ADVERTISEMENT

Erstad to the Dodgers?

HuskerSoCal

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2012
I know the football team is struggling and people are focused on that, but I as surprised there were no posts about Erstad interviewing for the Dodgers Manager position. What's the word in Lincoln? I imagine if offered, he'd have to take it - nothing like a 10x salary increase...

Yeah, I dunno. You're probably right, but I never got the impression he was driven by money. He's got lots of it already and he does love Lincoln. That being said, I do believe he has a big soft spot for the Angels and I think that's probably more significant than anything.

Saw a recent article in an Angels blog that quoted coaches and friends in the organization who state Erstad has said he already has his dream job coaching at Nebraska and loves working with the kids, etc. They thought there was "zero" chance he'd leave for a coaching job in the MLB, but they were talking "Coaching" job, not Manager of the richest team out there. The article mentioned that Erstad made over $50M during his playing days, so it's probably not about the money...

Watched the MLB Network the other day when they were discussing the role and they didn't mention Ersty once. Sounds like a long shot.

I hope he stays in Lincoln!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT