ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN has us at 10-2

Have seen a couple of predictions for losing to Minnesota and I think there's no way. I have a feeling Frost is going to have P.J.'s number after they way NU throttled them last year.

I think 3-4 losses is more likely. Would guess UW, OSU and then a random like Purdue, NWU, maybe one more loss in a game they're favored.

But if Martinez gets hurt that loss total runs up in a hurry and they have to think about pulling the RS off McCaffrey.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
They other thing is Northwestern has had our number in Lincoln and we need to change that around this year..

It's actually a tad misleading:

In 2015 and 2017 NW very simply had better football teams when they came into Lincoln. I think people probably feel like those games were upsets, but they really weren't. NW had experienced Laden rosters those years. Nebraska went a combined 9 - 14 in those two seasons. Hell you could argue NW was absolutely fortuitous to play in Lincoln those two seasons.

In 2013, the teams were actually fairly even and it was settled by the hail Mary.

In 2011, Nebraska had no business losing to NW. I will Argue that was one of Pelini's worst coached games of his career. The 11 game is the only time you could really suggest NW just "had their number."

Its interesting how the 2019 game will be the first time NW comes into Lincoln with a rebuilding team early in the conference season.

10-2? I say we go 11-1.
I wouldn't say there is a game we can't win. I haven't thought that for years. Ohio St will of course be tough, but it is in Lincoln and will probably be a night game. I wan't to say we have only lost 4 night games in Lincoln ever. If we can beat them, all other we should be the favorite.

I wouldn't say there is a game we can't win. I haven't thought that for years. Ohio St will of course be tough, but it is in Lincoln and will probably be a night game. I wan't to say we have only lost 4 night games in Lincoln ever. If we can beat them, all other we should be the favorite.

Fox will not let this be a night game it will be a 11:00 Kickoff..

Is fox covering it? If so why wouldn't they want it a prime time game? Possibly 2 undefeated teams.

Because Fox has came out and said they want their own prime time game not competing with CBS at 2:30 and ABC at night..

Have seen a couple of predictions for losing to Minnesota and I think there's no way. I have a feeling Frost is going to have P.J.'s number after they way NU throttled them last year.

I think 3-4 losses is more likely. Would guess UW, OSU and then a random like Purdue, NWU, maybe one more loss in a game they're favored.

But if Martinez gets hurt that loss total runs up in a hurry and they have to think about pulling the RS off McCaffrey.
Not sure I agree with you this time Beav. We hardly “throttled” Minnesota last year. We built a solid lead only to let them come back. A couple of breaks go their way in the second half and they may have won. Our defense in that game, as it was for most of the year, was shit.
If we don’t improve on defense there is no way we go 10-2. No way. Will we improve? I think so. But how much is the question.

Not sure I agree with you this time Beav. We hardly “throttled” Minnesota last year. We built a solid lead only to let them come back. A couple of breaks go their way in the second half and they may have won. Our defense in that game, as it was for most of the year, was shit.
If we don’t improve on defense there is no way we go 10-2. No way. Will we improve? I think so. But how much is the question.
Agree our D must improve drastically to get to 10-2. As far as the MN game we still throttled them pretty dang good. They had a small comeback in the 3rd, but nothing drastic by any means.
We were up 14-0 in the 1st. 28-8 in the 2nd. 32-22 in the 3rd. 53-28 final. The only quarter they outscored us was the 3rd, 14-8
Watching Frosts teams this type of game seems to happen. Pull out to a large lead, offense goes stagnant for a quarter or 2, then pull ahead for the win.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
NU opened up 28-0, UM got within 6 in the 3rd, then NU put up another 17 unanswered.

UM got one more garbage time TD with 4 mins left and couldn't get the 2-point, then NU scored again to make it a 25-point margin of victory. I'm sticking with throttled.

The defense wasn't great but they got a red zone pick that really broke UM's back and the offense was practically scoring at will. When you contrast that with how they ran up and down the field on Riley the year before, it speaks volumes.

That puts Nebraska in the Big 10 Championship game and an outside chance at the playoffs.
The way it has been going. Even if we go 10-2 and win the BIG10 we would probably still miss a playoff spot. Hell we could go 11-1 and win the BIG10 and still possibly miss out. We and the BIG10 needs to go the SEC route and schedule 4 cup cakes a year to get into the playoff apparently.

Yeah for the people that think Minnesota is going to win the west they are just crazy. They beat Wisconsin last year in their worst year in the last 10 and that made them bowl eligible to beat a crappy one dimensional Georgia tech team that was losing their coach. If they lose to Wisconsin and don’t make that bowl game it’s a lot different topic coming into the season about flecks seat getting warm. The games they lost they got throttled the ones they won they should have. Nebraska Purdue Iowa and Northwestern are the top teams in the west and up and headed the right direction. Minnesota has the most decommits every year and fleck is a used car salesmen type and won’t last long.

Reactions: husker2612
Not saying our D was great last year, but we gave up 2 points less than our average against minny, and 9 points less than wiscys D.
Minny will be tough, but so will stopping us.

6 - 6 or 7 - 5 is more of a reality in year two, the rest of the league is not going to roll over because Scooter Frost is on the other side of the field. The total rebuild job that was needed in Lincoln is going to take about 5 years before 10 win seasons come into play. Just saying!

6 - 6 or 7 - 5 is more of a reality in year two, the rest of the league is not going to roll over because Scooter Frost is on the other side of the field. The total rebuild job that was needed in Lincoln is going to take about 5 years before 10 win seasons come into play. Just saying!

Scooter accomplished more in year 2 as a head football coach than Ferentz has accomplished lifetime.

And don't go halfway. It's going to take 25 years-- probably longer -- to rebuild.

Also, Iowa sucks.

The way it has been going. Even if we go 10-2 and win the BIG10 we would probably still miss a playoff spot. Hell we could go 11-1 and win the BIG10 and still possibly miss out. We and the BIG10 needs to go the SEC route and schedule 4 cup cakes a year to get into the playoff apparently.

Every SEC team with the exception of Arkansas plays 9 power 5 opponents next year (I counted BYU for Tennessee).
Florida, Georgia and S Carolina play 10.

I don't believe we are obligated to schedule out of conference power 5 opponents

We only have 9 power 5 opponents in 2020.

Last edited:
Scooter accomplished more in year 2 as a head football coach than Ferentz has accomplished lifetime.

And don't go halfway. It's going to take 25 years-- probably longer -- to rebuild.

Also, Iowa sucks.
You do realize I’m from the Wisconsin board? I’m not concerned with Iowa or its coach.

Laughing RollingLaugh Laughing

Reactions: SOHusker11
You do realize I’m from the Wisconsin board? I’m not concerned with Iowa or its coach.
How was anyone to know that you're from the Wisconsin board? And why did you make a new account to post here? You're not much different than the Iowa posters on here - in a state of denial.

Much like iowa with kf, so too has wiscy peaked, Barrys getting old,so is kf.
It was a good ride while it lasted, we lasted through two great staffs here, where Barry came from, so we see things differently than you do.
Watch out wiscy, were on to number three under SF.

Much like iowa with kf, so too has wiscy peaked, Barrys getting old,so is kf.
It was a good ride while it lasted, we lasted through two great staffs here, where Barry came from, so we see things differently than you do.
Watch out wiscy, were on to number three under SF.

AD Alvarez was not born in Nebraska so I don’t get your “Barry came from” comment? What’s up with that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT