ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Commentators that hate Nebraska

bearcats667

Walk On
Nov 3, 2017
In honor of College Gameday, drop some names that you think hates nebraska!
I used to think Kirk Herb used to hate Nebraska but I think deep down he doesnt as much as fans think. Brent Musburger, Todd Blackledge, Dave Pasch. Anymore?

Cunningham was not anti Nebraska. He was just a blowhard and an idiot. He said all the same crap in every game he called. Fowler got in some good natured digs but why not? He is a CU grad and that’s what makes college football fun. I never sensed though that he was anti Nebraska. I don’t think any of them are

Last edited:
Friggin blabber-mouth announcers not constantly stroking my ego by saying nice things about Nebraska football...

Some douchebag in Des Moines and Mark Kiszla. That's about it.

I listen to Des Moines sports radio daily, all of them hate Nebraska. One of the blowhards actually admitted to dumping piss on an opposing teams fan at Kinnick.

All of them, although Herbstreit has given us props recently. I think he sees our history. The guy knows football.

Corso too because he coached during our heyday but he's one stroke away from not being able to verbally communicate.

If anyone hates us, they must be in the senior citizen age group.. We seriously haven't given anyone a reason to "hate" us in the past 17 years. In other words, we haven't been very relevant in over a decade and a half. I welcome the day we are in the playoffs and haters begin to hate.
Iowa hates us because we play Maurice Washington. The serial rapist, pedophile, drug lord himself. I also heard he doesn’t recycle. Scum.

good ole "open container" mushmellon.....a legend in his own mind, you are listening live to a ahhh ticket holder from the town of Lincoln Nebraska!

Reactions: 8th Street
The Herbstreit debacle on ESPN years ago when they were naming the greatest teams of all time was not really his opinion...it was too much Nebraska for a producer who was in his ear pleading with him to mix it up. Anyone who regularly watches Gameday knows that he is not Anti-Nebraska. Desmond Howard OTOH seems really butthurt about 1997 even though he wasn't on that team.

The Herbstreit debacle on ESPN years ago when they were naming the greatest teams of all time was not really his opinion...it was too much Nebraska for a producer who was in his ear pleading with him to mix it up. Anyone who regularly watches Gameday knows that he is not Anti-Nebraska. Desmond Howard OTOH seems really butthurt about 1997 even though he wasn't on that team.

Desmond is an all around idiot. That guy is the worst on Gameday.

Reactions: mgbreis
If anyone hates us, they must be in the senior citizen age group.. We seriously haven't given anyone a reason to "hate" us in the past 17 years. In other words, we haven't been very relevant in over a decade and a half. I welcome the day we are in the playoffs and haters begin to hate.
As one of those old folks, I agree somewhat. Except I would say that even in the glory years pre-2002, it was more jealousy than hate.

I look forward to the day when the current laughter/sarcasm/pity again turns to jealousy. Unfortunately as one of the old folks, I question whether I will live that long.

Nobody is biased against Nebraska. Take the tin foil hat off.
If they are human they are bias towards or against certain teams at certain times. Not saying a commentator always hates Nebraska. I guarantee there are some who sway one way or the other.

Urban Meyer seems to like us. The ex CU QB Joel Klatt seems to like us, amazing I know.

Those two don’t necessarily “like us”.

They respect how Frost runs his offense and defense and how he runs the program. And they believe he will win at Nebraska.

Just don’t confuse the two.

1620 this morning was saying Herbstreit has a lot of respect for Frost, so that may be helping.

Les Miles a couple years ago was maybe the worst homer for the Huskers I've ever seen. He was openly referring to Nebraska as we and rooting in the booth.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Les Miles a couple years ago was maybe the worst homer for the Huskers I've ever seen. He was openly referring to Nebraska as we and rooting in the booth.
Well his son was on the team at that time, so it’s hard to blame him for that IMO.

Reactions: timnsun
Cunningham was not anti Nebraska. He was just a blowhard and an idiot. He said all the same crap in every game he called. Fowler got in some good natured digs but why not? He is a CU grad and that’s what makes college football fun. I never sensed though that he was anti Nebraska. I don’t think any of them are
Can't stand that guy. World class nozzle.

I recall him having it out for Eric Martin, years ago. You'd have thought Caveman must have hooked up with Ron's daughter or something.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
While Klatt may not “like us” and has certainly expressed his respect for Scott Frost, his appreciation for Nebraska, or at least the Nebraska fan base pre-dates the arrival of Frost as HC.

Joel Klatt on Rome, starts at around 3:15.

Bonus content by Joel Klatt at 5:59: "If you were going to win a championship, maybe then he could go off and say hey the fan base sucks, the media sucks, my administration sucks. But guess what the constant is Bo, you. Well maybe you suck.”

Wonder what this former (guest) ESPN commentator thinks

tenor.gif

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
While Klatt may not “like us” and has certainly expressed his respect for Scott Frost, his appreciation for Nebraska, or at least the Nebraska fan base pre-dates the arrival of Frost as HC.

Joel Klatt on Rome, starts at around 3:15.

Bonus content by Joel Klatt at 5:59: "If you were going to win a championship, maybe then he could go off and say hey the fan base sucks, the media sucks, my administration sucks. But guess what the constant is Bo, you. Well maybe you suck.”

So he didn’t respect Bo and didn’t like Bo.

still a huge difference between like/ hate and respect/ don’t respect. 99% of the national media don’t think about like/hate a team. There is exceptions where a player went to or played at a school and they are biased towards or speak unfairly of a rival. But that is rare. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Brady Quinn or Herbstreit or Wannstedt, say anything negative about USC or Michigan or West Virginia just because. It is always warranted.

So he didn’t respect Bo and didn’t like Bo.

still a huge difference between like/ hate and respect/ don’t respect. 99% of the national media don’t think about like/hate a team. There is exceptions where a player went to or played at a school and they are biased towards or speak unfairly of a rival. But that is rare. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Brady Quinn or Herbstreit or Wannstedt, say anything negative about USC or Michigan or West Virginia just because. It is always warranted.
I don't think I said anything about Klatt or any other commentator or talking head, hating Nebraska. I also said that he may not "like us". My guess is that he probably isn't a "fan" of Nebraska but more of a fan of college football and probably thinks college football is better when Nebraska is a factor. All I pointed out is that his respect for the Nebraska fan base pre-dates the arrival of Scott Frost. He literally says in the clip that he has always respected the Nebraska fan base.

I used to think Kirk Herb used to hate Nebraska but I think deep down he doesnt as much as fans think. Brent Musburger, Todd Blackledge, Dave Pasch. Anymore?

Do yourself a favor, don't invest any interest into what an "expert" thinks about your school's football team and really, who cares what they think? Don't watch Gameday or any of the pre-game soap opera story lines either. Trust me, it makes watching the game far more enjoyable.

Good luck Saturday.

I remember very clearly Mark May giving us a hard time for not talking to Callahan sooner when we had an opening, and remember just as vividly making fun of us for even considering him when he flopped. I'm not sure if he hated us, or was just a douche nozzle, either way, he really sucked.

Reactions: EATAFAT1

Maybe Desmond. He'll get fired or disappear soon. Otherwise, Nebraska has sucked at football.

I imagine most talking heads are apathetic to Husker football. When they start talking about why Nebraska doesn't belong in the discussion for something, then you know they are being haters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT