ADVERTISEMENT

ETEVA MAUGA-CLEMENTS

This is horrible and it's beginning to sound like a trend...

Big Ten Total Defense Stats
2017 – 14th
2018 – 12th
2019 – 10th
2020 – 6th

Hope those trends continue.

Currently have three 4 star players trying to beat out Reimer, Kolaveric (apparently not to complicated for him to learn) and Honas.

Middle LB is fine and Eteva has his work cut out for him is he wants to play.

clements should probably transfer. it was a crowded position group when he committed. there are too many recruits wanting to play for nebraska than there are legit need for them.

clements should probably transfer. it was a crowded position group when he committed. there are too many recruits wanting to play for nebraska than there are legit need for them.
Injuries are common place, and depth is the name of the game.

Reactions: headcard
You understand only 2 Middle LBs play at once right? It’s crazy competitive and vital for the BIG10 not everyone will hack it that’s why you take multiples in a class
85 scholarships and only perhaps a third play on a consistent basis in any year. The math is not difficult.

Reactions: scarletred
Injuries are common place, and depth is the name of the game.
well sure from the coaches perspective. but recruits dont want to sit on the bench for 3-4 years. If a program is pretty deep at a position with young players then recruits should more often than not go somewhere else. Recruits seem to trust coaches sales pitches more than they trust their own eyes when looking at a depth chart.
if you're at Bama a lot of young players will leave early for the NFL.
i think i read Frost signed more players than any program in the league and maybe the country in his first 2-3 years? thats a program future recruits should be wary of. before covid allowed 6th seniors to come back NEB was probably the youngest program in the league. Great for the program's future but shitty for future recruits. they are too wowed by the coaches words to figure it out.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Sorry, I should have included a sarcasm emoji.
I guess your sarcasm should have been obvious. A testament to some of our more overtly negative board members that it was not.

well sure from the coaches perspective. but recruits dont want to sit on the bench for 3-4 years. If a program is pretty deep at a position with young players then recruits should more often than not go somewhere else. Recruits seem to trust coaches sales pitches more than they trust their own eyes when looking at a depth chart.
if you're at Bama a lot of young players will leave early for the NFL.
i think i read Frost signed more players than any program in the league and maybe the country in his first 2-3 years? thats a program future recruits should be wary of. before covid allowed 6th seniors to come back NEB was probably the youngest program in the league. Great for the program's future but shitty for future recruits. they are too wowed by the coaches words to figure it out.
every single school is permitted 85 scholarship players and 25 recruits/year.

these posts are so great. everyone should transfer unless their name is cemented in the starting lineup!

I remember when we used bring kids in just to blitz on 3rd down. Nothing else.

Blitzing with speed.

Slooooooow down kids. He came in last year as a very raw JUCO but a very talented one and got a free year. He could still redshirt this year and have multiple years of eligibility. The years 2022 and 2023 are still scheduled to exist.

I smell a slide outside for somebody given how deep and talented they seem to be at ILB and how...the opposite of that...they are at OLB. It was odd to me that they moved Henrich inside. They seem to keep doing this thing where they'd rather have 5 really solid ILBs than 2 really solid OLBs.

every single school is permitted 85 scholarship players and 25 recruits/year.

these posts are so great. everyone should transfer unless their name is cemented in the starting lineup!
i understand. but not all schools have the majority of their scholarships in the freshman and soph classes. That plays a significant role in opportunity for recruits. Noa Pola Gates has been waiting 3 years because he signed onto a situation where he wasn't going to be needed until his senior year. it is not the same at every single school. he might have played after his redshirt season somewhere else.

i understand. but not all schools have the majority of their scholarships in the freshman and soph classes. That plays a significant role in opportunity for recruits. Noa Pola Gates has been waiting 3 years because he signed onto a situation where he wasn't going to be needed until his senior year. it is not the same at every single school. he might have played after his redshirt season somewhere else.
Yes, they do.

It is exceedingly rare for any team to have 25 juniors or seniors. It is outrageously common, however, for more than half a roster to be underclassmen.

Next time your head comes out of your rear, take a peek at some rosters across the country. Then, perhaps, you’ll have a teeny tiny bit of knowledge before embarrassing yourself yet again with nonsensical posts regarding roster construction.

Outside of the military academies, I would wager the amount of FBS teams that have 50+ juniors & seniors is in the single digits.

Reactions: timnsun
NPG is entering his third year. He was injured last year.
Pretty common for a RS Soph (Covid freshman) to see his first meaningful playing time. At least it was at NU back when they won most of their games.

85 scholarships and only perhaps a third play on a consistent basis in any year. The math is not difficult.

JMHO. The portal is the killer. Too easy if you're unhappy to just head for the portal. I would like to see results from other teams on the portal. GBA/GBR

JMHO. The portal is the killer. Too easy if you're unhappy to just head for the portal. I would like to see results from other teams on the portal. GBA/GBR
The portal plus a possible no-excuse one time transfer is an opportunity to create a better roster.

Yes, due to Covid, most all schools. especially those that redshirt their freshman classes, right now have rosters where a majority of their scholarships are freshman and sophomores. It is sort of simple math. Everyone was given an extra year for last year. So all the redshirt sophs are still sophs, all the true sophs are still sophs, all the redshirt freshmen are still freshmen, all the true freshmen are still freshmen.

That doesn't even take into account @John_J_Rambo post about the number of juniors and seniors on a roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT