ADVERTISEMENT

Everything I hear from pundits is

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
Bullshit. Wins and losses are it. I am hoping for 6 wins and a bowl this year. I want the Huskers to do awesome, but pundits are really having to work hard to sell anything. I could hear the truth in "Coach" Davison's voice this afternoon. He is aware that every game will have to be a fight. There's literally no more sunshine to pump. There is only truth, and I hope for that truth to be positive results.

RSS: "Describe Mike Riley in three words or less."

Sean Callahan: "CEO."

Reactions: Husker Hambone
I just butt funneled all the kool-aide in china after seeing Haarberg lead his team to an improbable victory
If I'm a coach, I'm getting him as many reps as I can.

I'm super impressed with him. He's just raw, but loved how he got on that teammate for running the wrong route and there was a play that he took off and ran, and he looked legit quick to me.

Frost has to have a boner watching him back there. Kid has massive potential.

I'm super impressed with him. He's just raw, but loved how he got on that teammate for running the wrong route and there was a play that he took off and ran, and he looked legit quick to me.

Unfortunately, his erection for A2M is probably hindering that.

What a nasty, unnecessary comment. AM was accurate today with a terrible wind blowing. Manning dropped a long ball that hit his hands. He is definitely quicker than last year. Clearly AM can do nothing right in your eyes but you really count do you?
His career stats are enough for me and many others.

Not some marginal numbers in a touch football scrimmage. Oh and he had another interception during this touch football scrimmage.

Feel free to stroke your erection for him. It's a free message board.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Bullshit. Wins and losses are it. I am hoping for 6 wins and a bowl this year. I want the Huskers to do awesome, but pundits are really having to work hard to sell anything. I could hear the truth in "Coach" Davison's voice this afternoon. He is aware that every game will have to be a fight. There's literally no more sunshine to pump. There is only truth, and I hope for that truth to be positive results.

RSS: "Describe Mike Riley in three words or less."

Sean Callahan: "CEO."
Hoping for 6 wins? That's what it's come to?

• Haha
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
His career stats are enough for me and many others.

Not some marginal numbers in a touch football scrimmage. Oh and he had another interception during this touch football scrimmage.

Feel free to stroke your erection for him. It's a free message board.

A loser says what?

1iqhay.jpg

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
The AM haters are going to have a really hard year.

The dorks that hate on him have been way wrong.

The last two years he has had no WR's, no TE's and lame ass protection. Dorks have been hating on the wrong person.

Yep. Also hikes flying all over the place but the genius crowd blames him for that too. The last couple of years they were insisting on firing Chins. Lol! They'll never stop.

Are you kidding me?! Kid will be eaten alive in the Big Ten.

Yep. Also hikes flying all over the place but the genius crowd blames him for that too. The last couple of years they were insisting on firing Chins. Lol! They'll never stop.
I don't like Martinez's decision making at times and his ball insecurity at other times BUT, there is no doubt that the lack of enough weapons as receivers, the lack of a premier RB AND all of the snap and false start issues have had to have damaged him. The question for this season for me is IF he can fix his ball security issues AND overcome the demons. Snaps, Penalties, Turnovers. Those are the big 3 IMO for our offense and probably our season this year.

Kids got a heck of an arm and the ball is doing what it's supposed to do when he throws it. Not a mystery toss everytime. He might not have a ton of patience and go through his progressions properly yet but I liked what I saw. Closest thing we've had since Brooke Berringer since ,..... Brooke Berringer.

I thought the look on martinez face was interesting after the completed td pass ala Texas

What a nasty, unnecessary comment. AM was accurate today with a terrible wind blowing. Manning dropped a long ball that hit his hands. He is definitely quicker than last year. Clearly AM can do nothing right in your eyes but you really count do you?
Accurate? Not the short passes to Ervin. Way off target. This has been a problem for AM his entire career.

This are often designed first option passes to the running back , drive killers or at least a wasted down.

This kid is a much of a hard worker as he is just an overall great guy. How can you not root for him to succeed? He's shown us his freshman year what he's capable of, and he has what it takes to lead this team back to respectability. Let's go AM!

Ok, give me the breakdown. Where are we better?

You don't see that we are better at WR and TE? Really? Leiwander, Falck and Robinson are better than Manning, Betts, Martin and Toure? Allen and Voleck are going to be worse than they were last year?

It is fair to take a wait and see approach on the OL, but it's also pretty hard to imaging that group not being better also. 3 full-time starters back and 4 from the last game of the year.

It is fair to take a wait and see approach on the OL, but it's also pretty hard to imaging that group not being better also. 3 full-time starters back and 4 from the last game of the year.
Minus 2 NFL draft picks on the OL. I don’t think it’s hard to imagine that group not being better.

Last edited:
Neither OL NFL draft pick was even good enough last year to be all-conference based on their play. Yeah, I know they got honorable mention, but they had to give someone on the offense honorable mention. Who else you going to nominate from that offense? Farniok got beat out at tackle by a redshirt freshman who hadn't even had a spring practice, and we had our best running game of the year after Jamies quit on the team to focus on his draft and we plugged in a true freshman. I am very confident that our line will be much improved. Whether that will help our QB avoid boneheaded plays is where I am taking a wait and see approach.

Okay, so tell me.

Torue> Robinson
Manning> Warner
Martin another year in the program > Oliver Martin transfer
Betts another year in the program> Zavier Betts true freshman
Nixon freshman coming off a year ending injury last year
I’ll add Barron Miles Jr, true freshman.

Running back room adds Ervin Jr, Stepp transfer from USC, Yant walk on from Florida and Morrison and Marvin Scott III.

Get the picture!

Last edited:
Neither OL NFL draft pick was even good enough last year to be all-conference based on their play. Yeah, I know they got honorable mention, but they had to give someone on the offense honorable mention. Who else you going to nominate from that offense? Farniok got beat out at tackle by a redshirt freshman who hadn't even had a spring practice, and we had our best running game of the year after Jamies quit on the team to focus on his draft and we plugged in a true freshman. I am very confident that our line will be much improved. Whether that will help our QB avoid boneheaded plays is where I am taking a wait and see approach.
A few comments
1. NFL scouting is more thorough and objective than all conference selections. Not even close
2. One of the guys we lost on the OL was a 4 year starter and our highest NFL draft pick in 5 years. I will argue that he was not a bum and will not be easily replaced in 2021.
3. The fact we had our best running game of the year against Rutgers says more about Rutgers than us.
4. Our other NFL draft pick didn’t get beat out. He got moved to his more natural and ultimate NFL position once they finally got somebody serviceable to take the RT spot. It was about getting our best 5 on the line, and he was that for 4 years.

So you’re very confident the OL will be much improved in 2021. Good for you. Hope you’re right. Not holding my breath.

Reactions: Agegoneby
Torue> Robinson
Manning> Warner

Running back room adds Ervin Jr, Stepp transfer from USC, Yant walk on from Florida and Morrison and Marvin Scott III.

Get the picture!
This. Last year between Covid and injuries, NU had bad luck on both and so insufficient depth at WR and RB. Frost may have finally gotten out of the roster churn at WR. Toure is nearly a half foot taller than Wandale and Manning just looks bigger than anyone on the field that isn’t a lineman. If Omar can combine talent and playbook, they will be a handful when lined up on the same side.

Torue> Robinson
Manning> Warner

Get the picture!
I get the delusion

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
So where is he wrong???
Toure automatically is better than Wan'Dale? we'll see. Wan'Dale is small and we forced him the ball, sure, but at least he showed up when the lights were on, unlike the lion's share of the team.

Manning will be better than Warner if he actually plays. who knows if that will happen.

Betts should be better than last year. TBD if we throw him the ball.

Nixon, who knows

Miles, Jr., who knows

all of the RBs, who knows. I certainly am not in any state of mind to call who we have there currently an upgrade over Mills.

the only thing I'm positive about is Haarberg > Luke

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Toure automatically is better than Wan'Dale? we'll see. Wan'Dale is small and we forced him the ball, sure, but at least he showed up when the lights were on, unlike the lion's share of the team.

Manning will be better than Warner if he actually plays. who knows if that will happen.

Betts should be better than last year. TBD if we throw him the ball.

Nixon, who knows

Miles, Jr., who knows

all of the RBs, who knows. I certainly am not in any state of mind to call who we have there currently an upgrade over Mills.

the only thing I'm positive about is Haarberg > Luke

So if you take the most pessimistic view possible we might only be right by a little? The TE and WR are light years better than last year. It doesn’t change who AM is, but it will help.

Last edited:
So if you take the most pessimistic view possible he might only be right by a little? The TE and WR are light years better than last year. It doesn’t change who AM is, but it will help.
lightyears?

the TE should develop, yes. not sure 'lightyears' happens to this group during one offseason

and the WR might be better. again, we're talking about what should be natural development for 2 guys (Betts/Martin) while plugging in an FCS player and a disappearing act.

I think the offense will look nearly identical to last year's.

now, if #10 takes the reins, perhaps we will actually see what some of these guys' ceilings look like in a year or 2.

Until Manning shows something in a game, I’m going to wonder why he was the 3rd freshman wr in the eyes of Frost last year.

What are you talking about? The kid wasn’t even a freshman and would have started, if healthy. Hell just standing on the sideline is better than Warner gave us. But sure, carry on in fantasy land, maybe you will be right and everyone will suck just because, Warner and co will be just as good as Manning and Toure so you can bitch 24/7 and be proven “right”, won’t that be great 🙁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT