ADVERTISEMENT

Espn article on Game of the Century

We should be super excited about the game this weekend and instead I just hope we dont get embarrassed. I HATE where this program is and has been for too long.
I hate it, too. I miss the old days of Bob Devaney, Dr. Tom and Barry. There were some great games. Wish I had not just a time machine, but a device that would allow do overs.

I hate it, too. I miss the old days of Bob Devaney, Dr. Tom and Barry. There were some great games. Wish I had not just a time machine, but a device that would allow do overs.
Interesting listen HOL Radio this morning. They talked with a guy from Rivals Sooner site. He said fans are interested in the game, but most of the players don't remember Oklahoma and Nebraska playing. On the move to SEC, Oklahoma fans are over the BIG 12 and it was hurting Sooner recruiting. As for the Red River Rivalry, if it disappears not a big deal. The SEC offers so much more that the loss of that rivalry would be like the Nebraska Rivalry.
Time marches on

Interesting listen HOL Radio this morning. They talked with a guy from Rivals Sooner site. He said fans are interested in the game, but most of the players don't remember Oklahoma and Nebraska playing. On the move to SEC, Oklahoma fans are over the BIG 12 and it was hurting Sooner recruiting. As for the Red River Rivalry, if it disappears not a big deal. The SEC offers so much more that the loss of that rivalry would be like the Nebraska Rivalry.
Time marches on
I saw some of the replay today on the B1G network. I had forgotten that OU threw 2 long passes on consecutive plays to score a TD with 5 seconds left in the first half to take the lead at halftime.

Use to be Thanksgiving morning breakfast tradition watching replay on YouTube..

How could people watch games not in HD? That had to be really hard to do. Horrible production value without score and clock in the corner. The sheer lack or size and speed on the field was shocking for both teams. Didn't see a single player on either team that could play today, even for Nebraska. Didn't look all that great to me but i guess I'm too young to appreciate. As much as it pains me to say, dont see how people rate the 71 team that high when they do greatest teams lists. 220lb OL would get killed today. Can't spend life looking in the rear view mirror, need to look thru the windshield.

How could people watch games not in HD? That had to be really hard to do. Horrible production value without score and clock in the corner. The sheer lack or size and speed on the field was shocking for both teams. Didn't see a single player on either team that could play today, even for Nebraska. Didn't look all that great to me but i guess I'm too young to appreciate. As much as it pains me to say, dont see how people rate the 71 team that high when they do greatest teams lists. 220lb OL would get killed today. Can't spend life looking in the rear view mirror, need to look thru the windshield.
You serious? Greatest teams of all time aren’t measured by saying, “Could they beat top teams today?” They are measured by how much better they are than the rest of the country in that year. They were head and shoulders above all other teams not named Oklahoma.

Of course that team wouldn’t stand up to today’s competition. But when you look at their dominance over their opponents in that era, it is much easier to see their greatness.

Those that rate them as the greatest team of all time know a bit more about football than you do, if this is your take.

You do realize that the 1971 Nebraska team been the only team in college football history that beat #2,#3,#4 teams at years end right?

Obviously you’re way too young how dominant that team was, and that 71 OU team was one of the best running teams in college football and still holds the average rushing record per game..

Reactions: timnsun
That was sarcasm, right??

Usain Bolt would kick Jesse Owens's ass in the 100 meters. Jesse Owens...what a loser...

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
new%2Bis%2Balways%2Bbetter.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT