ADVERTISEMENT

Everything I hear from pundits is

IF Frost had taken over with the QB Riley had when he took over, I would venture to say that Frost would have likely posted a couple of winning seasons. IF.
If my aunt had cajones, she would be my uncle.

Bottom line is that the team’s performance over the first 3 years has exhausted the enormous cushion Frost had when he took the job. We are now at the point that winning needs to happen immediately, and excuses just won’t cut it. In an alternate reality in which the team showed more life and tangible upward trajectory up to this point, he would still have some slack. But that’s not actual reality.

IF Frost had taken over with the QB Riley had when he took over, I would venture to say that Frost would have likely posted a couple of winning seasons. IF. I was a Riley supporter but man in hindsight the guys he brought didn't cut the mustard and Diaco completely destroyed the defensive side of the ball in one season.

Never said I wanted Riley. I'm saying that Frost is worse. Riley was 19-19 in 3 years @ NU. He went to two bowl games, winning one. Frost, on the other hand, has gone 12-20 in his three years at NU. NO BOWLS. It's pretty obvious that if he wasn't alumni, on the 1997 championship team and Osborne's boy he'd be gone by now. I hope he can figure out how to win games this year.

Never said I wanted Riley. I'm saying that Frost is worse. Riley was 19-19 in 3 years @ NU. He went to two bowl games, winning one. Frost, on the other hand, has gone 12-20 in his three years at NU. NO BOWLS. It's pretty obvious that if he wasn't alumni, on the 1997 championship team and Osborne's boy he'd be gone by now. I hope he can figure out how to win games this year.
I agree that Frost has been worse. I also agree that if he wasnt alumni he would probably be done. 1 thing that needs to be taken into account is the difference in what MR and SF inherited. You have been around a long time so im sure you are very aware of the difference. When I think about the dumpster fire that MR left I wonder if anyone in coaching at any level could have turned this thing around immediately. Its really tough for me to answer yes to that. And like you I hope this is the year we turn the corner.

This year is going to be fun! Two options:

1. The Huskers surprise and win 8-9 games. What makes this fun? It shows Frost has potential and gives legitimate hope this program has turned the corner and could be coming back.

2. They drop another turd. What makes this fun? We get to see all the excuse makers get very creative for another year.

Damn, I forgot about option 3 - Purgatory. They squeak out a winning season, go to a bowl game, and the excuse makers proclaim Nebraska is back.

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT