ADVERTISEMENT

Erstad steps down

I'm sure Will Bolt's name will come up. I think it's hard to say who among current head coaches we might be able to get-we haven't hired outside the program since Dave Van Horn.

Stunning news. No idea who is on Moos' list.

My first call would be Childress. One, to offer him the job, but when he says no to get his short list. Reason being is he loves Nebraska. Always has, had a home here, kid graduated here, he wants Nebraska to be successful and knows the game and options better than most.

Reactions: saluno22
Thanks Coach E.
I did enjoy the ride.
I always figured you'd stay long enough, that you'd end up coaching your sons to a CWS tirophy some day.
Enjoy your new free time.

Well, well.
Looks like a lot of people got their x-mas early this year.
Curious how this is going to work out.
Good story on the home page about Moos and the future of the baseball program.... wants someone with head coaching experience (interesting).

I guess my main concern at this point would be,
just keeping the players in the program.

Reactions: k9_r
Thanks Coach E.
I did enjoy the ride.
I always figured you'd stay long enough, that you'd end up coaching your sons to a CWS tirophy some day.
Enjoy your new free time.

Well, well.
Looks like a lot of people got their x-mas early this year.
Curious how this is going to work out.
Good story on the home page about Moos and the future of the baseball program.... wants someone with head coaching experience (interesting).

Yeah, I mean a great hire will naturally keep the players but a culture change will flush a few out. I'm ready for the future of Husker Baseball and admittedly never denied it. I do appreciate Erstad as a player, coach, and person, but I'm ready to get back to national relevancy again. Which of course is still yet to be seen.

I don't see that being much of an issue. If Moss makes a splash hire a current or incoming player would be silly to look elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT