nebraska legacy? Probably not. The Riley excuse is over, this is Frosts show now so we better see some marked improvement.
Would a non Nebraska HC decide to redshirt the vast majority of the best class Nebraska has seen possibly since TO?
SF knows he had time, that time is ending, the cupboard almost full, for the first time in a long time, as both Bo and MR mismanaged recruitment. It took a year of redshirts, quite a few jucos, and we aren't quite where we should be on depth.
Others say other things, I see whats gone down, and think this was the plan, because, the AD comes out last year and says we just need to get to a bowl, when everyone and his brother was looking at that recruiting class, plus returning potential, had us ranked with nine wins.

Hell, we even redshirted Keem Green

Reactions: dinglefritz
Would a non Nebraska HC decide to redshirt the vast majority of the best class Nebraska has seen possibly since TO?
SF knows he had time, that time is ending, the cupboard almost full, for the first time in a long time, as both Bo and MR mismanaged recruitment. It took a year of redshirts, quite a few jucos, and we aren't quite where we should be on depth.
Others say other things, I see whats gone down, and think this was the plan, because, the AD comes out last year and says we just need to get to a bowl, when everyone and his brother was looking at that recruiting class, plus returning potential, had us ranked with nine wins.

Hell, we even redshirted Keem Green

Your prediction for # of wins next year?

The same..There was no accountability in the weight era under Riley... 3 years of crap...

Caption Kirk never had a unbeaten season either..
1) You had no damn idea what was going on in the weight room under Riley, unless you were on the team at the time...and we both know you weren't. Pretty amazing that they still went to 2 bowls (winning 1) and had a 9-win season if they weren't lifting....And my 2 years remark was in reference to his bad seasons. I don't count 9-4 as being part of "3 years of crap".

2) Even if true, that doesn't negate all of the other advantages that Frost has at Nebraska that you now suddenly want to ignore.

3) What does Ferentz not having an undefeated season have to do with this discussion?

Last edited:
That's the way some people are on here.

I've been accused of being a Colorado fan (because I stuck up for a friend of 25 years that is a CU fan instead of siding with a bunch of folks on a chat board that I don't know).

I'm an Iowa fan because I stated the fact that somehow Iowa won 11 games despite not having a Spring Game (which I didn't even know until it was pointed out to me on that thread).

I've also been accused of being fans of Minnesota and Wisconsin. I've been a accused of having earlier accounts, and of being anywhere from 2 to 5 other current posters on here.

Many are suspicious of new posters, even though 1) all of us were new at some point, and 2) only a small fraction of 1% of the Husker fan base posts on here.

There's some awesome people on here with which to converse. There's also some real nut jobs.
I think I understand you now. I asked you a question about this on another post, but seeing how you responded this post I made earlier makes me understand where you're coming from. I too stay objective when need be regardless of who likes it or not.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
I think I understand you now. I asked you a question about this on another post, but seeing how you responded this post I made earlier makes me understand where you're coming from. I too stay objective when need be regardless of who likes it or not.
Welcome back Bo, are you Bo one or Bo two?

Welcome back Bo, are you Bo one or Bo two?

Funny you say that because Bo was the best coach we've had since Solich was fired. Why are you talking about him so much? Surely you don't think Riley or Callahan were guys to praise now all of the sudden? What's your point?

Funny you say that because Bo was the best coach we've had since Solich was fired. Why are you talking about him so much? Surely you don't think Riley or Callahan were guys to praise now all of the sudden? What's your point?
Im not talking about him, I'm talking to you Bo one

No F’n clue. It’s January. No idea how those teams are going to be or how healthy this team is going into the season. I expect better than last year, but getting all wound up about year 3, 4 or 5 right now is pretty damn dumb.

No F’n clue. It’s January. No idea how those teams are going to be or how healthy this team is going into the season. I expect better than last year, but getting all wound up about year 3, 4 or 5 right now is pretty damn dumb.
You and me both brother. Like I said earlier, the way I see it is that we tend to make 1 damn game of progress a year. So it looks like we'll just reach 6 wins this year, 7 wins next year, 8 wins the yea after, and so on.

You and me both brother. Like I said earlier, the way I see it is that we tend to make 1 damn game of progress a year. So it looks like we'll just reach 6 wins this year, 7 wins next year, 8 wins the yea after, and so on.
Congrats. The new account has paid off. You have locked up the most annoying poster in short order.

Get help.

The reality is last season was a major failure. They had several games they should have won to get to 7-8 wins and blew it. Colorado, Purdue, Indiana, and Iowa were all games they should have won. I expect them to win 9 games every season... been disappointed for years now. Frost needs to perform better because he’s getting eaten alive in the BIG.

ADVERTISEMENT