ADVERTISEMENT

Erstad is pissed

Fans are pissed too. He shouldn`t act like the Lone Ranger.

The hole they have dug is getting deeper, Illinois could and probably will bury them for good. Are we in the Big 10 tournament as an 8 seed? Whatever, man. Our baseball fan base is easily top 10-15 in the country behind SEC schools. How is this happening? Really hoping for a long-shot a regional but they gotta get hot now, and I mean RIGHT now. However, I'm not even sure I want them in a regional. Doesn't look like they want to go to a regional either.

The hole they have dug is getting deeper, Illinois could and probably will bury them for good. Are we in the Big 10 tournament as an 8 seed? Whatever, man. Our baseball fan base is easily top 10-15 in the country behind SEC schools. How is this happening? Really hoping for a long-shot a regional but they gotta get hot now, and I mean RIGHT now. However, I'm not even sure I want them in a regional. Doesn't look like they want to go to a regional either.

"Getting deeper?" They're done...and the head coach should be done too if we repeat this bulls**t next year! 9-12 and 8th place in the B1G.. Effing pathetic!!

Reactions: huskerfan 67
The hole they have dug is getting deeper, Illinois could and probably will bury them for good. Are we in the Big 10 tournament as an 8 seed?

We are 2 games ahead of Minnesota, with 3 games remaining for each team, for the 8 seed. 1 win and NU is in the conference tournament regardless what the Gophers do as we have the head to head series.

Heading in to the Purdue series, we were looking to lock up the 7 seed, now we're fighting just to make the tournament.

I like Erstad but he hasn't accomplished much.

Disagree, getting back to regionals in three years after what Anderson did to this program is not something to write off. Yes, this year has been a disappointment but let's not forget where we were when he took over.

1. 35-23 in year 1
  2. 29-30 in year 2 (lost in B1G title game)
  3. 41-21 in year 3 (regional team)
  4. 34-19 in year 4 (disappointed finish, TBD though)
Hold off on the weaker competition, our SOS isn't much different compared to the last few years of playing in the B12.

outside of the bball run last year, there hasn't been much to cheer the last several years. Depressing

outside of the bball run last year, there hasn't been much to cheer the last several years. Depressing

There's been plenty to cheer...
  • Pelini fired
  • 2014 baseball regionals
  • Volleyball elite 8 (this past season)
  • 2015 softball super regionals
  • 2015 track N Field conference title
  • 2015 bowling national championship (I know, I know, still though)

#1 is really the only one that even registers for me. #2 and #3 should be minimums in those sports most seasons. #4 and #6, yeah I'll watch, but whatever. #5...good to know, guess I missed that.

There's been plenty to cheer...
  • Pelini fired
  • 2014 baseball regionals
  • Volleyball elite 8 (this past season)
  • 2015 softball super regionals
  • 2015 track N Field conference title
  • 2015 bowling national championship (I know, I know, still though)
Unfortunately you have to admit since joining the B1G this is the worst we have finished in Men's and Women's all around sports standings.

Reactions: sparky62
Disagree, getting back to regionals in three years after what Anderson did to this program is not something to write off. Yes, this year has been a disappointment but let's not forget where we were when he took over.

1. 35-23 in year 1
Hold off on the weaker competition, our SOS isn't much different compared to the last few years of playing in the B12.

HTO your definition of accomplishment and mine must be different because that looks like one regional appearance in 3 years, (where we went 1-2 with a lone win over someplace called Binghampton) and no hardware to speak of and trending the wrong direction.

2012 was a great turn-around
2013 was a self-inflicted wound where DE's over excited scheduling turned a likely tournament team into a sub .500 team
2014, Yay now we're talking
2015, umm the fact that we have a chance to miss the Big 10 tourney and almost no shot at a regional bid is not where I expected this program to be at the end of year 4

With that said I expect DE to get 2 more years before things get hot but I need to start seeing some hardware

1. 35-23 in year 1

These are some fair points; however, I'm personally starting to become very concerned with DE's offensive philosophy and how he recruits to that philosophy. I'm really hoping DE starts to make some changes. We should be winning a lot more games considering the quality of our pitching.

No disagreement from me Archie but my response was about context to the poster that claimed, "he hasn't accomplished much". That couldn't be further from reality...

No disagreement from me Archie but my response was about context to the poster that claimed, "he hasn't accomplished much". That couldn't be further from reality...

Got it. I was just playing off your statement without considering previous context.

I'd really love DE to be the guy moving into the future so I'm hopeful he will make some changes. Back in the Anderson days I was at or listening to every game so I had a good read on team cooperatively and morale. I obviously don't have that anymore so I'll leave that evaluations to folks who pay closer attention.

GBR

just eliminating the words sac bunt from his vocabulary would help.

Is DE even drawing a salary? I pretty much assumed he agreed to coach the team as a favor to Osborne and Meyers. Now that they're both out of the AD, I wonder what motivation DE has.

Is DE even drawing a salary? I pretty much assumed he agreed to coach the team as a favor to Osborne and Meyers. Now that they're both out of the AD, I wonder what motivation DE has.
Yes he is. 150K a year I believe. As a favor to TO and Meyers? That would be assuming we didn't have any other options. That wasn't the case. Osborne didn't even bring anyone else in for an interview instead handing the keys over to Erstad because he loves NU and will be around for a long time. Osborne should have concentrated on bringing in the best head coach for the program....not who loves NU the most.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT