ADVERTISEMENT

Evansville took out Kentucky

last night in basketball. $#!+ happens in college ball. Leave the Mayor alone.
I know the Mo Valley is a bad word on this message board but dam, that was a perfect storm. We are talking a 3 hour straight shot from Evansville to Lexington, kids who grew up loving UK basketball who didn’t even get a shot to walk-on and they played them after a 1 vs 2 matchup!!! Let down city

Kentucky was playing without 3 of their starters and the other two guys were freshmen playing with a flu. Evansville caught that lightning in a bottle moment. If they play today Kentucky would drill them by 30 or more.
If Kentucky played then 30 times, UK win 29 of them...

As one of those dam awful Jayskers, I love the MO valley but Evansville was bad before they fired McCarty. They were 9-4 when he was suspended with losses to George W, Jax St, & East Car.

That Evansville loss by UK had to do more with the UK playing short handed as CatColumbia stated and also remember the proximity of Evansville in regards to Kentucky. That’s a bunch of kids who grew up Kentucky fans.

It’d be like us winning the B1G West next year but losing to South Dakota Stats cause our starting O-Line had the flu and AM was out

Reactions: CatColumbia
Yeah, but still it happened. And people would never let us forget if we lost to South Dakota State regardless of any injury situation.

Kentucky was playing without 3 of their starters and the other two guys were freshmen playing with a flu. Evansville caught that lightning in a bottle moment. If they play today Kentucky would drill them by 30 or more.
Probably...but to me, Kentucky playing their bottom 7 players should still beat an 0-fer MVC team.

This makes the Aztec's loss to UNLV not lo0ok so bad. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT